Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being digitised to the digital world for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Digimon
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
- Recommended by Ananonymuscat
- Gemini Star is one of the better writers out there, and his/her fics are just amazing. Some of them contain Yaoi, or Twincest though, so don't say I didn't warn you.
, Explicit Content, Dark Fic
The Works of Chris McFeely
- Recommended by Stratagemini
- Pairing(s): Many and varied ranging from Kari/T.K. to Davis/Anything That Moves
- Lord Archive has a wide range of stories, but he really shines in treating the psychological and sexual implications of the Digidestined being isolated from society by their experiences and what happens as they reach puberty, as seen in his Diaries Series. His Neo-Digital War series is also extremely dark. All of the stories are well written.
- Seconded by Wildwest666. He, in the first chapter of his Diaries series, wrote that "The one thing I can't stand as an intellectual pervert are lemons with no plot." And he makes sure that his lemons have plot.
- Recommended by Gatomon41
- Chris McFeely is well known for his website the Digimon Encyclopedia, which serve d as THE source for Digimon information before the advent of The Other Wiki. Chris wrote a series of fanfics, some serious (like the AU story Ascension). But his most well known works were parodies involving the Digimon cast (both humans and Digimon), as well as several Fox Kids executives (including a trio on inept Censors and Jeff Nimoy) in bizarre situations. Eventually, the whole gang ends up traveling the multiverse, starting hilarious crossovers with Star Trek, Power Rangers, Transformers Robots in Disguise, Happy Days, and even Pokémon. Sadly, most of the fics were erased due to being scriptfics on Fanfiction.net. Luckily, McFeely reposted the stories to his website.
- Unfortunately his hilarious Digimon the.. uh movie? parody fic was never reposted and is now lost forever. Which is a damn shame because it was easily the funniest and best Digimon fanfic out there
- Luckily McFeely was involved with the Digimon Usenet boards, and posted Digimon the ... uh Movie Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 there.
- Recommended by Zim'sMostLoyalServant
- The author of the "Digimon Omnibus" series, an AU series that blends elements and characters from all over the Digimon franchise. So far only two stories (of a planned six) have been published, and the second one has been suffering from repeated Schedule Slips, but what is there is very much worth a read.
- Recommended by Aragorn
- Hedgi has written 6 stories about Digimon: 2 one shots, a series of one-shots, completed two multi-chaptered stories and a in progress multi-chaptered story. The stories are very interesting, and have well used plot twists.
UltraSonic007, xXxTheBeastxXx, Sliver1, goggleboy4444
- Recommended by The Otaku Ninja
- An original series utilizing its own universe and original characters to tell an engrossing story that could serve as its own season. There's a whole bunch of background information, and the character images are well-drawn, and feel like something out of the TV show.
- I don't agree on the images (they could use work) but I find the series enjoyable.
- Recommended by Keyseeker
- Crazyeight has written a lot of Digimon fanfictions and most of them are pretty good. They come up with some interesting storylines and are great at fulfilling their potential. They wrote the "Fourth Wall" series as well as the "Tamers Requiem" series.
- Recommended by Chi
- Interesting and varied cast of kids, cute original digimon with adorable designs, good characterization with plenty of surprise twists down the line, one of which completely took most readers by complete surprise. Has a fun variety of intriguing villains that bounce off each other in interesting ways, quite rare in OC villains. The Author has a lot of tricks up his sleeve for the fic and is currently around 30~ chapters in length, and no doubt there are more surprises yet to come. Strongly recommended.
- Has its own trope page
- Reccomended by DripOfMars
- An original series with its own cast and setting, Advent has good art, creative designs, and intriguing characters that play off of eachother very well and help propel a story that doesn't give too much away at any one time. All of the characters (and digimon) feel throughly human, and though the update schedule is a bit erratic, every chapter is worth the wait.
- Has a tropes page too.
- Recommended by Majesstic11
- Crystal Manning has a really good story about Diaboromon and the Dark Masters coming back sometime after the events of 02. Willis is a main character and there is a OC as well, the story is told really well and it has great twists.
- Recommended by ADUAN
- Yukira (along with her brother Urazamay) has written a trilogy that takes place after the events of Digimon Adventure 02. The characters all undergo Character Development as well as Took a Level in Badass. Apart from that, the fanfics also show the writer Growing the Beard, as the chapters become more well written.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Dreaming To Reality: 02 Remix
by Yuki Ryu
A Dragon in Shining Armour
- Recommended by Just Smilex 3
- Synopsis. The Chosen thought that with Apocalymon's defeat, peace would return to the Digital World. However, they soon discover there are more secrets to the Digital World, more danger lurking below the surface, and more than eight Chosen Children. (The summary on FFN)
- Pairings: So far none, aside from the occasional Ship Tease on Taiora, Mimato, Daikari, Takari etc.
- Status: Ongoing.
- Comments: One of the most underrated fics in the fandom as of yet. The most captivating thing about this story is the portrayal of the characters such as Daisuke, Miyako and even Ken. They are deeper than their canon counterparts and it feels like they are real. As for the original eight, the characterization is handled just as well. The roles of the older kids are much more important and they are far more necessary than in any other 02 reinterpretation that this troper has had a chance to read and there is no action sequence involved without at least one of the older kids, not counting Takeru and Hikari, involved. In the terms of plot, it is still a bit early to say, but this story suffers mostly from the lack of attention rather than anything else.
What They Didn't show Us
- Recommended by Digimonfan12
- Synopsis. A Dragon In Shining Armor is a story that focuses on the Royal Knights and Examon in particular. It takes place in an original universe with original characters, kind of like the Digimon movie X-Evolution since it doesn't have any human characters in it. FFN Summary: Examon becomes the eleventh digimon to be accepted into the Order of the Royal Knights. However, him being a dragon causes some friction with some of the other knights. Despite this, fitting in won't be the only problem he'll have to deal with. Evil Digimon threaten the stability of the Digital World and the Order. On top of that, the Royal Knights clash over their differences.
- Status: Ongoing.
- Comments: This is an exciting story about the Digimon group, The Royal Knights. It's probably one of the best of the few fics focusing on the digimon group. Its best quality is its characterization and development of all of the different characters and its intriguing world-building. All of the characters feel really realistic and natural and its fun to see the humor and drama between them. It also deconstructs several aspects about the Digimon universe and the twists and turns of the plot have been a hook to read. It also has a TV Tropes page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/ADragonInShiningArmour
by Starcatcher AD
DIGIMON SAVEZ THE WROLD 1111
- Recommended by Wildtail16 (Who is editing for the first time, so don't blame this troper for sloppiness)
- Synopsis. "What They Didn't Show Us" What really happened while the others were in Malo Myotismon's illusion world? The truth is stranger—and funnier—than initially believed. Because annoying the bad guy is in the hero's job description. Contains dialogue, random humor, and general silliness. (quote on quote summary from author).
