Fanfic: Digimon Fusion Kai
"My name is X, a watcher of the Digital Worlds… and I am here to tell their story."
— From Chapter 1 of Digimon Fusion Kai before the story begins.
It's Digimon playing the role of Dragonball Z.
What's Digimon Fusion Kai?
First, this fic series is not to be confused with Saban's official English Digimon Xros Wars
dub.Digimon Fusion Kai
is a Fusion Fic
mega-series that combines the characters & plot of Digimon
and the plot & recurring themes from Dragon Ball Z
. Yeah, that's right. But, here's the catch. The Digimon characters are in the roles of the DBZ cast. This long-running fanfic series has been written by fanfic writer Kanius
, best known for his YuYuGiDigiMoon series.
In actuality, this series predates his YuYuGiDigiMoon Mega Crossover
and owes its existence to this ancient Digimon/DBZ Fusion Fic
. The series as a whole has been posted at least twice (technically three, counting the ongoing revision process). Once from 2001-2002, and a second run that lasted January 2002-April 2005 with supplementary fics that lasted up to May 2006. The first versions have long been deleted off Fanfiction.net. The previous second versions remain up.
As of May 2010, Digimon Fusion made its return with the 'Kai'
brand. Yep, the series returns with a re-freshen style and improved writing. On top of that, a few characters were replaced and updated.
Also, this series has been officially connected to YuYuGiDigiMoon
and Digimon Accel Stream
with the release of Across Dimensions. This is all thanks to a dimesional traveler named Karin Osaka AKA Sailor Sedna
, who has befriended a Future Trunks Expy
named Dimitri Ishida. With Sedna's dimension crossing power, it's become possible for dimension travel across the multiverse consisting of (but not limited to) Digimon Fusion Kai, YYGDM, Accel Stream, and other Digimon (or Non-Digimon) universes.
- Season 3, now titled D-Reaper's Fury, returns with new chapters weekly.
- Cross Generations will be released in March/Spring (during D-Reaper's Fury, just like Across Dimensions to DFK Season 2 in 2011) with the same 'Kai' writing/movie style (remain fast pace) and sometimes be contributed by Ford1114, starting with the first chapter as a sneak peek. The rest will go on after D-Reaper's Fury is complete.
- Furthermore, the stories will be uploaded on deviantart.
- In the Abridged series, a fourth party corner set around the New Years Eve is in production with a release date of July 4th.
As of March 25th, 2015, the series has 198 chapters. The latest chapters are:
Digimon Fusion Kai: D-Reaper's Fury: Chapter 28
Digimon Fusion Kai (Episode 1 - 115)
Season 1 (Episode 1 - 54)
"And so it begins"
- Digital Invaders Saga
- An adaptation of the Saiyan Saga with incorporated Dark Master plots. After defeating VenomMyotismon and a warlord named Daimaomon, the DigiDestined find the Digital World in shambles. The damage has been done by the work of the Dark Masters and the Digital Invaders, all under the services of a diabolical digital tyrant. When a villain named NeoDevimon arrives... well, if you watched DBZ, you should know he's Radditz. Agumon learns he was originally supposed to be aligned with these invaders (don't worry, there's no tail nonsense in this version) and well... Oh, Crap... enter Matt and MetalGarurumon, who are in the role of Vegeta. Hell later breaks loose and an epic fight ensues. Need more?
- Episodes 1 to 17
- Spira Saga
- An adaptation of the first half of Namek Saga and Ginyu Force battles. After their File Island pals died in battle with the Invaders, the DigiDestined are joined by a group of human/digital warrior hybrids called the D3s/Magna Warriors/Digital Humans to land on Nam-errr... Spira (totally NOT tied to Final Fantasy X, heh). Unfortunately, as they arrive, the Digiverse's most feared tyrant, Burizalor, is there to rain on their parade and collect the Drago... Digicores. They run into the last Dark Masters, a monster named UmbraDevimon (created by Fanfic author UltraSonic007), and a five-man elite force led by Piedmon called the Nightmare Special Squad. To overcome them, the Digigang gain assistance from Spira's warriors and later Tai & VictoryGreymon.
