Proof that the remaining 10% is worth joining Weapon X for
here. Writing me in a good way is kinda hard, one wrong step, and you end up making another Dudepeel
Anyway, these are fanfics about me
that are VERY AWESOME, signed by some Tropers (and me), so you better go check'em out! Go ahead and add a fanfic of your own to the list, but use the template here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
But enough trivialties, just go read awesome me as written by other people!
Authors, and Websites
Cable and Deadpool Kinkmeme
- Recommended by Monkeypizzasonic
- Writes some wonderful Cable/Deadpool one-shots and multi-chapter stories, archived here.
- Let Slip The Dogs of War, inspired by the alternate universe seen in C&D 15 where Cable became War.
- Good Intentions, a PWP that eventually evolved a plot; unfinished.
- Summers'son, a high school AU with Nate and Wade. And it's good.
- One-shot Post-Second Coming fic, or "A meditation on the inevitability of life, the meaninglessness of death and what a total jerk you were about it, by Wade Wilson". Fluff.
- Recomended by Monkeypizzasonic
- Mostly slash of the Cable/Deadpool varity, but a lot of other people get in on the action as well. (Does it count as self-promotion if it's hosted on my LiveJournal?)
Deadpool's Awesome Fanfiction
- Recommended by Love Is Weird
- Synopsis: The merc with a mouth, in his usual awareness of the continuity, realizes that he is in a fanfiction and decides to correct some common issues with the medium.
- Comments: This is Deadpool at his fan fic best. He's totally in-character, it has a Parody Sue (who gets killed, of course, this is Deadpool we're talking about), and he's hyper-aware. Twilight-bashers, go forth to the second chapter. PG-13, it has guns.
- Recommended by Madkatter, redbess
- Synopsis: Movieverse Wolverine/Deadpool. No, keep reading. Seriously.
- Comments: The piece linked is the first in a series, which this troper highly recommends reading all of. Lex-n-karu's writing is hilarious and their characterizations are believable and nuanced. Hell, she makes the pairing plausible. Read it!
- Comments: Madkatter has it right, PLEASE don't let the pairing deter you. Most of the slash is just implied and there's nothing more explicit than some kissing and groping. It's funny, terrifying, heartbreaking and satisfying.
- Comments: This is really well done, highly recommended!
- Recommended by anonymousEDward, feral
- Synopsis: From the Cable and Deadpool kinkmeme - Deadpool begins to receive some interesting mail on Providence. Cable/Deadpool.
- Comments: This fic is freaking hilarious, no matter how many times I read it. It's just so ... you've just got to read it.
Marvel Adventures Cable and Deadpool (and Hope)
- Recommended by Kereea
- Synopsis: Deadpool's the sane one.
- Comments: A combination crack and shipping fic, it has a sort of Slice of Life (on some random mission) with Deadpool as sane and Cable as insane. while it's short -leaving several aspects of the sanity swap unexplored- it is still very good and a fun read of Cable x Deadpool shippers.
- It does, however, leave out why Deadpool is sane. Cable was apparently driven nuts by power overload in his childhood but even that is flimsy. It's just an introspective/fluff piece.
How Wonderful Life Is (Now You're In The World)
- Recommended by Monkeypizzasonic
- Synopsis: Based in the happy and positive MA universe; little Hope spends a day in New York with Daddy Nate and Daddy Wade. Special guest stars and massive fluff ensues.
- Comments: I cannot even begin to describe how damn cute this is. The author says "This was mainly written in my pink-papered Tinkerbell notebook, using a Hello Kitty pen, while watching Lilo & Stitch." It's that kind of fic.
- Recommended by bookwormgal
- Pairings: slow-building Wade Wilson/Peter Parker
- Synopsis: (Post Original Sin) Wade decides to hang up his mask in favor of settling down and raising his daughter. It actually goes slightly better than expected.
by CreamCheeseAlchemist (Death Note Crossover
A Dog, A Boy, And A Merc
- Recommended by feral
- Synopsis: Deadpool meets Light Yagami. 'Nuff said.
- Comments: And this, class, is what we call snark.
by The Jonny T Factor
(Adventure Time Crossover
Deadpool vs. Equestria
- Recommended by nightelf37
- Synopsis: What happens when everyone's favorite mercenary shows up at Finn and Jake's door, looking for the Ice King?
by Live Light
(My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Crossover
Thinking In Little Green Boxes
- Recommended by nightelf37
- Synopsis: Deadpool has found himself in Equestria. He isn't very happy about being in a place that's too happy, but he is trying to fit in with everypony. He makes friends and enemies, and confuses the hell out of everything. Will he be able to find a way home? Will he be stuck there? And if so, will he be a good citizen, or bring about the end of Equestria as we know it?
- "You know, I don't do that to EVERYWHERE I go, you didn't have to mention that. You're lucky you're safe behind your little laptop screen or wherever the hell you're using this from. If you destroy my image completely in here, I will not hesitate to strangle ya through the-"
- Do you wish for a story or not?
- So let it be said... so let it... be done.
by DireSquirrel (Harry Potter Crossover
Good Cop, Bad Cop
- Recommended by Comartemis, ShadowAI, Sen, Fyrewyre, feral
- Synopsis: On the night baby Harry was supposed to go to the Dursleys, someone screwed up the addresses and dropped him off at 4 Privy Drive, currently inhabited by one Wade Wilson. Ten years later, Harry gets his Hogwarts letter.
“Don’t worry, this can’t possibly be as bad as the time he stole Dr. Doom’s credit card and bought everything under the sun.”
In Latveria, a certain monarch was looking at his visa bill.
"Who dares defile DOCTOR DOOM'S credit score?"
- Comments: Yes. Harry Potter as raised by the Merc With a Mouth himself. The world will never be sane again.
- ShadowAI: I thought this would be a delightful read over lunch break at work and I was laughing so hard I almost choked on my cookie. It gets a little flat toward the second half and requires a very extensive knowledge of the Marvel comic universe to fully understand. That said its a hillarious Crack Fic that's worth a glance if you have time to kill.
- Sen: I laughed pretty much from start to finish, so much so I can't decide which part of the whole thing I found the funniest (right now it's a tie between Harry's early years, the Communist Manifesto and Harry using Luke, I Am Your Father as a distraction). Loved it even though I'm no fanfic guy, don't care much for Harry Potter and I haven't read enough comics to know about all the Marvel references thrown around.
- LoveIsWeird: ...Wow. Yes, the world seems a lot better with Deadpool as Harry's sort-of dad.
- Fyrewyre: (Laughs madly) Oh, man... Thanks for that. Also, it has its own page now.