Proof that the remaining 10% is worth becoming a spy for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The "Sins" Trilogy: Sins of the Father, The Ends of the Earth, The Fate of the Devil
- Recommended by Extraintrovert
- Synopsis: Nightingale is described by its author as "an Epic Adventure that will explore every corner of the Bond universe".
- Comments: It is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
by Chanandler Bong
RISICO - A Bond 17 Screenplay
- Recommended by althechi
- Comments: A three part Bond adventure that will make you think that Pierce Brosnan and the Aston Martin "Vanish" are cool again. Seriously!
by Thompson Colton
Death Doesn't Die
- Recommended by althechi
- Synopsis: A 116-page screenplay that would've been Timothy Dalton's third Bond film.
- Comments: The plotlines adapted from two Bond novels and a Fleming short story, with a few gratuitous explosions thrown in. Check it out.
by GA Thrawn
A Kill In The Morning
- Recommended by countdracula94
- Synopsis: The first fan fiction short story by GA Thrawn thrusts James Bond into deepest Siberia with a beautiful German intelligence agent...
- Comments: This story was made by another member of a gaming website I'm a member of. Not the best plot in the world, but it's full of cheesy fun!
For Queen and Country
- Recommended by jadmire
- Synopsis": An Alternate History (and thus non-canon) fan fiction novel, written in the style of Ian Fleming, which puts James Bond in a world (in some ways similar to the world of Fatherland'') where Nazi Germany survived World War II. Something dreadful happens to M along the way, and Bond ends up going rogue in his quest for revenge against the Nazis...
- Comments: Won the 2011 Turtledove Award for best continuing fanfic on alternatehistory.com (which has a large subforum of its own devoted to the posting and writing of full-length alternate history stories and novels, some of which delve into Fan Fic territory.) The author's emulation of Fleming's style is letter-perfect. The site requires login, so you may have to create an account if you don't have one (very well worth doing if you're interested in Alternate History at all).
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Queen of Spades
- Recommended by Herbieriffer
- Synopsis: Commander James Bond was one of MI6's top operatives. Having succeeded in countless missions and bringing down international terrorists such as Le Chiffre and Dominic Greene, Bond is sent to Istanbul to retrieve a hard drive containing the names of every agent involved in undercover affairs. The hard drive in question has fallen into enemy hands, and it's his job to get it back.
After disastrous events in Istanbul during the mission, James finds himself in an unfamiliar land, and soon becomes entangled in a tale of international espionage.
Only one man can protect Equestria and its princesses in this new time of crisis, and his name's Bond.
- Recommended by razorsmile
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: "Bond," M said, as he paused in the doorway to hear her out, "the next time you do something like this will be once too many." (OR "M figures out how best to use a highly effective loose-cannon." OR "Bond figures out that there's always a bigger fish.")
- Comments: Starring Craig!Bond, characterization is pitch-perfect and the writing is done with a masterful eye for detail. An extremely rare case of Bond/M (Yes, M!) and it works brilliantly.