- Episodes 18 to 35
- Burizalor Saga
- The big fight with the Big Bad. Like Freeza, Burizalor unveils his transformations... and hell breaks loose. The tyrant is fighting VictoryGreymon and Tai... until Tai/VictoryGreymon went Super Saiyan. Well, they DON'T exactly become a Super Saiyan. They become an Ascendant named Omega X and engages Burizalor (and join the other DigiDestined to stop Apocalymon) in an epic battle. The fate of the Digiverse hangs into balance in this crucial battle.
- Episodes 36 to 54
Season 2 (Episode 55 - 98)
- Artificials Saga
- The 02 Time Skip. An adaptation of the Artificial Human Saga. Four years after the last adventure, the DigiDestined have gained new members and face numerous foes, but without Tai and Agumon involved. After a long wait, the DigiDestined receive word of Tai and Agumon's return. Once-believed to be dead, Burizalor is revived as a cyborg by LadyMyotismon and launches an attack on Earth... until a mysterious youth NOT named Trunks saves our heroes and finishes the diabolical duo. Tai and Agumon return. The boy, Dimitri, tells them of a forthcoming Artificial threat in 11 months. 11 months pass, the Artificials attack Kyoto as Dimitri predicted. Tai and Agumon lead the Digiteam against these mechanized terrors before the virus takes its toll on Tai. And now enter 'Yamato' to fight the Artificials. Having learned from the Future Badass about the 'fake' enemies, a new set of Artificials are about to be released. The new Artificial trio have been unleashed! BlackWarGreymon is revealed as the third Artificial. Our heroes receive a beating from the Artificials. Then, if that wasn't enough, a mysterious time pod has been discovered on File Island. What does this twist entail?
- Episodes 55 to 67
Save the Future.
- Virus Saga
- People and Digimon alike begin vanishing, and all is linked to a creature that arrived from the mysterious time pod. BanchoLeomon enters a town in the real world and confronts a monster NOT named Cell. The creature, named Virus, reveals he is from an alternate future and is Datamon's ultimate life form. After fleeing, Virus feeds on helpless victims while the Digiteams pursue him. Tai and Agumon recover from the ailing sickness, and vow to reach a new Ascendant level, a power Yamato wants to achieve. The Room of Time is used as a last measure against Virus and the Artificials. BanchoLeomon and Artificial Jax fought an evenly paced battle, which was interrupted by Virus! Virus snuffs out Bancho and prepares to absorb said Artificial, until BlackWarGreymon intervenes and attacks the creature. But, it only delayed the inevitable and Virus absorbs Jax to become Semi-Perfect. Tike, Kara, and David take extreme measures to hold the monster back, but they run out of power... only for Tai to save them! Yamato, Dimitri, and Keke head off to stop Virus, who is in hot pursuit of the Artificials. Metalla X/Yamato meets Virus and engages him in a fight. Tai, Agumon, Kari, and Gatomon enter the Room of Time, as Tai pushes Kari to surpass him and become an Ascendant. Davis finds Sonja and prepares to shut her down, but opts to crush the remote instead! Virus outwits our heroes, absorbs Sonja, and reaches his perfect form - thanks to Yamato's intervention. Kari finally becomes an Ascendant, named Celesta X after being pushed to her limit. Metalla X engages the newly evolved Virus and is spellbounded by the bio-Artificial's power of perfection! After Metalla X's big attack fails, Dimitri steps in to face the villain. Despite a valiant effort, Angemon X/Dimitri fails when relying on raw power, which Virus exploits. Disappointed, Virus announces his own version of the Cell Games, dubbed the War Games, to commence in 10 days.
- Episodes 68 to 82
The Children's War Games.
