Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Winnie the Pooh Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
A Stranger at Pooh Corner
by A.D. Sullivan
- Recommended by: Quijotesca
- Synopsis: The next-to-last lost manuscript of Winnie the Pooh, found in the vault of Walt Disney, hidden all these years out of Jealousy, where Winnie the Pooh meets the Stranger, Eeyore, Rabbit, Owl, Piglet, Tigger and goes to the Enchanted Place at least one more time.
- Comments: Obviously, not really from a hidden manuscript, but I couldn't bring myself to write a better summary than the one on the page itself because I didn't want to give too much away. The author does have a good enough grasp on writing the characters that you might be fooled, though. It's a bit of a tearjerker.
- Roo: It is a pretty good story, but I can't say I agree that the author has a good enough grasp on the characters that I'd ever be fooled — for one thing, Tigger never lapsed into Hulk Speak in the books. All in all, everyone (possibly apart from Roo and Piglet) seem to have suffered some Flanderization and come across as even more scatterbrained than they ever were in the original stories... but maybe that's intentional, to show how time has passed. That said, there are certainly some very good moments here, and the ending is very nice. Definitely worth a read if you have the time.
by Silver Inkblot
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by: greeneyesrock
- Synopsis: Come with me; back to a time of innocence and wonder, summer days and starry nights. Where the promises you made were the priciples you lived by. Come back; because you never should have left.
- Comments: A very sweet and touching story. Bit of a tearjerker, but in a happy way. I highly recommend it.
None Yet. Thank God.
Stories based on insane premises of all kinds. The plot details vary, but all share that their premises and events would be completely implausible in Canon.
Magiczne Przygody Kubusia Puchatka
- Oh, come now. Would a sweet, fluffy, innocent romance really be all that bad?
- ... I don't think so.
- Synopsis: What if Hundred Acre Wood was located in Poland and the characters were a bunch of thugs and drunks.
- Comments: Great thing, if vulgar. Too bad you'll most probably never get it without learning Polish and having someone explain all the references.