Awesome: The Wizard of Oz
- "Almira Gulch... just because you own half the county doesn't mean you have the power to run the rest of us! For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you... and now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!"note
- "I AM OZ.... the Great and Powerful!"
- Despite the fact that Glinda's all sugar and sweetness, she should not be underestimated.
Glinda: Ha, ha, ha! Rubbish! You have no power here. Now begone — before someone drops a house on you!
- Dorothy herself. I know, she gets a lot of flak for being some kind of whiny little brat, but people don't give the girl enough credit. I mean come on! She's had a whole lot thrown at her all at once for crying out loud! The girl does have a lot of guts, if you know when and where to look.
"Oh I'll bite you myself! You wicked old witch!"
- When confronted by Almira Gulch in the beginning she's brave enough to talk back.
- When she leaves Munchkin land she doesn't complain about not having bodyguards.
- When both the Scarecrow and Tin Man are too scared to fight the Lion, she isn't afraid at all.
- When the Wizard makes poor Lion faint, who comes to his defense first? Dorothy.
- All of these are almost always accompanied with a "Shame on you!" Just that line alone deserves a mention.
- When The Scarecrow is on fire who picked up the bucket and tried to help?
- The truth of the matter is that Dorothy retains her innocent nature throughout the movie. Honestly, the people who continue to diss her should try watching the movie more closely.
- And not take ''Wicked'' as the real story
- The Tin Man tells the Wizard that he's had enough time to think, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion agree, saying, "Yeah!"
- Uncle Henry subtly snarking at Miss Gulch in the beginning.
Miss Gulch: I need to see your wife right away about Dorothy.Uncle Henry: Dorothy? What has Dorothy done?Miss Gulch: What has she done? I'm all but lame from the bite on my leg!Uncle Henry: You mean she bit you?Miss Gulch: No, her dog.Miss Gulch: ...No.
- The scene where Dorothy opens the door after the tornado, transitioning herself and the viewer from the dull, sepia Kansas to the beautiful, colorful Land of Oz. Even seventy years later, people still let out gasps at that part, especially when you see it on the big screen.
- The Tornado scene when Dorothy sees Gulch, Gulch doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she is up 100 feet in the air and in a tornado and just keeps on Cycling. She even takes the time to politely nod at Dorothy before turning into the Wicked Witch. Say what you will about her, but that was pretty badass in 30s standards.
- The Wicked Witch herself. She's not considered one of the seminal movie villains of the 20th century for nothing.
- The Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man promptly go to rescue Dorothy once they put the Scarecrow back together. They succeed, too.
- In the stage show, Uncle Henry finally has enough of Mrs. Gulch's crap when she takes Toto away, not even caring that Dorothy's in hysterics over losing her best friend.
"Now, you pedal your carcass off my land before I drag it off."