- The War Games Saga
- The Cell Games adaptation. Virus makes his epic announcement via a global television broadcast. He declared the War Games, wants a challenge, gives our heroes nine days, yadada. The Ascendants vow to train hard to prepare. Omega X and Celesta X finally emerge from the Room of Time. Omega X confronts Virus and accepts the crafty devil's challenge. The Destined and friends settle down for nine days. When Virus breaks a truce and destroys a military force, Omega X decides to go to New Spira to bring back the Digicores. All the while, Celesta X is once again greeted by old enemies from the Dark Ocean, including Dragomon himself!. At last, the day has arrived as our heroes head to the War Games. But, Mummymon, aka Mr. Satan, spoils the party and arrives to face Virus first! Mummymon goes first and it ends with disastrous results. Obviously, Omega X steps up to face Virus. The long-awaited fight starts off with a bang! Virus and Omega X's fight goes back and forth and then their fight takes it up a level above Crowning Momentof Awesome! But then, one gives up in the end... and when Omega X steps out, Celesta X takes his place to fight! After asking Virus to stop, Celesta X reveals anger draws out her 'hidden power', to which Virus exploits by force. After beating Celesta X, Virus takes the Digi-Vitamins and is... stopped by BlackWarGreymon, who prepares to self-destruct! It backfires as Virus blasts BWG back and unleashes the Chibi Viruses on the heroes! After BlackWarGreymon meets his end, Celesta X finally unleashes her full Ascendant power. Unleashing he Amazing Grace, Celesta demonstrates her new speed and takes the Digi-Vitamins from the monster. She then obliterates the Chibi Viruses and begins to engage Virus. Celesta X level 2, taking on a new ruthless edge, deflects Virus' best attacks and forces him to vomit out BOTH Jax and Sonja! Regressed back to his imperfect form, Virus is no longer a threat, but he pumps himself up into a balloon out of desperation. Omega X makes the save and teleports but DOES NOT DIE! Huanglongmon saves Tai and Agumon last second. When everyone despairs, Virus returns with his perfect form and gains a boost to equal Celesta X. Metalla X attempts to avenge Dimitri, Faith, and Tike but fails. Celesta X steps in, with a crippled arm, and faces down Virus, who prepares his Solar Terra Team to destroy two worlds! With encouragement from her brother, Celesta X gathers up power for her Sibling Terra Beam and gets help from her friends ( also give assist from Metalla X!) to obliterate the ultimate life form! With her victory, Kari saves many worlds and becomes Tai's successor. Everyone heads back to Azulongmon's realm to use the new Digicores to revive those killed by Virus and the Artificials, Tike and Dimitri included! Tai and Agumon return to everyone's surprise and Sonja 'thanks' Davis before leaving. Dimitri and Faith say goodbye before returning to their time.
- Episodes 83 to 98
Season 2.5 (Episode 99 - 115)
- Digiuniversal Battle Tournament
- The Other World Tournament adaptation. It starts off when Tai & Agumon joins with X and company to visit Digital Limbo, where many of the imprisoned villains have given angry looks (especially Burizalor). A prison break occur of the Buriza Army led by Ginyumon, the Nightmare Special Squad's original leader. With BW (BlackWarGreymon)'s help, they defeated the bad guys. Tai & Agumon then meet Shinmon, and a Digiuniversal tournament takes place. Many fighters across the Digiverse have compete for the title. Pikkan, X's old friend, is part of the tournament. After fighting many matches, Omega X faces off with Pikkan and wins.
- Episodes 99 to 102
- Side Stories
- An adaptation of The Great Saiyaman Saga with incorporated Tamers plots. Its about Kari and the lesser known characters are involve in having mini-adventures, such as encountering rogue digimon and Impmon. Bust most importantly is that these creatures are after a digimon named Calumon with no explanation. Then the digidestined encountered the Devil Clan of Daimaomon that seeks to revive their master. With the help of the Crest Weapons, the digidestined's digimon have reach their Mega forms to defeat the devil clan and the revived Daimaomon himself.
- Episodes 103 to 109
- Tyrantmon Unbound
- An adaptation of Bojack Unbound. The arc begins where our heroes are fighting the Devas; digimon that are based on the chinese zodiac that deflected the Holy Beasts, and join forces with a villain named Tyrantmon. Metalla X settles the score with Celesta X, but is interrupted by their enemies. Impmon sells his soul to Tyrantmon and digivolves into Beelzemon in attempting to kill the heroes. The Galactic Pirates seeks to bring their god, Skykos, to Earth for capturing Calumon. After various battles, Celesta X defeats Tyrantmon, and Omega X beats Skykos after an epic battle of proportions. Sometime later, X announces the heroes of the Ascendant legacy. Time passes till 2009, and the season ends when Taichi announces in inviting their dimensional friends to a Digi World Tournament.
