Fanfic Recs: Haruhi Suzumiya
Since you have no interest in ordinary fanfics, here are some recommendations made by Tropers for Haruhi Suzumiya fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance. The Faltering of Haruhi Suzumiya by Newbi
Thine is the Kingdom by Artistshipper
Teardrops of the River Lethe by Arty Esbee d'Arc
Suzumiya Haruhi no Injun by bico
The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya by Turbanator
The Anatomy of Melancholy by A Philosopher with a Pen
You Got HaruhiRolled! by superstarultra
A Closed, Dead Space by superstarultra
Meet The Suzumiyas by JonBob0008
The Humanity of Ryoko Asakura by einootspork
The Courtship of Hazuki's Father by Arty Esbee d'Arc
Godot's Been And Gone by Rocke
The Life and Times of Haruhi Suzumiya by Waking World Dream World
Before The Storm by Rocke
Little Melancholies by R. Controversy
Trust in God, or, The Riddle of Kyon by Eliezer Yudkowsky
The Madness of Suzumiya Haruhi by Sydon Sydon
The Dream of Suzumiya Haruhi by Perkele
One Little Day by Mr CJ
Confessions of a Control Freak by Audley
Tea of Sagittarius by Rokudena-shi.
Tea of Sagittarius: Kyon x Kyonko by Rokudena-shi.
Tea of Sagittarius: Herb by Rokudena-shi.
Bad Things Happening to Kyon
Taniguchi and Kunikida are... by
At a Glance by Durandall
Kyonko's New Life by LagomorphMan
The Deconstruction of Haruhi Suzumiya by sarsparilla
The Apology by Durandall (with illustrations by sarsparilla)
Error in Calculation by Durandall
The Shadow of Haruhi Suzumiya by sarsparilla
Under Review by Halbarad
LiftToDrag Ratio by halfeatenmoon
The Coin by Muphrid
In Your Dreams by Halbarad
An Esper Conversation by Frenschel Boo
Taniguchi and Kunikida are Dead by Hcobb
The Anagram of Suzumiya Kurumi by kurushi
The Setsubun of Suzumiya Haruki by Aebliss
The Link Of Haruhi Suzumiya by Altes
Choose Your Own Adventure by Mereo Flare
- Recommended by FLCNPNCH, Durandall
- Synopsis: Quoting the author's summary: Between Vol 7 and 8 of the novels. Kyon is faced with yet another big problem. The deal is, this time he doesn't get any help from anyone. How will he face it?
- Recommended by Shadow AI
- Synopsis: Thine is the Kingdom explores the question of what would happen if Haruhi actually did as the rest of her club feared and re-wrote reality to make it more interesting, permanently.
- Recommended by Shay Guy, Guessmyname
- Synopsis: Kyon gets Easy Amnesia, and he and the rest of the Brigade have to figure out why before it's too late.
- Recommended by Brickthrower-21, Catt, Durandall
- Synopis The Vacillation of Haruhi Suzumiya: Whether it's between normalcy and adventure or love and your career, making choices is tough. Unfortunately for Kyon, when the person with the difficult choice is a god, sometimes the solution isn't so convenient.
- Recommended by Dark Insanity 13, Operation Shoestring, Gigglepud, ahiijny
- Synopsis: Where the events in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (and likely other books) are actually products of a grieving Haruhi after the death of her childhood friend Kyon. She reflects on trips to a therapist, which inspire her to write the stories in an effort to keep his memory alive.
- Notes: Has a fanvideo here.
- Recommended by Obsidian Warrior, Marioguy128, BrendanRizzo
- Synopsis: Watch as a writer with too much time on his hands, places the cast of TMOHS into absurd situations, ridiculous parodies, and scenarios with disturbing dialogue.
- Notes: Has its own page.
- Recommended by Brendan Rizzo, Obsidian Warrior
- Synopsis: An AU story; Yuki is a human Gadgeteer Genius who lives alone, and, having no friends, constructs a robotic Ryoko for company. Unfortunately, once she makes real friends, Ryoko reveals her true colors...
- Recommended by Obsidian Warrior
- Synopsis: Even in a world filled with fun and excitement, there is always fear and darkness lurking about in it. Read on for the terrors that happen when the club meetings are over.
