Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Aladdin
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Revelations in the Sand
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Comments: Fox Cort 24 has written in the Aladdin-verse for over 10 years under several other pen names on ff.net, but since it has been a very long time, he decided to begin fresh new name, his Aladdin stories are one of the best I every read.
by Fox Cort 24
Aladdin & the Heirs of Magic
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Synopsis: After "Aladdin and the King of Thieves," Aladdin and Jasmine begin to accept their new life and the daunting challenges they face.
by L.C. Lane
Aladdin and the Cave of Cheeseburgers
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Synopsis: My take on the 3rd Aladdin movie. Desdane returns for revenge and Mozenrath has no choice but to ally with Aladdin and company to battle for all that is. Desdane gathers all of Aladdin's enemies into one army, while Aladdin teams up with allies old and new (Sadira, Genie, etc). Shadows from Al's past add to the tension, while Cassim searches for Aladdin and his brother.
by cvfdc (moderate/heavy swearing)
The Man Who Freed Me
Aladdin: Carpet Speaks
- Recommended by: The Otaku Ninja
- Synopsis: Phenominal cosmic powers, itty bitty living space. A jinni's fate, unless he comes across the rarest of mortals who might set him free...
Dance of Eternity
Whole New World
- Recommended by: ira
- Synopsis: "In the city of Abd al Matin, he was transformed into a weapon. He no longer had control. That was the scariest part." Taking place after the events of Aladdin and the King of Thieves, the story revolves around Mozenrath of the TV series coming back to Agrabah after a horrific encounter with a mysterious group of sorcerers having lost his gauntlet to the heroes a while back.
On Sale Today
- Recommended by: Swinburne
- Synopsis: Genie always returns to Al.
- Comments: And the story means that synopsis, in every possible sense of that phrase. It's both heartwarming and heartbreaking. I cry every time I read it.
- Recommended by: Dellanotte
- Synopsis: In the shifting sands of Agrabah, not all is as it seems, and simple traders can be the trigger for legends of epic proportions...A.K.A How Jafar Met Iago.
- Comments: Short, hilarious, and absolutely not heartwarming.
Sleight of Hand
- Recommended by: Shadow200, Apocrypha
- Synopsis: Mozenrath challenges Jasmine to stop him from enacting a flawless plan. In the process she finds there can be much more at stake than everything.
- Status: Complete
- Comments: A well written excellent story that goes into details about Mozenrath's past as well and who he once was before he became the Ruler of the Black Sands. Gradually turns into a Mozenrath/Jasmine pairing.
- Seconded. Cantare is able to draw out sympathy for Mozenrath while keeping him consistent to his characerization, and manages to develop his relationship with Jasmine in a believable way without falling prey to Ron the Death Eater or Draco in Leather Pants. The story has a gripping plot, beautiful writing, and is highly recommended. I also suggest reading the other short works in the series—Shards, which describes some of the events of Antiphony from Aladdin and co.'s point of view; Sunset, occurring before Aladdin met Jasmine and delving a little into his backstory; and The Scent of Absence, a one-shot from Mozenrath's perspective that occurs right before the epilogue.
- Now has a tropes page.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
All's Fair In Love And Sorcery
- Recommended by: Arcolops
- Pairing: Mozenrath/Sadira
- Synopsis: Performing magic? Piece of cake. Fighting Aladdin? No sweat. Destroying Agrabah? They're born for it. Falling in love with another magical villain? Now THAT is tough.
''The Genie and the Djann
by Fan of Insert Sues
- Recommended by: bookwormgal
- Pairing: Genie/OC, Canon Pairing of Aladdin/Jasmine
- Synopsis:"My young ones, I have a tale for you..." The elder said as he picked up a handful of sand. "This tale is a legend from long ago, a story that has since been forgotten, where the memories of true love were taken from the very sands of time..."
- Comments: I am generally the last person to support any type of Canon/Original Character pairing, but this writer weaves in so much interesting mythology into the the "Aladdin" universe, that I have to recommend it. Any many ways, it feels like it is just a particularly intriguing episode of the television show. It is set post-"King of Thieves," so no Iago flapping around (my second favorite character next to Genie), but I don't mind the loss of the parrot. This story really makes you wonder about Genie's comment near the end of the first movie: "You won't find another girl like her in a million years. Believe me, I know. I've looked."