- Status: Complete
- Comments: Just a small one-shot speculation on what was happening to Davis/Daisuke while the other Digidestined were trapped in Malo Myotismon's illusion. Needs more love, so this troper finally decided to log on and add it.
by Peter Chimaera
Transcendence: Digital Curse
- Recommended by Sammy Dragon 92
- Synopsis. "DIGIMON SAVEZ THE WROLD 1111" is a nonsensical Troll Fic that stars "Digimon" in his quest to "save the wrold from a evil scintist who has created a machine that culd destory it!" It is absolutely hilarious!
- Status: Complete
- Comments: This story also has two completed sequels by the same author, DIGIMON 2: RETURN OF DIGIMON, which involves "Digmon" battling with his evil "twin borther" and DIGIMON 3: PREDATOR VS DIGIMON, a crossover with Predator.
- Recommended by ahasemore
- Synopsis. One year after the defeat of Malo Myotismon, the Digidestined face a new challenge as they struggle to comprehend a new enemy who controls a dangerous form of data.
- Status: Complete; part 1 of a trilogy
- Comments: The first of a trilogy in a story about the discovery of a more volatile form of data, which was apparently secretly sealed away many years before the start of the first Digimon Adventure. Agumon is the main character, but still includes all the main characters from the the first two digimon adventure seasons, with some returning characters from other seasons.
by D Jsapien
- Recommended by Gr3mlinify
- Synopsis."Digimon Tamers the Colony" At the start of the summer before University; Takato, Rika, and Henry return to the Digital World to rescue Jeri from a newly reanimated Leomon and the evil entity, Thanatos. The group finds a colony of trapped Tamers and realize that Jeri may not let them leave.(mostly copied from the FF.net summary).
- Status: Indefinite Hiatus
- Comments: On-going. Characterizations (especially Impmon) are often Deconstructed and given complete attention to their individual angst—in other words, be prepared for Darkerand Edgier, especially since the author admits in the introduction that the work was mostly inspired by Neon Genesis Evangelion and the Matrix Trilogy.The Darkerand Edgier is necessary since Impmon often muses about the "human condition"and what implications they have for Digimon since they were created by humans. According to D Jsapien, eventual attention will later be given into the "Lord of the Flies" type existence in the eponymous colony, hence D Jsapien's reference to the colony of Zion in the Matrix Trilogy.Some canon-shipping is referenced, but more to add to the characterization rather than for straight-up romance.
Digimon Adventure Remix 02
- Recommended by lettergirlmj, Aleise Xian
- Synopsis: In the year 2000, something went wrong and changed history as we know it. 15 years later, Takeru and Daisuke must search for a way to fix things. AU, all season crossover (except Xros Wars because it just came out)
- Comments: This is possibly the best all-seasons crossover I have seen in the Digimon fandom. Nearly all the major characters get their time in the spotlight, although Takeru and Daisuke remain the main focus throughout the story. The characterization is phenomenal, and the amount of research that went into making the fic believable is astounding. However, people unfamiliar with the games may not recognize a few characters important to the story (but as long as they know who Ryo and Milleniummon are, they are fine). The only bad thing about the fic is that it has been on hiatus for a long time (although the author has promised to finish it someday). Nevertheless, this world Ajora has created is so amazing that it is definately worth exploring.
- Recommended by clockwork11
- Synopsis: Takes place 2 years after the events of Digimon Adventure, things start to get weird again, and the original digidestined have nightmares of an evil shadow stealing the power of their crest virtues, destroying their digivices. New enemies have captured the Digimon Sovereigns, they call the original 8 back to save the digital world, as well as the new digidestineds, Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken. Pairings: Tai/Sora, Matt/Mimi, Davis/Kari and TK/Yolei, as well as some other ship teases.
- Comments: An ongoing fic that has recently popped up, but from the looks of things, pretty good from what we can see. The characterizations are practically spot on, the interactions between characters feels very natural, the plot feels like something straight out of a Digimon episode. And most of the dialogue sounds exactly like something you'd see the Saban Dub writers put it, it is a Nostalgic overload, and you'll love ever second of it. It's basically a Fix Fic, of Digimon Adventure 02, the author feels the plot/some story arcs (what with their Plot Holes) and poorly handled characterizations had potential to be something great that was wasted. And yes, of course...Shipping fixes, however she's keeping things natural-being light on the ship teases and keeping everything remaining in the friendship state for now. Heck, the author even is trying to realistically develop MattxMimi-and other pairings to where it's believable. Little bit of romance, but more plot, character exploration, and action so far. She also refuses to bash couples and characters, just because she hates them doesn't mean she isn't going to dedicate to bringing out the fullest potential and character development to ALL characters. Also is planning on having Shout Outs and Mythology Gags to other Digimon series, games, and manga.
by Gemini Star00
Digimon Burst Dimensions
- Recommended by Ananonymuscat
- Synopsis: (Shamelessly copied from Fanfiction.net) Kouji and Kouichi find themselves in a Japanese-American interment camp in World War 2 California. They're certain that the Digimon have something to do with their coming here, but to what end?
- Comments: The story surprisingly believable, and the OCs are done well, right down to Takuya's Identical Grandfather.
, by Valkyrie15
- Recommended by miltrebornhoj
- Pairings: OC,
- Synopsis: "Digimon Burst Dimensions" is an OC story that is heavily based off the anime seasons of Digimon. Here, eight people are transported into the world of Digimon, where they have adventures, and eventually uncover a discovery that could lead to the end of the Digital World.
- Comments: The story can be noticeably basing a lot of the story arcs and storyline elements from the anime, although it does bring slices of originality, one which sets the story in America, due to some ideas the author got from a friend of his. The start is pretty slow, but things start picking up starting from around 3 episodes. It is a fic which starts slowly but gets better the longer it goes. Also, the author is very willing to interact with the readers, and has replies to everything the readers ask him through fanficiton.net's private messages asking some clarifications on the story. Due to the author's inexperience and lack of description of the characters' appearances, he offers to draw the characters instead and upload them some time soon. The battle scenes are very well-handled and character development does take place. It would turn out to be a good story if you manage to have some patience with it.
hosted by Taiki Matsuki
Inner Demons Phase One: Rising Shadow
- Recommended by Cyber XIII, Keyseeker
- Synopsis: What would have happened if Osamu had lived through the car accident that took his life instead of being dead before the series began? What would he be like as a Chosen Child? What would this do to Ken's fragile psyche? This story attempts to answer all of these questions and more, and so far has done a great job of doing so.