- Recommended by Ultimate Chimera
- Synopsis: Kyon's father has been transferred away for his job, and Kyon must move away. However, soon an opportunity comes up for him to stay and continue interacting with the SOS Brigade: He can stay with Haruhi. But, not only does this mean Kyon will live in the same house as our favourite hyperactive reality warper, he will also be staying with her parents: the sweet but spacy (and relatively eccentric) Naru and the absolute jerk Oruki.
- Has its own page.
- Recommended by Jonbob0008, Durandall, Brendan Rizzo
- Synopis: Set in an alternate universe where Haruhi and Kyon are dating after the events of book 9. One day, Haruhi realizes that she wants to find John Smith, and as a result, she breaks up with Kyon. A heartbroken Kyon is forced to realize that he must choose between his and Haruhi's happiness, and the safety of the world.
- Recommended by Gadeel
- Synopsis: After her failed attempt on Kyon and subsequent death, Ryoko comes back human and is put under Emiri Kimidori, who is to observe and collect data on how "human" she is.
- Recommended by Ultimate Chimera
- Synopsis: On what seemed to be an ordinary morning for Kyon, a small girl just had to suddenly appear in his bedroom to stir things up... Not to mention she claims Kyon is her father with plenty of proof to back her up. All Kyon can hope to do is send her back home, but if he's her father... who's her mother?
- Recommended by Tropers/jarell88, Ronfar, Daniel LC, Brendan Rizzo, ahiijny
- Synopsis: Nagato's gotten used to waiting.
- Recommended by DontKillBugs
- Synopsis: The SOS Brigade's untold adventures.
- Recommended by Meiousei, Brendan Rizzo
- Synopsis: Yuki Nagato has been stuck for so long, she doesn't know what to do now that she can move again.
- Recommended by Knighted Cyrus, owlbot
- Synopsis: A collection of short character interpretations.
- Recommended by Ronfar, Looney Toons, Luc, gwern, jaimeastorga2000, Daniel LC, Brendan Rizzo
- Synopsis: Haruhi asks Kyon if he believes in God. The consequences of Haruhi believing in a religion would be a disaster, so he tells her the Riddle of Epicurus: what kind of God would create a world with so much evil and suffering in it? He realizes too late that a strongly atheist Haruhi would be just as dangerous; what would happen if God began to believe that she didn't exist? In the end, Kyon has to make a decision... (Includes Kyon x Haruhi.)
- WARNING: Ends abruptly. The story is complete as written.
- YMWV: There's a fairly sizable plothole that belies the so-called "logic" of the story.
- Recommended by Sporkaganza
- Synopsis: Why's everyone acting so strange? Nagato's showing emotions like any other high school girl. Koizumi punched Kyon right in the face! And Haruhi made Kyon her boyfriend! What could be the meaning behind all of this? And why can Kyon suddenly beat everyone at arm-wrestling? Kyon seeks to unravel the truth behind this bizarre turn of events, and finds a surprising answer.
- Recommended by moberemk
- Synopsis: What if a mysterious carnival appeared overnight in the city? Well, Haruhi and Co. would clearly rush off to see it at once right? Until things start to get a little strange, and Kyon gets sent to save the world once again...although not necessarily from who you might expect.
- Recommended by The Malignancy, Durandall
- Synopsis: What if Kyon didn't survive Ryoko's attempt on his life? One little day, one little death, and everything starts to unravel. A oneshot darkfic exploring exactly how important Kyon actually is to the continued function of the brigade.
- Recommended by J the Drafter
- Synopsis: A oneshot exploring Haruhi's thought processes, insecurities, the way she relates to the other brigade members, and the significance of Kyon.
- Recommended by Catt, Jomlos, ZeroXSEED, Sotonya
- Synopisis: Thanks to a stray thought by Haruhi, Kyon transforms into a girl. The SOS Brigade has to deal with the insanity that breaks forth.
- Comments: First of all, this a a fan comic. Second of all, while the comic is mostly Safe For Work, the site itself is not. As for the actual fic... Very well drawn, and generally very funny. Well worth a read. Currently on-going series at that moment (2011/01) have 3 major plot arcs and 2 spin-offs mentioned below. Now with its own page, which needs more love.