- Episodes 110 to 115
Digimon Fusion Kai: D-Reaper's Fury (Season 3) (Episode 116-??/1 - ??)
"Welcome to the new age"
- Digital World Tournament Saga
- An adaptation of the World Tournament arc. It begins three years after the events of Season 2.5. It's 2009. Tai and Agumon gather their friends in addition to Tamers, the Legendary Warriors, & Kuiper Belt Senshi of the YYGDM universe and the Accel Stream cast, inviting all of them to the Digital World Tournament. Some participate while others observe. While this is going on, an insidious plot is being orchestrated by an evil wizard and his coven to gather energy for an ancient evil.
- Episodes 116 (1) to 124 (9)
- D-Reaper Saga
- An adaptation of the Babidi's ship and early Majin Buu stuff. Summary coming soon.
- Episodes 125 (10) to 142 (27)
- Meta-Fusion Saga
- An adaptation of the Fusion and Evil/Super Buu events. Summary coming soon.
- Episodes 143 (28) to ?? (Ongoing)
- Fight to Save the Digiverse
Cross Generations (1 - 36)
The new adaptation.
- Crimson Digicores Saga
- Bebimon Saga
- Curtain Call Special (An in-between special episode)
- Super Jax Saga
- Shadow Dramon Saga
- Fiction's Closure (Series Finale)
Movies and Specials
- Taito's Ascension
- This is the prequel to Digimon Fusion Kai. It's a summarized and detailed remake of Taito's Destiny. Written by AnimatedFord, it expands more on my original Chosen Five's, Taito Yagami and his cohorts, training all the way to their defeat by Burizalor's regime.
- Takes place before Daimaomon's Conquest for Power Redux and Digimon Fusion Kai itself.
- Link to summary on AnimatedFord's page: Taito's Ascension
- Daimaomon's Conquest Redux
- Movie fic adaptation of Dead Zone. Shortly after saving their world from VenomMyotismon, the Digidestined return to the Digital World. If losing Matt and Gabumon was bad enough, they are being pursued by the Demon King, Daimaomon, and his Devil Clan. Daimaomon requires TK and Kari's powers for his nefarious purposes.
- Chapter 1 to 5 (Complete)
- Takes place before the Digital Invaders Saga.
- Mutalior's Vengeance Redux
- Movie fic adaptation of Cooler's Revenge and Our War Game. Following Burizalor's defeat, Tai and Agumon return to Earth to see Kari and friends. Things go well until Mutalior, Burizalor's father, attacks with his henchmen. Mutalior also unleashes Diaboromon with a diabolical scheme in mind. An intense battle ensues between our heroes and the super villain. Mutalior gains an edge using his fourth evolved state to face the Ascendant who destroyed his son.
- Chapter 1 to 6 (Complete)
- Takes place roughly eight months after the Burizalor Saga.
- Yagami: The Legendary Ascendant
- Movie fic adaptation of Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan. Days before the upcoming War Games, Tai and the Digidestined's Paris tour is interrupted by uninvited guests. The Chosen and the D3s must unite to save the Digiverse from an evil and powerful being known as the Legendary Ascendant.
- Chapter 1 to 7 (Complete)
- Takes place before The War Games
- Across Dimensions - Crossover with YuYuGiDigiMoon and Digimon: Accel Stream (by Chaosblazer).
- When danger runs amok across time and space, heroes in different worlds respond. The dimension traveling menace Paradixalmon establishes an army with Beyond and the Digital Warlord. Their mission is to find and eradicate every Ascendant, super digital warriors akin to Super Saiyans, to prevent an imbalance in other worlds, but the evil trio also intend to use their powers to destroy heroes.
- Chapter 1 to 13 (Complete)
- Takes place roughly a year after the War Games Saga and is canon with all three fan continuities.
- The Siege of GranDracmon - Crossover with YuYuGiDigiMoon and Digimon: Accel Stream (by Chaosblazer).
- The official sequel to Across Dimensions and second collab project with Chaosblazer. The cast of Digimon Fusion Kai, YuYuGiDigiMoon, and Accel Stream unite to fight the root of the evil: GranDracmon. The Ascendants, the Spirit Detectives, the Sailors, and company must stop him and his evil forces to save their worlds.