- Pairing(s): N/A, slight hints of Foe Yay in later chapters, but no pairings
- Tags: AU, humor, really dark humor on the part of Osamu, Currently In-Progress
- Comments: The author here is a little unusual. Taiki Matsuki isn't actually the guy writing the stories; the Original Author (who wishes to remain anonymous;hereafter referred to as Ori) is, well, the real author Taiki just hosts his stories for him, and leaves often humorous comments at the end of each chapter. Ori does so as well. The story itself features mild-to-serious dark humor from Osamu, mostly about his accident, including an interesting Shout-Out concerning who actually ran him over. Also, the description of what the accident actually did to him is not for the faint of heart. Overall this is a very interesting read.
by Infinity Blade
- Recommended by Comartemis, Stratagemini
- Synopsis: An AU of Tamers that shows what might have happened if Takato's partner had been Impmon.
- Comments: A fair bit darker than the anime but not quite a darkfic either. An excellent fic for those who enjoyed Tamers' somewhat darker (by Digimon standards, at least) atmosphere, but unfortunately it's also a deadfic, and poised right on the edge of a cliffhanger to boot.
- Not anymore. Infinity Blade (now Mugen no Ken) got around to his remake, just like he said he would.
- Recommended by The Gourd Captain, seconded by Aarik
- Synopsis: An AU of Tamers that also has Impmon as Takato's partner, but also has him and the other tamers hired by Hypnos as anti-Digimon fighters. Currently a bit short and in progress, but both the detailed fight scenes and an interesting take on the personalities of the main characters has me riveted to the story.
- Huh, it got on here that quick? Well that makes things easier, I'm seconding the rec, because this fic adds a wonderful take on the card slash system, it's truly a joy to behold. I'm one of the one's trying to help with it, just a few random ideas and some spelling correction's, minor stuff, but I'm also trying to help get the fic off the ground.
by arpulver (Dub-based. AU, but only by the strictest definition.)
Zero 2: A Revision
- Alternate Links: Level 1: Worlds, Level 2: Children, Level 3: Experiments
- Recommended by K, Stratagemini, Legiondude
- Synopsis: What's the connection between the various seasons of Digimon? The answer lies in a government conspiracy and an amazing advancement in computers. Takes place after the 02 epilogue and Tamers.
- Comments: Inspired by Serial Experiments Lain with a borderline Gainax Ending, the author freely describes this as a Mind Screw. Still a very good fic that attempts to explain the Distant Finale we all love to hate, and takes a look at the meaning of existence while they're at it. The focus of the series is on the Adventure/02 and Tamers casts, with the main character being Takato. Frontier's presence is somewhat limited and no one could have predicted Savers when writing began, though, so fans of those seasons might disappointed. Parts of this story are very dark, with character death—but on the bright side, it is completed.
- Seconded, The writer seems to have thought it out and actually gives us history and character development. It pulls off things that no normal writer could, I.E. Kari giving birth to Cody, all while actually causing the readers to think about the characters, the story, and even themselves at somepoint. All in all, worth the time taken out reading it.
by Ultra Sonic 007 (Mainly uses the dub names and terms, with a few exceptions. Essentially turns the original timeline into an AU.)
- Direct link here
- Recommended by Pika Hikari KT, Citizen Grimm and Yami Vizzini, Legiondude, Loekman3
- Synopsis: Digimon Adventure 02. You thought you knew it. But not this one. This is a revision. A restart. A whole new look at the series...and one that will change everything...
- Comments: What can I say? 02 Took a Level in Badass in this completed fic. It starts out like normal, but things slowly start changing with the appearance of a mysterious new Digidestined. It also has a few sidestories set after this, with more to come...if the author gets around to it, that is.
- Does it get better? The first few chapters seem to be filled with author notes in the middle of the text and in general feels like a mediocre fic.
- The author definitely polished his writing style over the course of this fic (and an earlier version since removed for being a Script Fic), and the plot threads that interlock later on make it well worth a fan's time, especially once it really deviates from the original (i.e. near the end of the Digimon Emperor arc). There are a number of new devices and characters that appear later, though they'll be familiar to fans of a certain game series.
- It is admittedly a tough book to chew through the first 26 chapters of the Emperor's reign, but it gets better as you go on, pulling out plenty of surprises, reveals, genuine violence, and a few Death Tropes. Though I question the use of Covenant and Flood Captain Ersatz characters. It fits well enough on the Gambit Pileup speed chess that fills up the final ten or so chapters of the story.
The Story We Never Told
A Grain of Sand: Adventure 03
- Recommended by oldmanchet, Legiondude, =Jedi Master Draco=
- Synopsis: Five years after 8 kids saved the Digital World, the gateway opens again... but it is a far darker story than we have been led to believe.
- Comments: What can I say? Probably the best 02 re-interpretation out there. It's based on the idea that the "02" we know is a censored version of the real story, which this work tells.
- It's a real shame that it's not a completed fic because I want to see more of this(luckily this is compensated for because it's kept recent unlike some Dead Fics. Though also because of the fact that it's FAR from finishing( With the completion of chapter 39 it's covered up to episode 33 out of 50) some of the characterizations remain somewhat unexplained or left up for future chapters to be resolved in. This results in some of the characters being a bit...jarring, bitchy, or so damn stubborn it's hurtful compared to their original 02 interpretations, but the majority of it can be explained via a simple cause-effect chart. Adds some interesting twists to the story as well such as a very racist Gargomon who tries to invoke a certain dictator and drive out the Digidestined, or makes a greater emphasis on the potential threat of death occurring(Though Nobody important has died... yet?)
- I cannot recommend this fic due to reasons hinted at above. While the writing is several times better than most of the other entries on this page, the characterizations leave a lot to be desired. Plus the story's not dark so much as it is incredibly means spirited. Everyone's taken a level in jerkass to the point where you really stop caring about their problems. Mimi and Yamato got hit the hardest with this. Not to mention the way the original eight seem to go out of their way to make life miserable for the other three, particularly in one chapter when they go behind their backs on a trip to the digital world. The recent chapters starring Yamato in particular more or less ruined the story for me.
- A fanfic that is perfect for anyone who disliked permanently optimistic original version of 02. It has everything that we asked for but just didn't get, from an actual plot after the Emperor's fall, to a real purpose for Blackwargreymon, to the actual utilization of Dagomon, and so much more. Some characters do 180s from their "canon" personalities but it makes for a very entertaining story full of twists and turns. It is also the 6th longest Digimon Story on Fanfiction . Net. And their are wonderful treats for those who know what the true pairing in Digimon are. Oh and did I mention that there is less Deus Es Machina. And now it has a tropes page.
by Apocalypsering (It uses the dub names and terms)
- Recommended by Apocalypsering. Hopefully someone else will shortly.
- Synopsis: Set shortly after the events of 02, the arrival of a new Digidestined sets off a chain of events that nearly end in catastrophe. As the crest of Light finally collides with its polar opposite, the Chosen Children must use any help they can get to fend off the encroaching darkness.