- Recommended by Sotonya, Jomlos, ZeroXSEED, Creek917
- Synopisis: First spin-off/sequel to the Tea of Sagittarius. To kill time on day off, Kyon and Kyonko decide to go to the cinema and karaoke together. Things got... complicated.
- Comments: This part stay pretty much SFW. Unlike next one...
- Recommended by Sotonya, ZeroXSEED, Jomlos, Creek917
- Synopisis: Second spin-off/sequel to the Tea of Sagittarius. Kyon (John) remembers Kyonko's offer to give him some space for masturbation (since he can't do it in Nagato's home), and comes by for a visit... Things got... complicated. Much, much more complicated.
- Comments: Being R-18 rated, pretty much NSFW, but still you cant call that hentai at all... Instead, it is rather awkward, confusing... and amusing story.
- Recommended by Ninja Supprise
- Synopisis: There is no real plot, the whole thing is mostly composed of short scenes focussed around movie parodies, pop culture/internet references and the occasional bit of character bashing
- Comments: This fic is really just begining and it's not really certain how long the whole "movie parodies" thing can be kept up for, but worth a look. Only read chapter 6 if you like being freaked out.
- Recommended by Jetfire
- Synopsis: Those Two Guys Taniguchi and Kunikida have an adventure inspired by Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
- Comments: A short but funny little tale, it's a clever little homage to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, and operates smoothly in the background of the original Melancholy arc.
- Recommended by Dont Kill Bugs, Moberemk, Unclouded TJ, GenkiGirl, Pax Empyrean, Brendan Rizzo, Pookiemunch
- Synopsis: The beginning of TMOHS, with a small change. This small change in a single character ends up changing the story in large ways.
- Comments: An emotional rollercoaster, and a definite must-read for any Haruhi fan. Also features a CMOA on Taniguchi's part when he chews out Haruhi for her ignorance as to Kyon's condition.
- Now has a follow-up, Distant Glimpses
- Recommended by Madan Eccles 19, trekie140
- Synopsis: Kyon wakes up one day as a girl, in yet another one of Haru(h/k)i's bizarre incidents. Now (s)he must find out what happened, save the world from another near-apocalypse, and hopefully change back to normal. But, first (s)he needs to ask, does (s)he even want to?
- Comments: Seconded by trekie140. The characters are spot-on while also receiving some much needed depth not found in the anime. It straddles the Second Law of Gender Bending very well, pulling off the right amount of drama that should result from this without too much angst. There's plenty of humor, the plot flows just right, every tool the verse provides is used effecively, Nagato's action scenes are executed flawlessly, time travel is used interestingly without being confusing, and the story could fit right into the canon without contradicting anything.
- Recommended by Madan Eccles 19, Durandall
- Synopsis: Shortly after the culture festival Kyon is granted one of his wishes. Haruhi is not happy with the end result that forces her into reconsidering their relationship.
- Comments: The synopsis for this story doesn't do it justice at all. Long story short: Kyon gets amnesia.
- Recommended by Madan Eccles 19, Pax Empyrean
- Synopsis: After Kyon loses his temper at Haruhi during the shooting of the movie, where did that anger go?
- Comments: a very well done speculation fic.
- Recommended by Madan Eccles 19, Filraen
- Synopsis: After school when everyone has left, come to the 1-5 classroom? Seems harmless enough . . . right? A backup watches her primary and wonders if she could do better. Not a match-up for the characters it's about.
- Comments: Another fic that runs on "what if Kyon didn't survive his meeting with Asakura", expanding mainly in the Yuki's side and the police investigation angle.
- Recommended by Andmeuths, Durandall
- Synopsis Awakening to a completely new reality , Kyon must make sense of what is going on, and find his way out of the maze of possibilities he is now trapped in. There is more than meets the eye. Far, far more. A fic that is set during the Dissociation.
- Comments: One of the most interesting fics in Haruhi Suzumiya , and one that could easily fit into canon. This story really puts Dream! Kyon through the emotional meat grinder , while delivering a carefully calculated dosage of mindscrew. Tearjerkers and Crowning Moments of Heartwarming litter this fic. There is also a strong philosophical dimension to this fic.
- Now has a follow-up/spin-off Till the End of Time
- Recommended by Durandall, Grahf, Unclouded TJ
- Synopsis: It's a new year at school, and Haruhi's frustrated with the state of affairs in the Brigade. In order to get things back on track, she decides to give everyone their annual review.
