Describe Eva Unit 01
My name is none of your concern (Or Is It?
), but on TV Tropes
I go by Eva Unit 01
. Why? Because I'm a massive Neon Genesis Evangelion fanboy
In Real Life
(or IRL) I am an American
student of numerous descents who is a massive otaku
. And by that I mean it in the sense that I am an anime enthusiast or nerd. My life does not entirely revolve around such.... only about 70% does
. I'm Not Good with People
, but I don't actively try to make an ass of myself either. Usually.
I enjoy supernatural/high fantasy, the occasional urban fantasy works, science fiction, and Mecha anime. I also like the odd Mind Screw
and a few cartoons
I am also an author on fanfiction.net, being the (as stated by fans) Crazy Awesome Gundam Kaiser
Tropes that describe this contributor
- Actual Pacifist: Despite my Hair-Trigger Temper, no matter how pissed off I get, I won't actively attack someone.
- Apologises a Lot: For things outside my control.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Badass: According to random passerby who've never met me, probably making it more a Subverted Trope.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT call me a liar, do NOT steal from me, and do NOT do something incredibly stupid and then shift the blame onto someone else. But more than anything else, do NOT ask me to do a million things at once. I have attention span issues to begin with, damnit!
- Also, in Fan Fic, for me, Foe Yay generally = No Yay, unless it's a Dating Catwoman scenario.
- DO NOT CALL ME -CHAN!
- Sarcasm just for its own sake. Yes, there are times when it's witty. And then there are times where it's just plain Kick the Dog.
- Big Brother Instinct: at random times, toward my True Companions.
- Boisterous Bruiser / Genius Bruiser: Nonviolent version. normally.
- Brainy Brunette: Male version.
- Break the Haughty: I break every so often, but get haughty again a few weeks or so later.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Have my own wierd ways of doing things. YMMV on how effective they are, though.
- Catch Phrase: "Just a minute!" "'''GOD DAMN SON OF A BITCH'''", "Aw hell", "My [x] and your [x] are probably not the same [x]."
- Celibate Hero
- Clasp Your Hands If You Deceive: Only when combined with Kubrick Stare. Otherwise, it's plain old Clasp Your Hands.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker: Keep losing to my old man in Snark-to-Snark Combat, though. I normally keep the sarcasm down a lot compared to most other examples, though, and I typically don't say half what's on my mind.
- Death Glare: Overlaps with Kubrick Stare and Badass Arm Fold.
- Grammar Nazi: Not that I'm a Grammar Saint myself, but I have high standards.
- Evil Laugh: My default laugh. Foreshadowing...?
- Extreme Doormat: Normally only when in the midst of a Heroic BSOD or guilt complex.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Been getting worse about this in recent weeks.
- Hot-Blooded: Frequently.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: I do care, really. Stop pissing me off so much and I might show it more often.
- Kubrick Stare: Often overlaps with Death Glare.
- Large Ham: YOU CANNOT GRASP THE DEPTH OF MY ENTHUSIASM!
- Lawful Neutral: I tend to zig-zag between this and Neutral Good, though my friends usually consider me Lawful Good for some reason.
- Let's Get Dangerous: (Mostly) Non-violent version. Phase 1 = Brilliant, but Lazy. Phase 2 = Gone Horribly Right.
- Mr. Imagination: Yeah, good luck getting my attention once I've been left alone for five minutes.
- Underdeveloped Social Skills: They aren't much, but they're there.
- Not Good with People: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Older than They Look: Once, a waitress started flirting with me like crazy - she thought I was 25. When I told her that I was fifteen, she freaked.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Usually. This is more of an internet issue than a Real Life one, although it still comes up there sometimes.
- Sixth Ranger: To the Ala Iridia group.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: IRL. With my family or strangers = Ice King, Good Is Not Nice, Ineffectual Loner. With my friends = Large Ham, Hot-Blooded, and Talkative Loon.
- Technical Pacifist: In speech, but in actions I'm more of an Actual Pacifist, stemming from... an incident.
- The Smart Guy
- Too Clever by Half: Unfortunately I have many such moments.
- Tsundere: Of the dere type for my girlfriend, of a nonromantic tsun type for people in general. If I know someone - even if it's just over the internet - and they're unwell, I spend the next week or three worring about them. Even if we otherwise antagonize each other.
Tropes that others believe describe me
- Crazy Awesome: admittedly, I get this mostly from people who review some of the fanfic I've written, so more YMMV than usual here...
- Spoiler Hound: He explicitly admitted that he deliberately sets all spoiler tags off. There's no other way to describe such behavior. :p (signed: Marq FJA)
My favorite Tropes
To Other Tropers:
Should you wish to edit this page for yourself, this is the section in which to do it. This is the part of my page that you guys can wreak havoc in: it includes applied tropes, mental images of me, and, of course, vandalism!