- Comments: The narrator changes every chapter. Each main character including the digimon and the fan-made characters is used at least once. Sometimes it is difficult to identify the narrator at first. The story tries to hold to the spirit of the original Adventure while deviating occasionally into more abstract ideas about fate.
by Famira Damaris
- Recommended by Catch The Sun
- Synopsis: Barely days before the Juggernaught's activation, it is hacked into and taken over by a rogue Digimon. At the same time, Takato is kidnapped by another Digimon, this time of the Shape Shifter variety. And after that...
- Comments: My summary really can't do this one justice. It manages to take the Chapter One situation above and escalates it into a full-blown war between the Real world and the Digital world. An epic plot. Beautifully done characterisation. Seamlessly melding elements from both Digimon Adventure and the Wonderswan games (particularly in regards as to the true nature behind Canon Immigrant Ryo Akiyama). Very high recommendations. Also, note that this fic uses the Japanese names for the characters. Also, suffers from a rather bad Schedule Slip. But is probably not a Dead Fic. Not yet, at least.
See The Sky Again
- Recommended by Catch The Sun
- Synopsis: One day, the Digidestined receive an e-mail from Gennai calling for them to come to the Digital World. There, they learn that Gennai has taken deathly ill from the titular Dream Fever, a disease native to his home dimmension.
- Comments: This fic takes place just after the end of Digimon Adventure 02 (or somewhere in the middle, it's never made clear). I can't really say much. Just enjoy. And be sure to check out her other works. SilvorMoon is easily amongst some of the more prolific and better writers of Digimon fanfiction. Further recommendations to My Father, Carry Me and KeySeeker, amongst others. Be aware, though, that she uses the Japanese names for the characters.
- Recommended by Gatomon41
- Synopsis: Set after Digimon Adventure 02, the Digidestined must face strange occurrences affecting the Digital World.
- Comments: Surprisingly well written, See the Sky Again is just fun to read and alot of work went into it. The Aurthur actually takes time to introduce the protagonists (instead of just assuming that the fans already know who they are). Yes, it does have elements of Takari (such as the first chapter), but the main focus is on the strange incidents affecting the Digital World. I do have to warn you, there is an OC who plays a vital role in the story, as well as serves as Davis' love interest. However, the character isn't as May Sueish as one would think. Plus,the character is an Expy of Aryn Sun from Farscape, which is pure awesome.
- Comments: A not-very-long digimon dark fic combining the genres of adventure, romance and tragedy. Starts off with casual romance before gradually becoming darker and edgier with a well-thought-out story line. Vee Gato pairing but contain no character bashing. The fic does not take away the teamwork spirit from the original anime and no Mary Sue characters who always win by themselves. Highly recommended for those who enjoy epic fantasy, adventure stories.
- Also: The fic, being a dark fic, does not shy away from explicit violence or Nightmare Fuel worthy descriptions.
by Akino Ame
Tamers Requiem: Book 0, Book 1, Book 2. Book 3, Book 4, and Book5
- Recommended by Lady Iapetus
- Plot: Remember those four kids from episodes 40 and 41 of Digimon Frontier, the ones hanging around with Angemon? What if they had the Spirits of the other Four Legendary Warriors? And what if the five kids picked by Lady Ophanimon weren't out to save the Digital World, but destroy it?
- Comments: What more can I say but what an outstanding fic? Akino takes a simple fanon theory (that the four children featured in two episodes of season 4 were the holders of the Spirits of Water, Wood, Steel and Earth) and not only does she flesh it out but turns it into an exciting AU adventure. Owing to Real Life updates on the fic are slow, but rest assured Akino hasn't abandoned it.
all by Crazyeight.
- Recommended by The King Of Dastards, Lifeof Pi
- Plot: In book one, Hazard's Sorrow, the plot is kicked off when a Lucemon bio-emerges into the real world and deletes Guilmon as retribution for the damage he had caused to the digital world as Megidramon. In desperation, Takato rescans his drawing... What follows is an epic story where numerous factions, such as X-Digimon, Lucemon, a mysterious being named Oni, the Royal Knights and, worst of all, Milleniummon all fight among each other for their own goals, with the Tamers caught in the middle.
- Comments: The Tamers' Requiem Series reflected the canon anime characters nigh-perfectly and develops them constantly throughout the series, although it can tend to drag a bit. The science used by Hypnos seems to fit perfectly with the technology used on the show. All the various Digital Worlds are also knit together nearly perfectly, by using the Quadrants' mentioned in the Sovereigns flavor text as standing for the different digital worlds.
- Lifeof Pi: Crazyeight has just finished the fourth book as of 10/30/10. Book Four on details a new conflict for the Tamers three years after the events of the first three books. A mysterious entity known as Prometheus appears as the forces of the Dark Ocean begin to rise. Prometheus unleashes a series of gambits, claiming that he wishes to save the two worlds from the forces of Darkness. However, his methods are very questionable at best as the Tamers unknowingly get caught in the crossfire. Marcus from Savers/Data Squad gets dragged in, somehow. Just a note, Book Four has a more adult sense of humor as the Tamers are now teenagers. Overall, the series is one of the best I have ever read, and the rate the Crazyeight gets his work out is amazing, especially considering the high quality of his work. Everyone is so in-character that its not funny, and Crazyeight portrays many extremely minor characters in Canon in a totally different light and makes many of them full-fledged main characters in their own rite. Book Three is extremely long (Twice as long as the other three combine, and it does drag a bit as a result), but Crazyeight has recognized this problem and has acted accordingly by making the future books considerably shorter.
by The King Of Dastards
- Recommended by M.W.Midnight
- Synopsis: In the 22nd Century, the Digimon and Human Worlds have collided and united, with the super-city of Arcadia, ruled by Rehnquist Enterprises and other companies, acting as the powerful nexus in the center of their interaction. After four young teenagers go to get their digimon partners, an anti-digimon terrorist attack results in violent, demonic digimon attacking the human world, unleashing a host of government experiments into the world. With some of these monsters as their partners, and a new type of digivice called the D-Soul, a new generation of Chosen Children must shed light on the shadows behind the government's dark dealings, not to mention those behind the truth of the last generation of Chosen...
- Comments: Not based on any canon season but rather an original entry into the series itself, Digimon Arcadia is a gripping story of the darker consequences of a victory for the Chosen Children. This fanfic's still rather new, but it's updated regularly and is excellently written.
by Alforce Zero
What Comes Next
- Recommended by Bob Greenlake
- Synopsis: A team of children from Malaysia are drawn into a conflict with an ancient enemt. Basically it's like the plot of season 1, but with a lot of deviation once you get past the first 10 chapters or so.
- Comments: Probably one of the best Digimon ElsewhereFics this troper has read. It's pretty gripping and a lot of scenes from it can be pretty awesome. Plus it can really enlighten people about the culture and customs of Malaysia for those not from it, since the creator is Malaysian and this is considered his best work.