- Comments: Diverges after book 8. The story is written from Haruhi's PoV, which is explored very well as the focus of her reviews shifts....
- Recommended by Madan Eccles 19
- Synopsis: Kyon wasn't that surprised when he ended up with a place at the same university as Haruhi, and getting a student apartment together in Nagoya just seemed like the most sensible thing to do. Until one morning when Kyon wakes up with a pair of wings.
- Comments: Recently updated after spending a long time as a dead fic.
- Recommended by starstuff99, Unclouded TJ, moberemk, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Brendan Rizzo, trekie140, ahiijny
- Synopsis: In which the ever-enthusiastic brigade chief realizes her powers...thanks to the high price of a can of Coca-Cola. Complete.
- Comments: "All her life, Haruhi's been searching–not just for espers or aliens but for others who want to find them, too. Now, she realizes her power to reshape the world...and that the people around her have never believed in something they didn't know to be true." A well-written story from Haruhi's point of view that believably explores a simple situation in which Haruhi might realize her powers. The story stays mainly light-hearted, although it does have its moments of drama. Definitely worth a read.
- Recommended by MadanEccles19, Unclouded TJ, Brendan Rizzo
- Synopsis: Golden Week has arrived! While the rest of the SOS Brigade makes plans, Kyon is forced to go to a family reunion far out in the country—so Haruhi gives him an assignment: learning about lucid dreaming. Surely nothing unusual could come of that…
- Comments: Co-authored by Halbarad and Durandall, so you know it's good!
- Recommended by Nikesh
- Synopsis: After the events of Vol. 11, Kyouko gets comfort from an unlikely person
- Comments: You need to be familiar with what happened in the latest novels to truly enjoy this. A sweet little character study with some light Kyouko/Itsuki, but not enough to be considered a shipping fic.
- Recommended by: Brendan Rizzo
- Synopsis: How would the series be different if Sasaki had followed Kyon to North High?
- Comments: One of the few AU fics to take the Butterfly Effect and run with it. Has shades of Ontological Mystery which in the end actually make sense.
- NOTE: Not to be confused with Taniguchi and Kunikida are..., which is also recommended on this page.
- Recommended by: Brendan Rizzo
- Synopsis: "The trauma that I am talking about is that of my energetic, paranoid, manic, unstoppable mother, who taught me almost from the day of my birth about time travellers, ES Pers, aliens, magicians, yakuza, vengeful gods, and sliders."
- Comments: The whole fic revolves around Time Travel, and very complex Time Travel at thatnote . The reader won't be able to figure out what's going on until the very end, but by then it's worth it.
- Recommended by: CrowKenobi
- Synopsis: A Suzumiya Haruhi No Seitenkan fanfic. Celebrating Setsubun is anything but ordinary when an over-prepared Haruki Suzumiya is involved. Complete.
- Recommended by: Zeta42
- Status: Ongoing.
- Synopsis: Four months after the events, described in The Astonishment of Haruhi Suzumiya, the SOS Brigade is faced with the most bizarre and dangerous mystery they've dealt with so far. Starting with Ryoko Asakura's sudden return, it becomes apparent someone powerful is getting at our heroes. Can they stand together and go through the challenges thrown upon them? Find out in this new story!
- Comments: While this fanfic is meant to be a continuation of the light novels, it's Darker and Edgier than the original series. Violence isn't shown much, but blood and gore during and after battles are described. Also contains mild swearing.
- Recommended by: Flairina
- Status: Complete.
- Synopsis: But not really. Having all the power in the world might sound interesting for some people, but whether it's in Haruhi's hands or his own, it proves to be more trouble than it's worth for Kyon.
- Comments: Short, but utterly hilarious.
- Recommended by: mysterykcad, Brendan Rizzo, ahiijny
- Status: Technically complete, though the author has plans on continuing it.
- Synopsis: What if it wasn't a simple act of homework that released the Brigade from their endless summer vacation? What if the end didn't come as years faded into decades into centuries? How can the brigade cope with the growing weight of time?
- Comments: A somewhat dark story dealing with the psychological effects of the endless summer on the SOS Brigade members, as well as the lasting effects from their ordeal once they finally get free of it. Very well-written, with a large helping of Original Flavor.
