Four popular anime shows that meet up with many adventures."As for this story, it was only just the precursor to a new era of heroes."
''-Chapter 1 of Wrath of Pharaohmon Redux
Ongoing since November 2003, YuYuGiDigiMoon is a Mega Crossover
franchise by Kanius
(who also writes Digimon Fusion Kai
) featuring the characters of YuYu Hakusho
, and Sailor Moon
, as well as several Original Characters
. Spans 3 "Seasons", 1 Side Story (short story featuring only 1 subgroup), 1 "Movie" (short(er) story featuring most of the cast), and a collection of Gaiden short stories, including a "Special Gaiden" released as a separate story, an OVA
, a three-fan-continuity crossover, and an AU stand-alone.
Throughout the years, the franchise sees a variety of changes in fleshing out ideas and collaborations. Lazerwulf
serves as the primary beta-author. Chaosblazer
then makes the author's dream crossover with Digimon Fusion Kai a reality with his Digimon Accel Stream fic to form a triad. Recently, Ford1114
becomes a secondary beta reader and does an AU story
that crossovers with Guilty Crown
and Puella Magi Madoka Magica
While Digimon Fusion Kai relates to the Dragonball series, YuYuGiDigiMoon's longer process is similar to the Big Three Anime (Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach). The franchise even celebrated its 10th anniversary (11/30/2013). Now that the season trilogy is finish, there are more stories and adventure left to tell through movie fics, specials, and gaidens.Also has its own wiki
and its own abridged series
- Digimon Fusion Kai: D-Reaper's Fury will return with new chapters in February. Until then, catch up while you can with the first 20 chapters.
- Gaiden has been updated with more entries. There are more plans of sidestories and plot bunnies, not all of these will be covered however.
- Cross Generations will be release on March/Spring with the same 'Kai' writing/movie style (remain fast pace) and sometimes be contributed by Ford1114, starting with the first chapter as a sneak peek during D-Reaper's Fury and the rest will go on after Season 3 is finish. This will be the easiest out of all these plans.
- Starting this year, there are future stories after Dawn of Chaos in tying up loose ends. In chronological order: Neos United/West Coasters, Valkyrie Advent, Wrath of the Defiants, and The Crystal Age. Furthermore, the franchise will be uploaded on deviantart.
- In the Abridged series, a fourth party corner set around the New Years Eve is in production with a release date of July/August.
As of January 18th, 2015, the series has 292 chapters. The latest chapters are:
Digimon Fusion Kai - D-Reaper's Fury: Chapter 20
YYGDM - Gaiden: Chapter 19
The main bulk of the franchise. These three stories consist of grand adventures for the characters and other developed expectations. They connect one another efficiently with foreshadowings that will ultimately lead to the climatic result in Season 3.
Season 1 (Episode 1 - 44 (Original), Episode 1 - 36 (Redux))The Wrath of Pharaohmon
- The first entry, created in 2003. The Tamers
, Legendary Warriors
, (most of the) Sailor Senshi
and the Spirit Detectives
are living in Tokyo when an evil digimon named Pharaohmon escapes into the human world and possesses a young boy named Lance, then begins plans of world domination, which the heroes must band together to stop. Starts out a bit rough, but It Gets Better
about halfway through, when Pharaohmon creates a simultaneous Cell
-style battle tournament and Duel Monsters tournament.
Season 2 (Episode 1 - 28)The Invasion of the Rajita
- The Rajita, alien enemies of the Sailor Senshi
arrive and use the power of the Orichalcos
to steal the souls of the people of Earth. The Tamers
awaken the spirits of the Four Saint Beasts (Suzaku, Seiryuu, Genbu, and Byakko) and receive new powers (and training from the Sailor Senshi) with which to fight. Meanwhile, Kaiba tries to fuse the Digital World with the world of the Duel Monsters, but due to a slight miscalculation, it works a little too well and the Rajita use it to capture the Digimon Sovereigns, leading the DigiDestined
to arrive and help the heroes out.
