Proof that the remaining 10% is worth smurfing for
These are recommendations made by tropers for The Smurfs
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. After a few samples, you will be able to note the interests of the tropers recommending them, and judge whether you might be also interested in a certain 'fic.
Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found herenote
. Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexualnote
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked / disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommendations Line. Please refrain from posting "Comments" or Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Title of the Fanfic by Author OR Fic Trope Page, by Author (Link)
Recommended by: Troper Name
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, any known Crossovers etc.
open/close all folders
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the (un)friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by Rowena Zanrei
It's A Wonderful Smurf
- Recommenced by Roo
- Synopsis: Thanks to two alien creatures named Molk and Nolk, and a pair of magical glasses, Brainy accidentally travels back in time to before there was a Smurf village. When a powerful enemy is set on destroying all Smurfs in the world, Brainy has to work to stop him, or there won't be a Smurf village in his own time to return to.
- Status: Completed.
- Comments: Explores the origin of the Smurf village and provides a very original (and yet completely believable, within the cartoon universe) explanation of how Papa Smurf became the father figure to almost a hundred Smurflings to begin with.
and A World Without Gargamel
by Rowena Zanrei
- Recommenced by Roo
- Synopsis: Mandrake the Mischievous, an imp who loves to make other people miserable, gives the It's A Wonderful Life treatment to Brainy (with Clumsy tagging along for the ride), but things don't go quite as he planned. In the sequel, he tries the same tactic with Gargamel.
- Status: Completed
- Comments: Yes, It's a Wonderful Plot again — twice, but there are a few twists to it. For one thing, Mandrake is mainly after making Brainy and Gargamel miserable and as such is actively seeking to prove to them that they've led worthless lives. Gargamel's story in particular provides a few notable twists on the formula.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
The Smurfette Village
and Return to the Smurfette Village
by Lady Raven
- Recommended by The Snow Squirrel
- Status: Complete
- Synopses: The Smurf dam bursts one stormy night, and Hefty Smurf is swept away. He drifts out to sea, and in an ironic twist, eventually ends up on a distance shore near a village of Smurfettes.
- Pairing(s): Hefty x OC, and a few others...maybe.
- Comments: One of those tales that just goes to show distaff counterparts can be likable and interesting, and not just boring gender-swapped carbon copies of the dudes. The author also gives a few of the canon characters some nice Hidden Depths. Also, just because these fics contain pairings does not mean they are the only focus of the plot. We have plenty of adventure/action/drama here. In fact it feels like it could be an actual episode.