- Chapter 1 to 8 (Complete)
- Takes place five months after Dawn of Chaos for the YYGDM-verse group, after Digimon Fusion Kai Season 2.5, and Digimon Accel Stream post-Chapter 49.
- Lucemon's Revival (Coming Soon)
- Yagami's Second Coming - Crossover with Digimon: Accel Stream (by Chaosblazer).
- Movie fic adaptation of Broly's Second Coming. Following his defeat to Tai, Yagami and his partner land on another hero's world. He is awakened, but turns loose and goes on a rampage. At the same time, Tai, the Ascendants, and some friends are on the move to try intercepting the Legendary Ascendant.
- Chapter 1 to 4 (Complete)
- Takes place a few months before Digimon Fusion Kai Season 3 and in the middle of Digimon Accel Stream Season 2. Minor references to YuYuGiDigiMoon, which is post-Dawn of Chaos at this point.
- Battle of Digital Gods
- Movie fic adaptation of Battle of Gods. Beerusmon, the Digital God of Destruction, drops into the Digital World to find his worthy opponent. Desperate to find the Ascendant God, Beerusmon threatens to destroy the Digital World. With their friends backing them, Tai and Agumon must draw upon their powers to produce the power of the legendary Ascendant God.
- Chapter 1 to 7 (Complete)
- Officially one year removed from Digimon Fusion Kai Season 3. Will have brief references to YuYuGiDigiMoon and Digimon Accel Stream.
- Resurrection B(urizalor) (Working Title) (Coming Soon) - Crossover with YuYuGiDigiMoon and Digimon: Accel Stream (by Chaosblazer).
- The Return of Mutalior
- Movie fic adaptation of The Return of Cooler and partially Digimon Hurricane Touchdown. When a certain Digimon goes missing, a metallic planet begins consuming a far off digiworld. In response, Tai, Agumon, and the New Digidestined join Willis and Terriermon as they meet a villain believed to be dead. The villain, garbed in full metal, aims to assimilate Ascendant energy.
- Chapter 1 to 4 (Complete)
- Digital Fusion Reborn (Coming Soon)
- X-Evolution (Coming Soon)
The series provide examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation
- Adaptation Expansion
- Adaptive Ability: The Ascendants, Virus, you name em.
- Adorkable: Izzy, TK (Season 1), Kari (Season 1), Cody
- Autodoc: Healing tanks used by Burizalor's forces
- Back from the Dead: People brought back by the Digicores.
- Bad Future: Dimitri's timeline, though it got better.
- Battle Aura: Many characters power up.
- Beam-O-War: WarGreymon vs. MetalGarurumon, Celesta X vs. Virus
- Digital Invaders Saga: NeoDevimon, Babimon, Matt and MetalGarurumon
- Spira Saga: The Nightmare Special Squad, Piedmon, and Burizalor
- Burizalor Saga: Burizalor. And Apocalymon for only two episodes, but Burizalor had more of a lasting presence in the overall arc.
- Artificials Saga: The Artificials and Datamon
- Virus Saga: Virus
- The War Games: Virus
- Digiuniversal Tournament: Ginyumon and his lackeys, but only for one episode.
- Across Dimensions: Paradixalmon, Beyond, and the Digital Warlord
- Sidestories: Tyrantmon and Skykos the Exodian Priest
- Siege of GranDracmon: GranDracmon
- Digital World Tournament Saga: DarkMagimon
- D-Reaper Saga: D-Reaper
- Meta-Fusion Saga: Super-Reaper
- Fight to Save the Digiverse: Teen-Reaper
- Crimson Digicores Saga: Dr. Myuumon
- Bebimon Saga: Bebimon
- Super Jax Saga: Super Jax
- Shadow Dramon Saga: Syndramon/Apocalydramon
- The Dark Ending: ???
- Break the Cutie: Kari Kamiya/Celesta X during the War Games Saga. She recovers but delves into the darkside and becomes bloodlusted. She gets better again after that.
- Calling Your Attacks: So many fighters call out their attacks!
- Canon Immigrant: The Tamers, Legendary Warriors, and their allies originated from the YYGDM universe. Kensuke Rainer and his group originated from Digimon Accel Stream. Later in Across Dimensions... Team Xros Heart from the Digimon Xros Wars universe!