- Takes place seven and a half months after The Wrath of Pharaohmon, between Dawn of the Duel and the Ceremonial Battle for Yu-Gi-Oh!, and between the Dark Tournament and Chapter Black sagas for YuYu Hakusho.
Season 3 (Episode 1 - 63)Dawn of Chaos
- Many digicycles ago, the Dark God Valmarmon was defeated by the Light God Granasmon and split into seven pieces, which were spread across the Digital World(s). Now, evil digimon led by Madoudramon are on a hunt for the missing pieces in order to bring Valmarmon back to life, and the DigiDestined
, Legendary Warriors
, and DATS
must unite to stop them. Meanwhile, the Neo-Rajita, alien survivors who fled to the Digital World, resurface and attack the Sailor Senshi
, while the Demon Priests from the Meikai attempt to retrieve the Demon Stones from the Spirit Detectives
in order to revive their
Dark God, the taiyoukai Arago. To top it off, a group calling itself the Paradais Knights is using technology from the future to hack into Kaiba Corp's satellite to remove the Duel Disks' holographic safeties and force the Duelists
, (including those from Duel Academy
) into duels where the damage is real. Things look bleak until the Neo Senshi (led by Chibi-Usa) and the Signers
arrive from the future to help out. However, a villainous duo manipulating the whole setting, a dark sailor senshi named Sailor Charon and the cloaked Prophet, are scheming for the apocalyptic 'Dawn of Chaos'/Actually towards the end, its a cover up for The End of Days
which finally reveals in Chapter 61 that the duo reveal themselves to be Chaos and Millenniummon. Their final phase is to send all the heroes into various dimensions of anime and other popular culture, so that once the two villains fuse into ChaosMillenniummon, the monstrosity plans to assimilate and destroy many dimensions (alongside their enemies) to expand their network
- Set two and a half years after the main events of The Taiyoukai Awakening, and is between Year 2 and Year 3 of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. For the characters of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds (which in this universe is set contemporaneously with Crystal Tokyo) this story is set after the defeat of the Dark Signers, but before the arrival of the Infinity Trio.
- This story is by far the longest ever written with over a million words.
These are tie-in stories that take place before or after a 'season trilogy' story(s). They give more background information and future events, introducing new characters, and they are not as lengthy as a season.
- Special Gaiden: Underworld Saga - Himura's origin story. How he met Kotori, Seadramon, and Inumon in the Digital Underworld, where they first encounter Basiliskmon.
- YuYuGiDigiMoon: Gaiden - A collection of short stories that take place at different points on the timeline. Not really required reading for the rest of the season, but still worth a look.
- Side Story: Search for the Kuiper Belt Senshi - Sailor Sedna (the Tenth Senshi introduced in Season 2, is sent on a mission to find the members of her own team, Sailor Eris, Sailor Ixion, Sailor Quaoar, Sailor Orcus, and Sailor Varuna, before the Neo Animamates (The Animamates from the Sailor Moon manga and musicals that weren't featured in the anime) do.
- Takes place nearly 3 years after The Invasion of the Rajita, incidentally beginning on the day the IAU revoked Pluto's planet-status.
- The Movie: The Taiyoukai Awakening - On Halloween 2006, eight Makai lords reawaken. They are called the Taiyoukai. To stop them, Yusuke and his team gather the Sailor Senshi, the Tamers, the Legendary Warriors, and the Duelists to save Japan again.
- Takes place two months after Search for the Kuiper Belt Senshi, and is officially post-series for all included continuities, but includes a brief cameo at the end by Jaden Yuki depicting his first meeting with Yugi, placing this story before the start of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.
- OVA: Summer Diaries - It's Summer 2008. The Tamers, the Sailor Senshi, the Spirit Detectives, the Duelists, and the Legendary Warriors enjoy a relaxing vacation until trouble rears its ugly head. Expect slice of life, school life hijinks, Kobudo training, and evil pirates!
