The Smurfette Village
is a series of fanfiction stories written by the Raven Child and published on Fanfiction.net. It follows the adventures of The Smurfs
as they meet a whole village of Smurfettes. It is set in the same universe as The Smurfs
cartoon show. The stories that make up part of the series include.
This series provides the following examples:
- Afraid of Needles: Toughette has a fear of needles.
- And This Is for...: Hefty and Toughette trash Gargamel's hovel after the Smurfs were hit with "The Blue Plague", saying "This is for all the Smurf and Smurfette lives you destroyed." Toughette also torches Azrael's bed, saying "This goes for you too, Azrael."
- Bigger Bad: Asmodey plays a bigger role than Gargamel does in the third story as he goes after the remaining Smurfs.
- Cosmic Retcon: The events of the fourth story retcon The Smurfs' ninth season (the time-traveling episodes) out of existence, setting up the stage for the events in the story series proper.
- Crystal Prison: Hefty and Toughette are trapped in one during the events of the third story.
- Distaff Counterpart
- The Smurfettes, several of whom are distinct counterparts of several male Smurfs.
- Mama Smurf —> Papa Smurf
- Toughette —> Hefty
- Brainette —> Brainy
- Klutzette —> Clumsy
- Gingerette —> Greedy
- Melody —> Harmony
- Valvette —> Vanity
- Cowgirl —> Farmer, with elements of Wooly
- Tattlerette —> Reporter
- Nursette —> Doctor
- Babette —> Baby
- Gargamel and Azrael have one in the evil witch Gloria and her cat Phoebe.
- Doomed Hometown: First the Smurfette Village, then later the Smurf Village.
- Get Out: Handy to his fellow Smurfs when he sees them cleaning up Hefty's house during the time that they thought Hefty was gone for good.
- Lady Land: The Smurfette Village is populated mainly by female Smurfs, but otherwise treat their male Smurf counterparts with respect and kindness, particularly their first visitor Hefty.
- One-Gender Race: Averted in this series, as it explains how male and female Smurfs were first created in the beginning.
- Separated by the Wall: The Smurfs outside the magic force field erected by Papa Smurf in the third story talk to the few Smurfs inside who are barely alive to find out what had happened.
- Some Kind of Force Field: A magical invisible force field is cast over the entire village after The Plague first struck and killed the Smurfs and Smurfettes in it, keeping out Hefty, Toughette, Brainy, Brainette, Baby, Babette, and the Smurflings so that they would not be infected.
- Synthetic Plague: A plague known as "The Blucrotidus Disease" (or "The Blue Plague") was manufactured by either Gargamel or the new villain Asmodeus to wipe out all the Smurfs and Smurfettes at once, although because Papa Smurf had put up a magical force field to keep the plague from spreading, several Smurfs were spared this fate and would go on to build a whole new Smurf Village elsewhere.