Timeless by ADdude
Worst Day Ever by Sharper Than the Sword
The Melancholy of Shinigami Ryuk by Rocke and Roll
The Melancholy of Rorschach by BobCat
Demiglace Graffiti by ToastedPine
Kyon: Big Damn Hero by Durandall (Fanfiction.net link, no new updates there)
Suzumiya Haruhi No Index by Hyakimaru
Our Inevitable Fate by Durandall
Exciting Investigation of Eastern Mysteries by Nathan Huss
Imperfect Cherry Blossom by Supperdude9
- Recommended by The World of Fantasy
- Synopsis: Kyon has been missing for months. A new disaster begins to develop. Will Haruhi learn what she really is? Where Kyon has been? And what does the strange man with the blue box has to do with all of this?
- Comments: Now that it's Complete, along with the sequel, The Promise of Haruhi Suzumiya. The author is currently working on the third Sequel, Time After Time.
- Recommended by Sporkaganza, SpiriTsunami, Durandall, Brendan Rizzo, Unclouded TJ
- Synopsis: The Tenth Doctor ends up in Haruhi-land and causes trouble for Kyon and the SOS Brigade. One-shot.
- Recommended by Zoltran
- Synopsis: What happens when a bored Haruhi picks up the notebook of a bored God of Death? Things get interesting, that's what.
- Recommended by Looney Toons
- Synopsis: After being "killed" by Dr. Manhattan in 1985, Rorschach wakes up in 2005, in a world with a different history from the one he remembers. Seeking a cause, he follows a suggestion by this world's Dr. Manhattan and investigates a schoolgirl in Japan.
- Recommended by Looney Toons
- Synopsis: Haruhi Suzumiya and her father live lives almost entirely separate from each other — she, a schoolgirl with strange interests and enthusiasms, and he, a divorced architect who was once a martial artist from Nerima. As we learn how Ranma Saotome became Ranma Suzumiya, their two worlds begin to intersect, and each may discover that the other has far more weirdness in their lives than they previously thought.
- Recommended by Raineh Daze, Kaoz, Unclouded TJ, Silver, The Dark Freak, Dragon Khorse, Pax Empyrean, Zfish9, Filraen, Kazeto, Brendan Rizzo
- Status: Sadly, as of 1/17/2014, the author is no longer with us.
- Synopsis: To quote its own summary: 'A Tvtropes website/Haruhi crossover. Kyon with a beam saber. Haruhi aware of her powers. Beware the unsubtle harem plot.' Also contains time-travel, yakuza, epic fight scenes, and crosses over with Higurashi. Has its own page.
- Recommended by Sophie Fitz
- Synopsis: This fiction takes Yuri Nakamura directly from the conclusion of the Angel Beats! anime to the universe where her Expy counterpart reigns supreme. Eventually Yuri discovers that she has personal business with several of the main characters from the Haruhi universe...
- Recommended by Ninmikey01
- Synopsis: In a world where magic is governed by religion and science controls psychic powers, the SOS Brigade and the students of Academy City must work together to prevent a catastrophe. Said catastrophe is reality's destruction that would only be caused by the contact of the Imagine Breaker boy Touma and the Genki Girl Reality Warper Haruhi. Has its own page
- Recommended by Yami No Izanagi, Vilui
- Synopsis: In the small sleepy town of Hinamizawa, there have been a string of murders connected to the Watanagashi festival. This has piqued the interest of one Haruhi Suzumiya, who has decided to investigate it and bring the SOS Brigade with it. But things, naturally, are more than they seem...
- Comments: The first two arcs are complete now. Original Flavor runs strong, and the Hinamizawa atmosphere is very prevalent. And believe me, you will want to see (or cringe horribly at the sight of) the SOS Brigade when put into the world of When They Cry. Has its own page
- Recommended by The G
- Pairing(s): Ichigo/Rukia, some Kyon(Kaien)/Haruhi moments
- Synopsis: Crossover with Bleach. After an encounter with a Hollow, memories of Haruhi's past life as a certain hairpin-wearing busty babe begin to awaken, which leads to Kyon revealing to the SOS Brigade that he isn't an ordinary human after all and his name is not Kyon, his name is Kaien Kurosaki, the son of Ichigo and Rukia Kurosaki, and he decides to embrace his heritage and become a Shinigami, and soon the SOS Brigade have a new purpose, to join the everlasting fight against the Hollows and the fight against a newly revived Aizen.