- Takes place a year after the finale of Taiyoukai Awakening, and about 8 months before Dawn of Chaos.
- Summer Diaries Special Edition - The original Summer Diaries chapters posted in chronological order with "DVD Commentary", plus several Gaiden chapters unrelated to the Arcadian Cross plot.
- Special: Neos Rising (Upcoming) - The new generation of heroes unite to stop a power-hungry mage wielding a reality-warping gem. A side story also features the West Coasters in foreshadowing The Defiants story.
- Set around April 2010 after D-Reaper's Fury.
- The Movie: Valkyrie Advent (Upcoming) - Kotori and the heroes are searching for the descendants of the valkyries in preventing a second Ragnarok.
- Set around 2011 before Cross Generations.
- Mini-Season: Wrath of the Defiants (Upcoming, Series Finale) - The end of superheroes has come as they confront with their final enemies: the humans sworn to protect that join The Defiants.
- Set around December 2012, seven months after Cross Generations.
- OVA: The Crystal Age (Upcoming, Series Epilogue)
- Set in the 30th century of the main timeline.
These stories are where the YYGDM-01 characters appear as guests in some form.
- Across Dimensions - Crossover with Digimon Fusion Kai and Digimon: Accel Stream (by Chaosblazer). When danger runs amok across time and space, heroes in different worlds respond. The dimension traveling menace Paradixalmon establishes an army with Beyond and the Digital Warlord. Their mission is to find and eradicate every Ascendant, super digital warriors akin to Super Saiyans, to prevent an imbalance in other worlds, but the evil trio also intend to use their powers to destroy heroes.
- Takes place 4 months before Summer Diaries. The main cast from Digimon Xros Wars make their official YYGDM/Kai/Accel debut in Chapter 7. Though not a part of the YYGDM, Kai, or Accel worlds, they are now directly involved and tied to these three mythos and each world's heroes. The events take place about three months after the Death Generals and Seven Kingdoms Saga.
- The Siege of GranDracmon - The official sequel to Across Dimensions and second collab project with Chaosblazer. The cast of Digimon Fusion Kai, YuYuGiDigiMoon, and Accel Stream unite to fight the root of the evil: GranDracmon. The Ascendants, the Spirit Detectives, the Sailors, and company must stop him and his evil forces to save their worlds.
- Set roughly five months after the events of Dawn of Chaos
- Digimon Fusion Kai: D-Reaper's Fury - D-Reaper Saga Crossover with Digimon Fusion Kai and Accel Stream; the Majin Buu adaptation.
- Takes place around April - May 2009 of DF-616. April 16th, 2010 of YYGDM-01.
- Guilty Crown: The Lost Kingdoms - On December 2012, Japanís heroes are wiped out by an outbreak called, Lost Christmas. It is now 2022, a lone high school student becomes involved with a terrorist group, alongside magical girls, to regain the countryís independence in this retelling.
- Set in an stand-alone AU as a movie fic with nine chapters.
- Guilty Crown: The Lost Kingdoms - Gaiden - A collection of short stories that take place at different points on the AU main story. Not really required reading, but still worth a look.
- Cross Generations (Upcoming) - Crossover with Digimon Fusion Kai, Digimon Xros Wars, and possibly Accel Stream; Dragonball GT adaptation.
- Takes place from June 2011 to May 2012 of DF-616. It is set after Digimon Fusion Kai: D-Reaper's Fury, Neos United, Valkyrie Advent, Digimon Accel Stream: Season 2, and Guilty Crown: The Lost Kingdoms.
The stories provide examples of:
- Action Girl: Examples such as the Senshi, Rika, and Kotori.
- Adaptational Badass: Many of the canon characters such as the Tamers and Senshi become this with new power-ups.
- Adaptation Expansion
- Alien Abduction: Invasion of the Rajita shows various characters and the Chimeras are captured by the Rajita themselves. In Dawn of Chaos, Helena/Sailor Quaoar is kidnapped by the Neo-Rajita.