- It also breaks Infant Immortality by having an evil Digimon kill one of the main characters in cold blood. They don't get better.
- Recommended by nighttrainfm
- Synopsis: Tamers, post-series. Life doesn't flip back to normal as seamlessly as it did in the last episode, and the kids have to deal with the aftermath of saving the world naked on national television.
- Comments: It's funny, believable, and gets pretty meta by the end: the main three meet their own voice actors and Jenyra discovers the horrors of bad fan-fiction.
The Meeting Of The Goggle Boys
- Recommended by mydoctor93
- Synopsis: "Five humans are unwillingly sent into the Digital World, aided only by the power of being able to transform into Digimon. Can they defeat the ghastly evil that rules there?", the official summary goes.
- Comments: A Darker and Edgier version of Digimon, remniscient of Digimon Frontier. The summary, strictly speaking, applies from the twenty-third chapter; the previous twenty-two describes how the humans got the powers in the first place. The story completely captivated this troper who always preferred Pokemon over Digimon. Deals with original Digimon. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in months.
by "Ori" Uploaded by Taiki_Matsuki with permission
- Recommended by siotle
- Synopsis: The goggle boys from the first four seasons meet to discuss the possibility that one of the seasons will get a sequel.
- Comments: Quite funny. Includes points from the first four seasons, but sadly skips over Savers (Data Squad) and Xros Wars, because the author hadn't watched much of Savers and the fact that Xros Wars has only a little more than 10 episodes out.
The Alternative Factor
- Recommended by lettergirlmj
- Synopsis: After an accident in the Digital World that takes Tai's memories away, the other Digidestined return there to put an end to the digimon that attacked and forced them to face their inner demons. A story of friendship and forgiveness. Tai-Matt-Sora centric.
- Comments: This is probably one of the best fanfics dealing with amnesia that I have ever read. Characterization is A++ and the subject matter is dealt with maturely and (more-or-less) accurately. There is a bit of angst, but it never feels excessive, and it is always justified. Enjoy~
- Recommended by The Violent Tomboy
- Synopsis: AU Season 01. In a world that has co-existed with Digimon for the past twenty years, humans and their partners battle against the Virus type Nightmare Soldiers set on casting the world into darkness. Eight kids will help reshape the future.
- Comments: This fic hasn't gone so far enough to establish plot, but it has established enough of a background to make you very curious for more. The AU world is very interesting, and the new take of what happened in the Highten View Terrace incidence gets you really wondering. This summary probably isn't giving the fic much justice, but give it a read!
Don't fall asleep
- Recommended by Devkyu, Aarik, Zulaq, Keyseeker, Void Herald
- Synopsis: Takato thought it was all a game. Lucemon played upon that belief. And the Digital World trembled, as that smiling boy walked. Things would never be the same again.
- Comments: Set in Tamers where Takato essentially believes he's won the chance to beta test a new game (aka, Digimon Adventure 02) and Lucemon is his ever-increasingly sadistic guide NPC. Gloriously plays with all the sadistic things people do as gamers. Words cannot express just how damn good this is.
- Lucemon crosses the Moral Event Horizon in the very first 'tutorial' mission he gives Takato after he gets Guilmon involves killing every single Pyocomon in the Pyocomon Village, then killing Meramon when he comes down to stop him from killing the defenseless Pyocomon. The only thing that actually prevents Takato from crossing the Moral Event Horizon is the fact he doesn't know that it's Not a Game. The interactions between Takato and the 02 cast is actually extremely interesting, mostly because Takato is in fact plotting to kill them, but they don't know that. This fic is a total Mind Screw for the reader, for example, the line from the fic: 'There's a reason you don't read suspense novels with the premise of small insects versus dinosaurs, after all.' in reference to Guilmon fighting Wormmon resulted in me breaking out laughing, until I realized that Wormmon is all that's stopping Guilmon from killing Ken.
- Void Herald: Seconded it. Basically a deconstruction of the cruelty people do inside RPG games, when they think others are just data... seriously, this fic is pure gold.
by The Fallen Starmaster
- Recommended by: soundlessMion
- Synopsis: From Fan Fiction.net - Tai falls asleep, but things are not the same when he wakes up.
- Comments: This is a story about many different A Us, which Tai surfs through somehow everytime he falls asleep. The mystery unfolds as to why he's going through the different universes, and what the mysterious force behind it all is. It has a great plot and is quite well written (minimal spelling/grammar mistakes, consistent format), however, it does end with a Gainax Ending that is a YMMV Mind Screw. Better finished than becoming a Dead Fic, though, I suppose.
by Sonfaro (recommended by Starshone)
Following The Footsteps Of Destiny
- Synopsis: From FFN: August 1st, Memorial Day. It was supposed to be a normal day, but by chance and destiny, everything started that day. It's a day that they will never forget. Happy Anniversary.
- Comments: A story that goes over just one day a year since the 02 ending (originally planned to head towards the epilogue but has wandered off canon), examining the effects of the world finding out about Digimon; with just one day a year detailed, this is a story that brings up more questions than it answers in the best way. Loosely incorporates elements from other canons in the franchise along with some of the mythos from the card game. Some beautifully gutwrenching moments. Dub names and some ignorance of the Japanese school system, though.
by Broken Angel01 
The Digimon Apocalypse Trilogy: Apocalypse, Gog, Magog
- Recommended by: Keyseeker
- Synopsis: It's been 25 years since the end of 02 and the Digidestined have all grown up and had kids. The gate to the Digital World closed 15 years ago and the Digidestined have gone on with their lives while keeping the Digital World a secret from their kids. Until, that is, the kids recieve Digivices of their own...
- Pairings Takari, Mimato, Taiora, and Kenyako but they're all background pairings. The focus is on the kids.
- Comments This is a long fanfic, so you need to be ready for the long haul. Most of it focuses on the relationships between characters. The adventure is well done, but it takes a long time to get through even a single day in the fic. However, if you really want lots of character interaction and development, then you really need to try this fic.
by Fruitloop Trooper
Digimon Revolutions series Saga 1, Intermission, Saga 2 by Yggdrasil_Rk
- Recommended by: Legiondude
- Synopsis(Shamelessly copied from FT's profile page): The Second Black Death has become a pandemic within the Digital World. After infecting a Chosen or digimon partner, it eats away at their bodies, they lose arms, legs, eyes, lungs. In order to combat this, the Chosen developed an antibody, the X-Antibody, which only modified a certain percentage of the population. Hundreds of Chosen haved died, and the Digital World is on the brink of destruction. A new religion led by the mysterious priestess Miayag has converted hundreds of Chosen to her cause, to worship the Supreme God of the Digital World, and destroy all who oppose her. Now the remaining Chosen have to face their evil sides and save the Digital World once more, but can they do this when they are not even sure if they are fighting on the right side?
