Fanfic Recs / Skyfall
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being shot from a moving train
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Hypocrisy Was Our Text
- Recommended by LexiDizzle
- Synopsis: Sévérine is barely sixteen when she meets Raoul Silva, who offers her an escape from her life of slavery. But, she soon learns that Silva's kindness comes at a price, as she finds herself sucked into a deadly criminal enterprise, and in love with a man who is seeking revenge above all else.
- Comments: The origin story of Skyfall's Disposable Woman, Sévérine. Not for the squeamish, as there are discussion/depictions of sex-slavery, child prostitution, rape and sexual assault, drug addiction, an unhealthy consensual relationship, and of course loads and loads of plain old violence. Absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful.
so you were never a saint.
- Recommended by Skazka
- Synopsis: 'When Andrew Bond and Monique Delacroix Bond die in 1572, they leave behind a small freehold, a large house, and a very small, very angry boy.' Skyfall AU set in Elizabethan England by someone who quite clearly knows their stuff very well (and is having a lot of fun.)
- Comments: Fresh, clever, and really gripping; makes the absolute most of its period setting without resorting to empty cliches. This fic does something really cool with canon characteristics/cultural roles for spies from such varied backgrounds and does some wickedly clever stuff with M as lady spymaster, Q as gadgeteer, and Silva's uniquely grisly hangups. (Contains roughly canon levels of somewhat more mutual Silva/Bond.)
- Recommended by foxglade
- Synopsis: In which Eve is secretly Q’s BFF, Bond and Q clumsily end up being sort-of-bros, and Q is such a fucking hipster, you guys don’t even know.
- Comments: A hilarious and surprisingly sweet take on Q and Bond developing a working relationship and friendship, with a handy helping of Q's backstory and personal life. The slice-of-life writing style and balance of humour and emotion make it a classic in the fandom.
, by BootsnBlossoms
Fall Behind Left Behind
- Recommended by: Terrie
- Synopsis: Mike Taylor is a genius who is tired of all the expectations society places on him. So he takes a job as level 1 tech support at MI6, following a script and helping people troubleshoot their email. His plan for an obscure life is ruined when he accidently gets a call from an agent in the field.
- Pairing(s): Bond/Q
- Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, slash
series by MidKnight2501
- Recommended by: Lexi Dizzle
- Synopsis: Silva didn't stop at merely fondling Bond. Afterwards, Bond is kidnapped and finds himself becoming part of a bizarre and deadly ménage.
- Comments: Basically, Stockholm Syndrome fic. Very twisted, but delicious character work.
- Pairing(s): Bond/Silva, Bond/Severine, Severine/Silva (and Bond/Severine/Silva OT 3); references to Bond/Eve
- Warnings: Non Con, Torture