- Alien Blood
- Alien Invasion: The main setting of Invasion of the Rajita.
- Aliens and Monsters
- Amazon Brigade: The Sailor Senshi and the Amazon Duel Monsters.
- Anachronic Order: The chapters of the OVA will be posted chrono-illogically (as they put it). The first chapter is actually the epilogue. Word of God says that the actual chronological order will be revealed after the last chapter has been posted.
- Apocalypse How: Yami Houou would have cause a Class X-4 had she not been stopped.
- Apocalypse Maiden: Yami Houou
- Artificial Human: The Chimeras.
- Ascended Extra:
- Jaarin Wong, older sister of Henry and Suzie. Being a minor Digimon Tamers character, only got three scenes at most and very few lines. In this series, her status has been greatly upgraded once she became the Legendary Warrior of Water. She's even gained her own A-Hybrid (Kappamon), is a close friend to Izumi Orimoto, and the girlfriend of Sam Joseph, Legendary Warrior of Earth.
- Yasmin/Gravekeeper's Assailant: Remember that minor girl who Jaden met in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Season 1? The one who gave him half of that pendant, which the other half belonged to Atticus? She only had two episode appearances and was never mentioned again? Yeah, her status was upgraded in Season 3 as she played in big part in guiding the Senshi to the Orb of Minos and was Sleipnir's chosen guardian to allow the Senshi to unlock his seal, freeing him and granting the Senshi their Dai-Valkyrie forms.
- In Chapter 5 of Summer Diaries Special Edition, Miho Nosaka of Yu-Gi-Oh becomes Sailor Makemake, a Kuiper Senshi. She's been reawakened by Sailor Pluto to find her partner, Sailor Haumea, and fight an army of dream demons called Weepers. In Chapter 16, Vivian Wong of Yu-Gi-Oh reawakens as Sailor Haumea, becoming Makemake's Sailor partner.
- Avengers Assemble: Four franchises of Digimon, Sailor Moon, YuYu Hakusho and Yugioh join forces.
- Back from the Dead
- Badass in Distress: Sailor Pluto and Quaoar are kidnapped by Paradais and the Neo Rajita.
- Badass Normal: Megumi-shishou. She once took down a horde of 20 attempted rapists with nothing but a broomstick, and as the Okinawan Kobudo instructor to three of the Kuiper Senshi, can easily best them (in their non-powered, civilian forms) in one-on-one combat. It took all three of them working together to defeat her, and even then, it was more of a draw. She also took down several Arcadian drones during the O-Ban festival.
- Bash Brothers: Himura & Phillipe. Yusuke & Kuwabara. Yugi & Joey. Tai & Matt. Davis & Ken.
- Best Her to Bed Her: Athenamon.
- Kuzuhamon (a virus version of Sakuyamon) sort of tries to do this to Inumon by joining the Amazon Digimon, challenging Inumon, then intentionally losing so Inumon will be forced to marry her. Of course, if she wins the fight, she uses another Amazonian law to claim a bested male as a mate. So basically, Inumon's screwed either way. The only way he gets out of it is by Sakuyamon challenging Kuzuhumon for the rights to marry him.
- Big Bad:
- Underworld Saga: Basilikmon
- Season 1: Pharaohmon
- Season 2: Kaiser Ghidorah
- Kuiper Senshi Side Story: Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon
- The Taiyoukai's Awakening: Demento and Kiryu
- Across Dimensions: Paradixalmon, Beyond, and the Digital Warlord
- OVA: Arcadian Cross
- Season 3: Sailor Charon & The Prophet/Millenniummon
- The Siege of GranDracmon: GranDracmon
- Digimon Fusion Kai Season 3: D-Reaper
- Neos United: Chaos Magician Girl
- Valkyries Advent: Loki
- Cross Generations: ???
- Wrath of the Defiants: Cain Bearer
- Big Bad Ensemble: Paradais (along with Professor Frank) and the Neo-Rajita most of the time.
