open/close all folders
Stories in this category run the full range of genres and themes. If it's set in the main The Wizard of Oz continuity and the romance is not the focus then it belongs here. The Wizard of Oz 3: Dorothy Goes to Hell, by James Rolfe.
- Recommended by Master Hand
- Synopsis: A hilariously bizarre animated Fan Sequel to the films that picks up after the events of Return to Oz. Dorothy is back on the farm in Kansas with her aunt and uncle ("Uncle Crunch" and "Auntie Eminem" in this version) when a sandcrawler appears and sells Tick Tock and the Tin Man to the family as workers. But Tick Tock is carrying a message from Glinda, stating that Oz has been taken over by Satan, who plans to escape to Kansas and destroy the world on January 1st, 2000 using an evil cyborg version of Jesus. It just gets weirder from there, featuring random cameos, nonsensical characters, Surreal Humour, and Big Lipped Alligator Moments around every turn.
- Tags: Crack Fic, potentially NSFW due to language (this is the person who brought us The Angry Video Game Nerd, after all) and an anatomically-correct drunk Munchkin.
- Recommended by: Raptyr
- Synopsis: Movieverse. Miss Almira Gulch was caught up in the twister and thrown to the ground unconscious. Then she dreamed and dream. Or did she?
- Comments: Just a oneshot, but hilarious. Everyone is perfectly in-character as well, which is very nice to see.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast. The Ruby Slippers of Oz by WTalespinner
- Recommended by Bookworm Gal
- Pairings: Dorothy/Scarecrow
- Synopsis: Facing eviction from their farm in Kansas, Dorothy Gale returns to the land of Oz to make a desperate plea to the Scarecrow King. She is unaware, however, that another wicked witch…and a foul-tempered cobbler…are taking advantage of an unfortunate accident which indefinitely neutralizes Glinda. An unofficial sequel to the 1939 film based on L. Frank Baum's Oz books!
- Comments: Mostly combines "The Marvelous Land of Oz" and "The Patchwork Girl of Oz," but has lots of nice references that will leave you happy.