Fanfic Recs: District 9
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth mutating into an alien for here: These are recommendations made by Troper's for District 9 Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. Do warn when a fanfic may head into prawnsexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, the line between kink and squick is both thin and Serious Business. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by leaving a review, or by just adding your name to the recommendations. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Deleted Scene by Poleepkwana
A Life Between Heaven And Earth by Abyssal1
I Was Your Hero Once by Lying In An Angels Arms
Authors and WebsitesNone yet. A Cage of Butterflies by Anne Whynn
- Recommended by Herr Wozzeck
- Synopsis: MNU desperately tries to salvage their reputation with a goodwill effort involving instating volunteer doctors in District 10. Among them is woman trying to bury the ghosts of her past. But can she find peace surrounded a race that has no future? WIP on its 9th chapter.
- Recommended by J Morgan
- Synopsis: From FF.net: Just a bit of deepening here on Wikus's and Christopher's struggles to tolerate each other, and Junior having a real blast. Not a real deleted scene, but meant to fit the movie like it was. To be placed right after the "where is the fluid" scene. One shot
- Recommended by Blossom Morphine
- Pairing(s): Wikus/Christopher
- Synopsis: The story is premised on the idea that the ship fuel needs time to be prepared, and Christopher and Wikus live in hiding in the meanwhile. From the words of Abbysal1 herself: "Wikus is in hiding in D9, waiting for the fluid to be ready so that they can ascend to the ship... but his relationship with Christopher has become complex, and the change in his body moves inexorably on."
- Recommended by Flame Feathers
- Pairings: Christopher/Wikus
- Synopsis: The Mothership takes longer than expected as Wikus falls from the Poleepkwan Messiah to a false prophet.
- Recommended by Practically Uninformed
- Synopsis: A pseudo-article telling of how one irate prawn's video became viral.