- Comments: Hoo boy...Now since you've read the synopsis of the first book, you can tell things were bad from the get go... Now we're not talking the type of Grim Dark that was painted black that you'd find in you'd find elsewhere, but there's Grim Dark aplenty here. Like the rest of FT's works, it's a pretty decent read in itself that really draws you in and keeps the questions up in the air until the last minute. Which the sequels only compound the suspense as various plots to destroy the Digital World creep out of the shadows. Be warned though, Death Tropes are imminent if you didn't pick that up already from the Synopsis, as there are plenty of the main characters from the anime who ARE dead and several who are dying. Don't pan it because Koushiro, Takareu, Daisuke, Miyako, Ken, and Iori are dead. It's still a very good read.
- Recommended by Demongodofchaos2
- Synopsis: Basically, it is a Redux of the The First series to start, but adds elements from a lot of Digimon Scources through Digimon Savers, though since it started in 2008, it is not known if any Digimon Xros Wars elements will appear. There' salso a few Original Ideas and characters as well, but they are handled beautifully.
, by MechaUltimaZero
The Survival of Hope
- Recommended by Eva Unit 01
- Synopsis: AU Mon-centered fic, using the author's own incarnation of the Royal Knights, taking place entirely in the Digital World and without human intervention. The story is told from Magnamon's perspective, and while he's a Knight in Shining Armor on the surface, he's really not. Dark Fic, lots of angst, and something of a Deconstruction of the Knight in Shining Armor.
- Comments: The biggest - and, according to some of the reviews - problem is that MechaUltimaZero is (at least among his own fans) notorious for Schedule Slip, although his high-quality work makes up for it when he DOES update.
, by Mewgia Mirrorcoat
- Recommended by Dave The Analyzer, Tropers/Ellowen
- Synopsis: The Dark Ocean kept invading TK's dreams. He wanted to know why. When it actually came for him... "Even guardians need saving sometimes, TK."
- Comments: In a beautiful reversal, it's Takeru whose kidnapped by the Dark Ocean, and Hikari has to save him. Very well written, everyone is in character, and the Takari is subtle. The only flaws I would complain about was that many scenes in the later chapters go on for too long, but that doesn't detract from the story. There's an Bad Ending to this story the author has written, When Hope Fades.
- One of the most emotional fics I've read. It was LITERALLY gut-wrenching at times. There were stakes, and it felt so real—very, very well done, extremely powerful and a must read for those who enjoyed the Dark Ocean storyline, Takari fans, and those who enjoy the use of hope/despair light/dark themes.
A Captive Light
- Recommended by Dave The Analyzer, Hedgi
- Synopsis: Ken decides it's time he apologized for some of what he did, and he decides to start with Taichi and Agumon.
- Comments: This might as well have been a deleted scene from the second series. Believable and sweet character interaction between characters I can't recall ever exchanging words after the Kaizer arc and connects the similar mistakes the two boys made.
- Recommended by Ellowenna.
- Synopsis: Set just after episode 8, Ken plots his revenge. He realizes that the DigiDestined's greatest strength is also a weakness- they are loyal to a fault and would do anything for a friend. He plots to kidnap one of them to use as a hostage. However, his minions fail and only manage to capture Gatomon. Emotions run high as the kids try to rescue their friend, while Kari is convinced that history is repeating and something terrible is coming. She's right.
- Comments: A very fun story to read- some grammatical issues but very few. For the most part everyone is in character, and the breaks in character- emotional outbursts mostly- are well explained. Ken especially is great, and the relationships the characters have with each other is just perfect. Also, a lot of fun things from the show appear, like T.K's Promise to Sora and Tai he'd look after Kari, and the fake crest of Light that Gatomon had while searching for Kari. It's a very emotional story, with lots of Funny bits, Heartwarming bits and Tearjerkers. A Sequel, A Fading Hope is in progress. There is a hint of Takari, but it's really just friendship stuff.
Power Is A Black Dog
- Recommended by Keyseeker
- Synopsis: Odaiba gets a new transfer student! Ken is spending a term at their school...and he's far from happy about it. As the genius tries to stay isolated, can Davis turn the Emperor from his dark path...even if he doesn't know exactly who Ken is?
- Comments: Surprisingly, this story is NOT romance. Ruby Chan shows Ken's kinder side gradually and believably.
by Son Rhandi
The Destiny of Tenacity
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Summary: Not exactly your average Mumm Arch fic with an alternate ending. Mummymon is haunted by predictiions of his and Arukenimon's death brought to him by a 'black dog.' Can he figure out what to do before the prediction comes true
- Comments: One of the best, if not THE best, Mukeni fics in existence. As an alternate 02 finale, it really serves its purpose, and is an excellent example of Took A Level In Bad Ass.
by Crystal Manning
- Recommended by Majesstic11
- Taken off of FFN: Willis thought he left the darkness behind when he and his best friend transferred to Japan to go to school with the other Digi Destined. But his past followed him into the future in the form of a Digimon corrupted by a virus and the fear in his heart. Will he be able to clean up the mess with his friends? Or is this the end of the Digital World and Earth?
- Comments: One of the best fics about Willis, probably the only one that has him as a main character. The explanation for Diaboromon and the Dark Masters coming back is great.
by by SilvorMoon
- Recommended by fruitstripegum, Celestial Navigator9
- Summary: Could Gatomon fight her best friend? And who is the mysterious helper who saves her?
- Comments: To everyone who had their hearts broken by Wizardmon's Gift, I recommend this wonderfully written Fix Fic. Words cannot describe how great it really is, so my best advice is to read it for yourselves.
by Phillip Clark
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Summary: All the human villians in Digimon were able to be redeemed in the end except for Akihiro Kurata. Let's do something about that, shall we?
The Great Mon Wizar
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Summary: Vamdemon, the Dark Aristocrat, does not like company. Which is why he finds it odd that Devimon has come to see him. Why is the Dark Messenger here?
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Summary: Wizardmon, during his search for the 8th child, finds a nice distraction... in the form of a circus.
- Comments: Just a sweet little fluff piece starring Wizardmon before the events of "The Eighth Child Revealed". If you're looking for a fic that'll give you a WAFF, this is perfect.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Dimensions Book One: Links
(being rewritten here
), by Blazing Chaos
Digimon Dark Journey
- Recommended by Krow Blood and Voidwalker
- Pairing(s): Ruki/Takato
- Synopsis: Takato and co head back to the Digital World to rescue their Digimon. At the same time, romance brews in the group. When a creature follows them home and threatens to tear a hole in their group, can odd occurrences regarding a member of their team protect them?