- The Big Bad Shuffle: Season 3 seems to be having this going on. Each group has its own Big Bad, but Charon and the Prophet seem to have their hand in the most pies, making them The Couple Behind The Madmen
- Spirit Detectives: Long
- Digi-Heroes: Madoudramon
- Sailor Senshi: Gamera
- Duelists: Professor Frank
- Bittersweet Ending: The ending of Invasion of the Rajita.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The Orichalcos stones control the Lycans, Chimeras, Maya Kitajima, Beelzemon, and Joey Wheeler.
- Later in Dawn of Chaos, Dimitri is turned out to be under Sailor Charon's control by a trap.
- Break Them by Talking: Various villains do that to destroy their opponents verbally. The best example is Chapter 28 of Dawn of Chaos where Sailor Charon does that to Sedna.
- By the Power of Grayskull!!: "[Planet] Valkyrie Power! Make-Up!"
- Cain and Abel: Gallantmon and ChaosGallantmon. Rio and Kyo Kuroshishi. Sailor Pluto & Charon.
- Calling Your Attacks: Every character, whether its Digimon or a Yugioh character.
- Cat Fight: Sakuyamon vs Kuzuhamon. Minervamon/Mervamon vs Lilithmon in Dawn of Chaos.
- The Cavalry: Expect this to happen at least once per chapter and it usually can happen multiple times in a battle!
- Cerebus Syndrome: The first season starts off as light hearted with some dark moments as getting to know the characters. Then second season came with an alien invasion, along with depths of the universe and backstories. Season 3 gets ALOT darker with the ongoing chaos that affect everyone in state.
- The Chessmaster: The Prophet & Sailor Charon
- The Chosen Many: All five seasons of Digimon inhabited the digi-verse.
- Circles of Hell: The (Digital) Underworld, The Makai, The Meikai.
- Combined Energy Attack
- Cool Big Sis: Kuwabara Shizuru and Saya Sagara.
- Cosmic Horror Story: How the Yami Houou's corruption is born.
- Costume Porn: The Author is VERY descriptive when it comes to the characters' appearances when they first show up in the story. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Crowning Momentof Awesome: Lots of them. See the page. (Warning, spoilers ahead)
- Curb-Stomp Battle: There are many such as Pharaohmon's True Form takes down the heroes before announces his tournament, and Kaiser Ghidorah holds his own against his enemies in the final battle.
- Darker and Edgier: One of the best examples of crossover fanfiction.
- Darkest Hour: The heroes are losing to Pharaohmon in his full power. A second example is the fight against Kaiser Ghidorah and Yami Houou. Now it is coming once more in the final two days of Dawn of Chaos.
- David Versus Goliath: In certain battles.
- Death Is Cheap
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Dimension Lord
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons
- The Dragon: Lance and Nemesis are to Pharaohmon in Season 1. Kuiiza is to Kaiser Ghidorah in Season 2. Season 3 has bunch: Madoudramon is to Valmarmon. Long is to Arago. Gamera and Professor Frank are this to Sailor Charon & Prophet.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Kurama and Phillipe Sagara.
- Duels Decide Everything: For card games.
- Eldritch Abomination
- The End of the World as We Know It
- Even Evil Has Standards: Wolk and DemiDevimon are disgusted of Kitoss' abuse on Helena.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys
- Evil Costume Switch: Joey Wheeler when controlled by the Rajita.
- Evil Counterpart: Kuzuhamon to Sakuyamon. The Demon Beast Generals to the Beast Tamers. Igasu the Blood Moon to Sailor Moon.
- Evil Overlord
- Evil Plan: Sailor Charon and The Prophetís Dawn of Chaos plan is to manipulate all of the story's events in order to fulfill an ultimate goal.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Pharaohmon, Ghidorah, Kiryu, and any bad guy that has a deep voice.
- Evolutionary Levels: Examples are Valkyrie upgrades and Beast evolutions.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink
- Fantasy Pantheon: The digi-verse has a lot of those.
