Fanfic Recs: Haibane Renmei
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Haibane Renmei Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Before We Had Wings
Haibane Renmei: C O R P O R A T I O N
- Recommended by Nightelf
- Synopsis: A set of vignettes about the various Haibane, and the events that eventually brought them to Glie.
- Comments: It's a massive Tear Jerker, especially considering that children are involved; do not read without Kleenex nearby, because you're going to need it. There are spoilers about the Haibane themselves (and Reki and Rakka in particular), but overall the story is well worth the read.
Mado of Stone Mill
- Recommended by Ananonymuscat and Ajobforsuperman
- Synopsis: The history of mankind is a lie. All knowledge, all memories, anything from before 220 years ago is false. And it is because of my work that this is so. My name is Claudius Ptolemy... scientist, philosopher, engineer, dreamer... What a fool I was...
- Comments: What happens when you cross awesome with awesome? Awesome happens. Very well thought out fic that combines Haibane Renmei with several other fanfics and makes it work. Part of a huge overweaving story but can be read alone. It's that's well put together. Be sure to set some time aside from reading this fic, because the chapters are long, but at the same time don't drag on and on.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Ruise
- Synopsis: An unofficial sequel taking place four months after the end of the anime, highlighting the life of a haibane called Mado.
- Comments: A charming fanfic unofficially declared Fanon. You be the judge.
- It's about the length of a short novel, but so nice to read, and so true to the atmosphere of the anime (but with a different, but equally loveable group of male haibane in a different house) you won't want it to end.