- Comments: Link to the first of over 13 books, of which only 5 have been finished and the sixth is in the works. This is just the single and most amazing fanfic I've ever read, THIS is what I consider to be the actual future of the Digimon Tamers and Digimon Adventure Universes, the epic and massiveness of it is just mind boggling, at the time of this edit, the sixth book is over 300,000 words and is not even near its finale (I err... think).
- YMMV. I found the first 3 books entertaining, but from there, it ended up being held out too long, it was beginning to have traces of a Mary Sue Fic, and was beginning to deviate from the idea of Digimon in general.
- Now well into Book 7.
, by Corim/Leo Half Bauncho
- Recommended by Corben C
- Pairings: Rika/Takato, Patamon/Gatomon, Kairi/Davis, Ken/Yolie, Henry/OC,
- Synopsis: Introducing Digimon Dark Journey, Finally, the Mystery of the Dark Area, revealed. And just who were the five original digi-Destined? Ever wanted to see all the digiworlds combine? Witness it, finally. Digimon Adventure 02, with guest appearances by the cast of Adventure. All includes main characters from Tamers, Frontier, and Savers! And several original characters, human and digimon, combined into one grand Journey through the dark area!
- Comments: Irregular updates, but a story that does a good job of sticking to canon, even in the application of original characters. the fic goes way beyond the pairings involved, and does an excellent job of covering character interactions and not changing character personalities. Uses English Dub of seasons 1-4, but Japanese original of season 5.
Challenge of Fatherhood
- Recommended by Malchus
- Synopsis: The impossible has happened: Ruki has lost a fistfight. What she decides to do about it will change her life.
- Pairing: Jenrya/Ruki (Henry/Rika)
- Comments: No, despite the title, it's not Slap-Slap-Kiss. A well-written fic with very good, faithful-to-canon characterizations of the title characters.
It Might Be You
- Recommended by Krer
- Synopsis: Gatomon dies after giving birth to the child of Patamon and her. Patamon is forced to raise the baby on his own until Gatomon reborns. However, life isn't easy even after Gatomon comes back.
- Pairings: Patamon/Tailmon (Patamon/Gatomon)
- Comments: The longest Pata Gato fic there is (a whopping 150 chapters). Some great original characters(especially the daughter of Patamon and Gatomon), tons of creative plot lines, and some great plot twists you would've never even thought of.
Tamers Forever Series
- Recommended by juniebug
- Synopsis: Takuya and Izumi are opposites with nothing in common. After a fateful incident, they still have nothing in common. But an attraction- that's new...
- Pairings: Takumi (Takuya/Izumi) (Takuya/Zoe)
- Comments: Funny, smart, and full of irony, this story is one every Takuya/Izumi fan should read; it's one of the best Takuya/Izumi fics if not the best. Some of the characters are OOC and Takuya gets a new family, but it goes with the story.
, by Daneel Rush.
- Recommended by: Lunacorva
- Synopsis: Tamers Forever, is a five book epic that begins as an informal romantic centreing around protagonist Takato Matsuki developing a crush on female tamer Rika Nonaka and the hilarious lengths he is prepared to go to for her sake.
From the second book onwards however, Tamers forever begins to grow darker and more epic in scope:
During his travels to find the Tamers' old Digimon, Takato receives a powerful Digivice known as the Omnivice, along with the Omnivice's sarcastic AI (which he names Ruki). The mysterious "Triad" who gifted Takato with the Omnivice inform him of a prophecy that predicts the destruction of all things within the near future. As one of the Six "Enlightened Ones", Takato is destined to play an instrumental role in the coming war. But this knowledge does not remain a secret. Soon, powerful Digimon begin crossing over into Shinjuku, seeking the power of the "Omni-Tamer" for themselves. Takato's skill as a Tamer is pushed to the limit as he struggles to fight off what promises to be only the beginning of a bloody and dangerous conflict.
But Takato is special for an entirely different reason; he possesses within him a terrible destructive power, a power that manifests during times of great fury and grief. A power that could be the key to the world's salvation...
... or the instrument of its destruction.
- Comments: Don't let the awkwardly cheesy first chapter throw you off, this is a highly engaging and incredibly well written series. Shipping Bed Death and Romantic Plot Tumour are mercifully Averted and the characters and relationships feel believable and natural, developing in an organic fashion rather than relying on formula like so many other romance stories and the insanely hilarious comedy moments ensure that the reader is never bored.
The plot is fast paced and engaging with frequent twists and hooks that grip the readers interest. The author has a talent for creating immersive and evocative scenes and please oh please
dont get me started on the fight scenes.
A Reason to Leave
- Note: Due to a weird formatting error, the fic has recently been showing up entirely in bold italics. Fanmade E-books of the series made before this error can be found here with some minor edits (The japanese evolution terms replaced with the english Digivolution terms and all song lyrics removed):book one, book two, book three, book four, book five. Since these were not uploaded by the creator, any comments or critiscism should still be sent to the above Fanfiction.net link.
- Recommended by ladyofthelibrary
- Synopsis: T.K.'s mother is oblivious to the fact that her new boyfriend, Stan, is abusing her son. After bringing Kari over to his house once, T.K. discovers Stan wants Kari in a bad way. T.K. has to protect her, but how can you protect someone when you can't even protect yourself?
- Comments: Okay; I'll start off by saying that this story does dip a little much into Adults Are Useless territory and the editing could be better. However these 2 flaws are made up for by the fact that this is just a good story. Everyone is almost completely in character and even when they're not, the characterization feels right in the story of the fic. Despite the fact that this is in the Shipping folder, the Takari pairing isn't hamfisted and actually adds to the story. Worth a read.
- Trigger warnings: Physical and verbal abuse of both T.K. and Kari, homosexual rape, Stan lusting for Kari
By KH Lost Empress
- Recommended by Serenityrose
- Pairing(s):TK/Kari (Takeru/Hikari)
- Synopsis: A few years after the ending of Adventure 02, Takeru(who has been living in France with his mother) returns to Japan- and his friends. At first things seem to be going well, but a strange prophecy spells doom, Darkness is lurking, and disaster is about to strike.
- Comments: There is some romance, but it isn't the "omg, I luv you" kind at all, it's much more realistic and simplistic, and it's so far from the typical Takari that I placed it in this folder. By far, one of the best fanfictions that I've read, long chapters, a good handle on how the characters all interact- everyone is in Character perfectly! It's a great story, with humor as well as bleaker, sadder bits, and it all ties together wonderfully. It's beautifully written.
Bitter Like Regret
- Recommended by Odafangirl
- Fandoms: xxxholic, Digimon
- Synopsis: "Ken says his memories of being the Kaiser are fuzzy. This is a possible reason why. One-shot crossover with xxxHolic."