- The Four Gods / Four Is Death: Several instances. There's the Digimon Sovereigns: Zhuqiaomon, Azulongmon, Ebonwumon, and Baihumon; the Saint Beasts given to the Beast Tamers: Suzaku, Seiryuu, Genbu, and Byakko; and four of the Generals of Valmarmon: HiSuzakumon, MizuSeiryuumon, ChiGenbumon, and KazeByakkomon.
- Council of Angels: The three Celestial Digimon of Frontier that are the same partners of TK, Kari and Willis.
- Seven Deadly Sins: The Mao Kings.
- World Tree: Yggdrasil is mentioned.
- The Dark Masters/Neo Dark Masters might fit.
- God: Granasmon.
- Fighting Your Friend: The part in Invasion of the Rajita when the Duelists are forced to fight a possessed Joey.
- Foreshadowing: The Prophet warn Kaiser Ghidorah of not to anger the black phoenix. Guess what Rei Hino/Sailor Mars become?
- In Dawn of Chaos, Sailor Pluto mentions 'Chaos' to Sailor Charon. Because Charon really is Chaos, the ultimate Sailor Moon villain.
- Chapter 18 shows a painting of a monster. Jeremiah said itís his favorite that when its seal cracks, itíll destroy everything.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Between Usagi and Rei, in the last chapters of Summer Diaries: Special Edition
- Fusion Dance: Invasion of Rajita shows the Spirit Detectives learn to fuse in combating the Rajita. Later in Dawn of Chaos, Valmarmon has Atolmdramon & Yamidramon to fuse to Doomsdramon.
- Giant Spider: Arukenimon appears in Wrath of Pharaohmon/Redux. Earthbound Immortal Uru appears in Dawn of Chaos.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- A God Am I: Many of the major villains like Pharaohmon, Kaiser Ghidorah, Valmarmon, Arago, Gamera, and Sailor Charon & The Prophet.
- Heel-Face Turn: Felinismon and Brimstone in the Wrath of Pharaohmon. Morpheous in Invasion of the Rajita.
- Hellgate: Any portal or door that leads to a bad place.
- Madoudramon Titan Mode is going to open Digital Hell in the final battles..
- Heroes Unlimited: Japan, a country filled with superheroes.
- Human Aliens
- The Hunter: A job for the Spirit Detectives.
- Intimate Healing: In The Movie, between Sailor Mars and Hiei.
- Kaiju: Kaiser Ghidorah can transform into a kaiju size monster.
- The Legions of Hell: Valmarmon's army and evil demons from Makai/Meikai.
- Lighter and Softer: Summer Diaries/Special Edition is this.
- Lizard Folk: The Rajita. Much of the Neo-Rajita are a subversion, that those can become Digimon hybrids.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: To be expected. This is a Mega Crossover, but compounded by the fact that there are nearly as many Original Characters as there are Canonical Characters.
- Magical Girl Warrior: The Sailor Senshi and the Valkyries.
- Manipulative Bastard: Sharon Rivers aka Sailor Charon, Sailor Pluto's Evil Twin sister aka the Manipulative Bitch. Posing as an amnesic Pluto and plotting a gambit against the Senshi and the other heroes. She's definitely a prime candidate.
- The mysterious Prophet also takes the cake.
- Pharaohmon, Kaiser Ghidorah, and Gamera also fit the bill.
- Secondary villains: Rajita General Kuiiza, who implanted false, hateful images of Joey's own friends into his mind to corrupt and turn him into a dark warrior and for using his own subordinates as test subjects for his sick experiments. He even sent Nemesis, Yui Tsubasa's dark alter-ego, to her death in a duel with Yui. What else has he done? Tried to conspire fellow general, Nagah, and convince Kaiser Ghidorah to order for her execution for failing to conquer the Amazon Kingdom. With these accomplishments, this guy proved to be even more of a bastard than Season 2's Big Bad. And that's giving him way too much credit than he deserves.
