Proof that the remaining 10% is worth finding out you're a dog
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by Stone-Man 85
The Haunted Mask 3
- Recommended by Nexus
- Pairings: Carly Beth/Steve, Sabrina/Chuck, but nothing too explicit.
- Synopsis: Years have passed and Carly Beth has forgotten about those horrible nights. But that Halloween night has returned. The haunted mask has come back one last time for Carly Beth. Evil Never Dies.
- Comments: This fic is only a little under 7,000 words, but I thought it was pretty well-written and that it actually captures the feel of the better parts of the Goosebumps books without being too Darker and Edgier. The ending though.... Squick! Oh, and the story seems to be more based on the TV episodes than the books.
Night of the Living Dummy IV: Haunted Nursery
- Recommended by Littleshiro
- Synopsis: The basic story is basically like Dissidia: Final Fantasy, taking heroes and villains from the first sixteen Goosebumps books (except it takes Slappy and Amy from Night of the Living Dummy II) and pitting them against one another, with the heroes taking the side of Paloma, the goddess of love and desire, while the villains taking the side of Mr. Dawes, the god of fear and hatred.
- Comments: This fic has yet to really be "started", the part being shown is basically a promo. I think the idea is pretty clever and gives a couple funny little jokes here and there. However, this is simply personal opinion, so read it and see what you think. And if you like it, comment on the story.
by Gray Dunche
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Nexus
- Synopsis: Months after the disappearance of her best friend, Heather, Jennifer comes across a ventriloquist dummy that resembles Heather and buys it. However, strange events begin to occur that seem to be warning Jennifer of a forthcoming danger...
- Comments: Very well-written in terms of prose, as well as being good at capturing a feeling of suspense. Has for a long time been a Dead Fic, but the author has recently promised to continue with the fic.