- Comments: A wonderful explanation of Ken's personality post-breakdown, with every characters written flawlessly. It is predictable, no question, and you can pretty much tell what happens by reading the summary. Still, it is wonderfully told, and makes for a fantastic little one-shot.
by Gemini Star00 (Warnings:implied KouKou
- Recommended by Ananonymus cat
- Fandoms: Loveless, Digimon
- Synopsis: The new kids, the twins, are different. Takuya knows this, he's seen them, watched them. But he never expected how different they really are...nor how much of an effect they are going to have on his life.
- Comments: A very well done fusion fic, that incorporates, not only characters from Frontier, but also other seasons.
Digimon Fusion Kai
- Recommended by Ford1114
- Fandoms: YuYu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, Sailor Moon
- Synopsis: A Mega Crossover that tells new adventures under the perspective of Japan's heroes.
- Comments: The author of this franchise has made the stories so well-written that makes the crossover blend in well to one universe. These will make readers interested to see many instances of action, character interaction, and drama. It has also crossover Digimon Fusion Kai, Digimon Accel Stream, and even Digimon Xros Wars in some parts. Like most fics, there are OCs with enjoyable personalities that flesh out the diversity.
by Kanius (uses dub terms, but utilizes some terms from the original JP version. This is an AU universe that follows the Dragonball storyline, but does preserve the Digimon spirit)
Harry Potter and the Digimon Frontier
- Recommended by SoulEaterHaruhis0s
- Fandoms: Digimon, Dragon Ball Z
- Synopsis: A (third) revision of an old fanfic series written faaaar back in the early 2000s. It starts with Digimon Adventure, but after Myotismon's defeat, follows the DBZ storyline (but WITHOUT any DB character; not even cameos). Instead, it utilizes the plot and incorporates story elements from the series. This is a refreshed version with cleaned-up and revised writing. The first season (adapting the Saiyan and Freeza arcs) is complete with 54 chapters. The 02 Time Skip (adapting the Artificial Human and Cell arcs) is finish up till chapter 98. Season 2.5 has started which adapt a 'pseudo' tamers arc up to 115. Season 3 is ongoing as a separate story, which adapts the Majin Buu arc. There will be a sequel called Cross Generations, which will adapt Dragonball GT with characters from Data Squad and Xros Wars.
- Comments: This story depends on your taste. The title has adopted the 'Kai' moniker, while not original, it's effective. All but a few are in-character (Matt is Vegeta, but not a sadist; Tai is Goku, but less dimwitted). There are OCs, but they help flesh out this specific universe. The story does contain its own unique twists and the battle scenes are superbly written. The first two seasons are finished.
by Gemini Star00 (has a sequel, Yin
REALITY FLUX: BOLO AND DIGIMON
- Recommended by Ananonymuscat
- Fandoms: Harry Potter, Digimon Frontier,
- Synopsis: For five years, the kids of Frontier have been training as Japanese wizards. Now they've got the chance to study abroad, in England of all places. But there are some odd things happening. Digimon...at Hogwarts?
- Comments: Don't let the title fool you, inspired by The Best Defense, this is one of the most thought out crossovers you are likely to find, everyone is in character, and the plot makes perfect sense.
by Shadow's Forge
The DigiCross Series
- Recommended by Gatomon41
- Synopsis: Digimon meets Bolo. That's right, Keith Laumer's Supertanks face off against a horde of evil Digimon. Awesomeness ensues.
- Comments: This has to be the most unexpected crossover. And it works great. Its well written, filled with action, and neat character development. The only gripe is that the Digimon mention don't really get much description, but its a minor issue. The story is connected with the author's post-Tamer's fanfics, but one doesn't need to read his works to enjoy this tale. Anyone can read it right off the bat.
by Patrick O'Shea
- Recommended by Retro7
- Fandoms: Digimon, Pokémon
- Synopsis: A series of fics that believably clash the worlds of the Digimon and Pokemon worlds together. The "OVA" and the "TV Series" are generally an alternate take on season 2 of Digimon when a stranger from the Pokemon world gets tossed into the Digimon world and set a whole chain of events that alter the course of both worlds. There are also stories based on Digimon Tamers and Digimon Frontier as well as a few originals.
- Comments: The OVA does start off a little amateur-ish but it picks up steam and pretty soon you'd wish there was a actual series of this. Its very well written and makes good use of all the characters, original and mainstream. Even some that had little importance in the TV series. Highly recommend it.
by Silvor Moon
- Recommended by Trouble The Cat
- Fandoms: Digimon Tamers, Slayers
- Synopsis: Basically, roughly, the plot of Slayers starring the cast of Tamers with Ruki as Lina Inverse. Ruki Makino, the world's most powerful Cardmage, attacks the Devas' camp by herself, kicks their asses and steals their loot, which just so happens to include an annoyingly cute digimon named Culumon, who the Devas really really want to get back, and a box full of mysterious devices. Fortunately not too long afterward, Ruki also meets up with a somewhat dorky, but well meaning traveling mercenary named Takato. It's not too long after that when the two of them discover that those devices are more trouble than Ruki thought, as the two of them soon find themselves acquiring their very own partner digimon before embarking on a quest to stop a mage named Yamaki from reopening the gate sealing away an ancient evil called the D-Reaper, all the while trying to find the humans and digimon to whom the other seven devices belong so they might have a chance of preventing the world from being destroyed. Unfortunately a Dead Fic.
- Pairing(s): Contains several of the usual pairings like Takato/Ruki in the background, but also a warning for Leomon/Juri, which is potentially squicky if thought about too much, but is kept pretty G-Rated.
- Comments: My Summary might not really do this one justice. I don't really know how much this is actually like Slayers because I've never actually watched that series, but you don't need to have seen Slayers to enjoy it. Ruki, Takato and the others are a bit older and more mature than in the show, but are still pretty IC and the story is pretty heavily altered due to incorporating Digimon and the D-Arcs into the storyline and the fact that Ruki isn't really anything like Lina, nor is Takato all that much like Goury. Still it is pretty obviously meant to be a retelling of Slayers with the Tamers cast. It's just that it can be enjoyed as a Fantasy AU of Tamers for those not familiar with the later series.
- Recommended by PKMN 37
- Fandoms: Digimon, Pokémon
- Synopsis: Wanting to put a stop to abuse done to pokemon by abusive trainers, a secret meeting is held by the Elite Four with Datamon. A deal is made to help them in exchange for letting him and his cohorts take over the Pokemon world. They cross over and the Digimon put their world into martial law. Pokemon Training is outlawed and battles are forbidden. Only the officials are allowed to train them. The story then follows a guy who signs up and works under a fun, eccentric man in the military. He gets assigned a Shellder and they work together to solve the strange mysteries around their workplace, which results with them getting into some big trouble.
- Comments: While the story is a bit slow at certain points, the drama, comedy, and description of the scenery is well done. The story is told completely in first person after the hostel takeover part. The digimon, themselves don't get to do much in the story, thus far, but they serve their purpose. The action is great, the characters are interesting, and I found myself wondering what they would do next.