- Mega Crossover: Starts with just YuYu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon Tamers, Digimon Frontier, and Sailor Moon. Season 2 adds a few characters from Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02. Season 3 adds the rest of the characters from Adventure and Zero-Two, as well as Digimon Savers, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds.
- Across Dimensions adds the main casts from the Digimon Fusion Kai and Digimon: Accel Stream fan continuities. And as of chapter 7, the main cast from Digimon Xros Wars.
- Mons: Digimon and Duel Monsters.
- Multiversal Conqueror
- Noble Demon: Hiei, Kurama, many of Yusuke's demon allies (Even Younger Toguero), Morpheaus, Melancholia at times.
- Norse Mythology: The presence of the reincarnated Valkyries such as Kotori Ayami.
- Obviously Evil: Villains that have nefarious schemes.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Kaiser Ghidorah and Gamera have the potential to become this once they get the Romulus Source. Yami Houou is a straighter example.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. There are two "Sam"s, and both are OCs. One is the new Legendary Warrior of Earth, and one is the little brother of OC Lyn Stromberg (the reincarnation of Kisara, keeper of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon).
- Confusion is generally avoided by not having the two in the same scene. You can generally tell them apart by who they're talking to. Sam Joseph (Legendary Warrior of Earth) will usually be talking to other Legendary Warriors. Sam Stromberg is always with his twin brother Max, and the two will generally speak one right after the other. (Yeah, yeah, Sam and Max. Word of God says that was completely unintentional. Besides, since Max is the elder twin, he's always mentioned first e.g. Max and Sam.)
- Also, in the latest season (Dawn of Chaos), there are several duplicate digimon. You can tell them apart because each has their partner's initial in a parenthetical after their name. There's Agumon (T)ai and Agumon (M)asaru, Biyomon (S)ora and Biyomon (C)hika, Terriermon (W)illis and Terriermon (H)enry, and Lopmon (W)illis and Lopmon (S)uzie.
- Order Versus Chaos: The main theme of Dawn of Chaos.
- Original Characters: See the Character Sheet
- Original Generation: The O Cs use in the story.
- Our Angels Are Different
- Our Demons Are Different: Pretty much with not just Makai, but the Taiyoukai and the Meikai with the Demon Priests.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: The Lycans.
- Papa Wolf
- The Power of Friendship
- Psychic Powers
- The Rival: Gallantmon to ChaosGallantmon. Sailor Varuna to Blitzkrieg.
- Rule of Three: There are those like the Three Season Fanfics, Crossover with Digimon Fusion Kai and Accel Stream, the Egyptian God Cards, the Legendary Dragons/Knights, and the Three Old Rulers (Princess Serenity, King Enma, and Odin). Dawn of Chaos stands out since its the 3rd season.
- The title has three words.
- There's the good and evil sides, plus an organization (Paradais) that's manipulating both sides.
- Gamera works alongside with Sailor Charon & The Prophet for most of the story.
- Yugioh, GX, and 5Ds unite as one.
- Omegamon, Imperialdramon, and Athenamon are like 'the body, mind, and heart' to one another when their under siege by the Neo-Rajita and Paradais.
- Ancientmon, Harbingermon, and Oraclemon work side by side.
- Kaiba, Chazz, and Jack duels Professor Frank similar to the Heroes vs Paradox in the Bonds Beyond Time movie. They figure out how each defeat a Egyptian God card at a time.
- As of Chapter 57, the final main foes before Paradais are Valmarmon, Gamera, and Arago.
- Rule of Seven: There are the Millennium Items and such like the seven reincarnated Valkyries. Dawn of Chaos has examples.
- There are seven days throughout the story.
- The seven Valmarmon pieces.
- The seven Mao Kings.
- Arago himself, three demon stones, and three Kuroshishi souls.
- The Earthbound Immortals controlled by Professor Frank.
- Save Both Worlds
- Science Fantasy
- Sea Monster/ Kraken and Leviathan
- Serial Escalation: The franchise itself counts as the stories become complex with new ideas.