- Recommended by Madan Eccles 19
- Synopsis: A three-way crossover, throwing our favorite club members into the trials of bokurano. MUCH more Haru/Higu-centric; bokurano is just used as a setting. Knowledge of Higurashi is good, bokurano is not required.
- Comments: a very experimental piece and very good.
- Recommended by 71TheRoman
- Synopsis: After doing some research, Haruhi drags the rest of the SOS Brigade to a remote Shinto shrine said to be haunted by mysterious spirits, much to Kyon’s annoyance. After discovering too late the shrine has merely been abandoned, Haruhi nearly blows a fuse at the lack of anything to do…until the bizarre disappearance of Koizumi grabs everyone’s attention. If that weren’t enough, two college students suddenly show up, talking about some dream world called “Gensokyou”…
- Comments: This is a good story, IMHO. Mr. Huss has thought things through very well, even employing his reader’s opinion on point-of-view ever now and then. The SOS-Dan are all in character with canon, and their interactions with the denizens of Gensokyo feel realistic and not forced in the slightest. It also doesn’t hurt that the personalities given to our beloved youkai are believable and multi-dimensional. Currently up to seven chapters, having just finished peeking at the “team-up” of everyone’s favorite Humanoid Interface and a certain puppeteer…and ready to catch up on the Reality Warper herself. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. Makes it a drag then that it hasn’t been updated in over half a year.
- Recommended by mysterykcad
- Synopsis: A crossover between Haruhi Suzumiya and Touhou Project. During the events of Snow Mountain Syndrome, Kyon is spirited away to Gensokyo, and ends up getting wrapped up in the events of Perfect Cherry Blossom. Due to a number of factors, including manipulations by the Sky Canopy Dominion and getting a late start, the events of the Spring Snow Incident are much more serious than in the game. A second story arc is currently in progress in which Kyon and Nagato find themselves in Gensokyo for the events of Imperishable Night.
- Comments: While the premise is simple, the author does an excellent job intertwining the two worlds. While most of the focus is on Gensokyo's cast, the story is told from Kyon's perspective, with a fair amount of Original Flavor. The cast of Gensokyo are multidimensional, and their interactions with Kyon are realistic and entertaining. There also seems to be a Myth Arc developing around the Sky Canopy Dominion's interference with events in Gensokyo. Thankfully, unlike the other Haruhi/Touhou crossover fic on this page, this story is updated fairly regularly.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast. Ich Liebe Dich by Tamekichi
The Harem Lifestyle of Kyon by gotskittlez121
Serendipity by xxfirebubblesxx
Like Love In the Movies by jan
Just Dance by Perkele
The Attraction of Haruhi Suzumiya by Hejin57
The Aging of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagatoismylover
Mythos by Kraven Ergeist
The Love Affair of Nagato Yuki by rick777
The Gamma Dimension by The Hidden Lostar
Cat's Curiosity by Tatsumaki-Sama
A Time of Gray by Racke
The One Wish of Haruhi Suzumiya by Poke2201
Not Quite What I'd Expected by Sheo Darren
The Conflicts Of Haruhi Suzumiya by Another Duck
How The Game Was Won by Arty d'Arc
The Girl Who Would Be God by Osuwarii
Marriage of Haruhi Suzumiya by ADdude
- Recommended by swtrooper42
- Pairing: Kyon/Yuki
- Synopsis: Kyon begins to realize that his concern for Yuki's welfare may be more then he thinks it is.
- Recommended by ZeroXSEED, Jomlos
- Pairing: Kyon x Unwanted Harem
- Synopsis: Exactly What It Says on the Tin. One Day, Kyon and Those Two Guys discussing about What If? they lived in a Dating Sim and gained Unwanted Harem in process, and Kyon decided that wouldn't be so bad (he's bored at the time). Haruhi, looking at Kyon's boredom, unconsciously wish that WHATEVER Kyon wanted that time comes true. Hilarity Ensues!
- Recommended by Guessmyname
- Pairing: Asakura -> Yuki (note: one-way)
- Synopsis: Serendipity: the phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for. A collection of drabbles on the everyday life between two Data Entities in a single moment. -preseries-
- Recommended by Skadi, Malchus, moberemk
- Pairing: Haruhi/Kyon
- Synposis: Kyon starts hearing narration on his head. And then music. It seems that Haruhi wants a love story.