- Cat Fight: Angewomon vs. LadyDevimon
- Combined Energy Attack: WarGreymon's "Terra Force", BlackWargreymon's "Terra Destroyer" and the Life Bomb.
- Continuity Reboot
- Crisis Crossover: With YuYuGiDigiMoon, Accel Stream, and Digimon Xros Wars.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: One example was when Burizalor transforms into his final form, he beats down his opponents without breaking a sweat. Same as Virus when reaching his Perfect form.
- Darker and Edgier: Much more than the TV shows.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons
- Disk One Final Boss: Everytime they defeated a bad guy, a stronger one will show up.
- Early-Bird Cameo: The characters from Digimon Tamers in the Artificials Saga. That's just a coincidence, because in actuality; only Calumon, Impmon and his Tamers, and HYPNOS exist in DF-616.
- Then we have Shinmon, Kibitomon, Shintomon, and Buddamon in Chapter 96.
- Eldritch Abomination: Apocalymon, Dragomon, D-Reaper.
- The Four Gods: The Holy Beasts.
- Fusion Dance: Of a human and digimon to become Ascendants. Then theres Ascendant Xros for Gaiamon X. There will be 'Meta-Fusion' for Season 3.
- Heel-Face Turn: Matt & Gabumon (For Yamato though, not yet), Ken & Wormmon, Jax (sorta), Sonja, BlackWargreymon, and Seductressmon/Sheila
- Idiot Hero: Davis, Mummymon
- Kaiju Defense Force: The japanese and US army tried to destroy Virus before the War Games, but they got killed easily.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: See Digimon Fusion Kai
- Meaningful Funeral: Tai & VictoryGreymon bury Matt after he's killed by Burizalor on Spira.
- Morality Pet: TK in the first season.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Nearly every Big Bad
- Our Angels Are Different
- Our Demons Are Different
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: MetalGarurumon Lycan Mode
- Phantom Zone: Ruled by Dragomon in the Dark Ocean.
- Power Glows
- Power Levels: From Digital Invaders to Burizalor Saga is what people did to scan their battle power.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: When people become Ascendants, their hairs are spiky blond.
- Psychotic Smirk: Matt & MetalGarurumon in the Invaders Saga, Babimon, Burizalor, Perfect Virus, and the Digital Warlord.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Nightmare Special Squad.
- Recut: Re-editted and improved rewrites with a few new added twists to refreshen the series
- Reincarnation: BlackWarGreymon reborns as BW.
- Save Both Worlds: Most notably Omega X vs. Burizalor, Digi-Destined vs Apocalymon, Omega X vs. Virus, Celesta X vs. Virus
- Series Franchise
- Shonen Hair
- Spirit World: The Digital afterlife.
- Story Arc
- Shout-Out: DBZ in general, but there's a few other anime references.
- The Kaio-Ken has been coined Fury Blitz; Kamehameha is Terra Beam or Tsunami Wave; Super Saiyan is Ascendant; Spirit Bomb/Genki Dama is now Life Bomb.
- The story's Planet Namek is named Spira - an obvious nod to the world in Final Fantasy X.
- Digimon Saver/Data Squad characters: BanchoLeomon, Mercurimon, and Falcomon appear, but in completely different roles.
- Synchronization: The different time settings of both the real and digital worlds in Season 1.
- To Be Continued: Onto the next chapter!
- Time Skip
- Season 1 began in August 1999 (Unsynchronized of both worlds).
- Season 2 began in January 2004. The fight against the Artificials and Virus took place in December 2004.
- Across Dimensions began in November 2005 for DF-616.
- Season 3 will start in May 2009.
- Cross Generations' Crimson Digicore and Bebimon Sagas will be at June 2011. While Super Jax Saga and Shadow Dramon Saga/Dark Ending are at May 4th-5th, 2012.
- Time Travel: The main setting in Season 2.
- Training from Hell: Leomon's training with Patamon and Gatomon in the Digital Invaders arc.
- Transformation Sequence: Digimon digivolve. Humans and Digimon combine to become Ascendants. Villains transform into their One Winged Angels. You get the picture.
- True Companions: Heroes and allies from other dimensions helping one another.