- Recommended by moberemk
- Pairing: Some Haruhi/Kyon, some Yuki/Kyon
- Synopsis: Haruhi finds out about a formal ball being held for all the clubs in the school and decides to attend; heartwarming and hilarity ensues.
- Recommeded by jonbob0008
- Pairing: Haruhi/Kyon
- Synopsis: Kyon finds himself struggling to keep the world from tearing itself apart as he tries to deal with Haruhi's growing feelings for him...as well as his own feelings for her.
- Recommended by Hejin57
- Pairing: Haruhi/Kyon
- Synopsis: Years after their high school days in the SOS Brigade, Kyon and Haruhi fatefully meet each other again, and slowly, an unrequited love between them begins to blossom.
- Recommended by Eddie Current, Shadow AI, and Hotel Kilo
- Pairing: Kyon/Yuki
- Synopsis: When Kyon attempts to help Yuki perfect her human guise, thing of course go more than a little awry
- Recommended by StevetheCornMuffin, Brendan Rizzo
- Pairing: Kyon/Yuki
- Synopsis: Ever since December 18th, Yuki's been having serious problems related to her "erroneous data". Who else can she turn to for comfort but Kyon? And with that, events are set into motion that will irreparably alter the SOS Brigade's world.
- Recommended by Sophie Fitz, Durandall
- Pairing: Kyon/Yuki
- Synopsis: This fiction takes place on the same point as the dimensional split that occurred in the ninth light novel. The one who calls Kyon is Yuki Nagato as opposed to the two in the canon. As suggested in the pairing tab, Kyon and Yuki progressively establish a romantic relationship, but it turns out that just a bit more happens in-between...
- Recommended by Canonier
- Pairing: Kyon/Haruhi
- Synopsis: A one-shot written from Haruhi's perspective as she watches Kyon...until it gets beyond simply watching.
- Recommended by SiFi270
- Pairing: Yuki/Mikuru
- Synopsis: Mikuru finally returns to her own time. However, somebody unexpected, though far from unwanted, is waiting for her there.
- Recommended by Friendinneed, ZeroXSEED, Jomlos
- Pairing(s): Kyon/Haruhi or Kyon/Kyonko
- Synopsis: Haruhi makes a wish, and with her Reality Warper Powers come the Genderbended SOS-dan. They all get together.
- Recomended by Ninja Suprise
- Pairing(s): Asakura/Kyon Yuki/Kyon Haruhi/Kyon.... pretty much everyone/Kyon
- Synopsis: AU setting in which Ryoko decided not to kill Kyon but to... make out with him instead. What follows is Kyon's attempts to deal with the kinda-sorta-maybe Unwanted Harem that follows. Plenty of Gratuitous Japanese, characters from Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei and general craziness abound.
- Recommended by Ashoka
- Pairing(s): Ryoko/Kyon, Haruhi/Kyon
- Synopsis: Ryoko Asakura returns (officially, but presumably not from Canada), reprogrammed, restricted and under Kyon's control, the only reason why he doesn't completely freak out over this. as Ryoko expresses greater interests in humans in general and Kyon especially, Haruhi tries to unravel the mysteries of her dis- and reappearance while she starts to see Asakura as a romantic threat.
- Recommended by Sydin, O'Malley
- Synopsis: Maybe that's why it happens. Why she steps closer, why he doesn't turn away. Why their lips, already wet with rain, meet to get wetter as tongues slip in. Maybe that's why they don't stop. A oneshot from Haruhi's point of view, reflecting on her relationship with Kyon after they've had sex for the first time. It delves into the complex relationship between the two yet keeps both of them, especially Haruhi, very much in character.
- Pairing(s): Haruhi/Kyon
- Recommended by O'Malley
- Synopsis: What a piece of work is man. How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god! A oneshot from Kyon's point of view detailing an intimate moment in the club room with Haruhi.
- Pairing(s): Haruhi/Kyon
- Recommended by Gamermaster
- Pairing(s): Haruhi/Kyon
- Synopsis: Kyon wakes up one morning to discover that he is married to Haruhi. How will he deal with this? How will he get out of it? Does he even want to get out of it?