- Series Franchise: One of the most well know crossover fics.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: The first season deals with Pharaohmon as the Starter Villain. Then season two takes up to an alien invasion and saving the universe from Yami Houou. Dawn of Chaos takes it Up to Eleven with the many heroes dealing with factions of villains, while culminating a war between Cosmos and Chaos.
- Soul Fragment: The seven Valmarmon pieces, it reminds some people of the Hocruxes.
- Spirit World
- Story Arc
- Superhero: One of the main themes of the franchise.
- Team Mom: Sailors Moon and Sedna.
- Team Spirit
- Third Eye: Hiei. Valmarmon.
- Wrath of Pharaohmon/Redux begins in March 2003.
- Invasion of the Rajita is in November 2003.
- Search of the Kuiper Senshi is in August 2006.
- The Taiyoukai Awakening is in October 2006.
- Across Dimensions take place in March 2008 of YYGDM-01.
- Summer Diaries/Special Edition take place in the summer of 2008.
- Dawn of Chaos is in March 2009.
- Siege of GranDracmon take place in August 2009 of YYGDM-01.
- Digimon Fusion Kai: D-Reaper's Fury take place in May 2009 of DF-616.
- Neos United is in April 2010.
- Valkyries Advent is in 2011.
- Cross Generations take place from June 2011 to May 2012 of DF-616
- Wrath of Defiants is in December 2012.
- Time Travel: The Signers and Neo Senshi went back to the present to help the heroes in Dawn of Chaos. Later on, the Duelists travels to Ancient Egypt, and the Nasca Lines to stop Professor Frank.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: How time travel works differs depending on who's using it. Chibi-Usa's time travel is generally paradox-free, as history is written as if she had always gone back in time. This allows her to visit the past frequently (as well as bring characters from the present into the future) without worrying about the future changing. That's not to say that the future can't be re-written. In Season 2, Kaiser Ghidorah was able to successfully kill Sailor Moon. (Supposedly, Sailor Sedna originally arrived in time to prevent this, but due to the intervention of The Prophet, Ghidorah was able to delay her enough for his plan to succeed.) When this happened, Neo-Queen Serenity and Chibi-Usa disappear a la Back to the Future. In Season 3, after Professor Frank travels to the past, the timeline is disrupted so much that it causes a temporal wave, which the Neo-Senshi and the Signers escape by entering the time stream before it hits them.
- Meanwhile, in the Future: The scenes in Crystal Tokyo/Neo Domino City are set 1000 years, to the day, after the scenes in the present. Also, Chibi-Usa seems to age the same amount between stories that the characters in the present do, suggesting that she always travels exactly 1000 years into the past.
- To Be Continued
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe: Duh, Japan is the main setting.
- Training from Hell: Anubismon does that in preparation for Pharaohmon's tournament.
- True Companions: As the heroes get to know one another, they are like family and will do anything to help each other's backs.
- Turtle Power: Henry Wong receives the power of Genbu.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born
- YellowKouInumon and BlackViximon
- Ryuuhi and Koori
- Amaya and Daiki
- Urban Fantasy
- Villainous Breakdown: Pharaohmon refuses defeat at the end of Season 1. Kaiser Ghidorah is this in Season 2 upon the rise of Yami Houou. Professor Frank in Chapter 56 of Season 3.
- War Is Hell: Armies fighting in Dawn of Chaos at the later stages.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Zagato believes that killing Ryo and Sedna would save the universe from a war between the humans and meta-humans.
- Cain Bearer is another main example of believing that superheroes are a menace to society.
- Wham Episode: The stories have a lot of these.
- Wrath of Pharaohmon/Redux
- Invasion of the Rajita
- Chapter 11: Kaiser Ghidorah kills Sailor Moon. OUR BELOVED SUPERHERO MURDERED.
- Chapter 18: Joey Wheeler is brainwashed by Kuiiza to be his dark soldier. Not even Marik can pull it off.
- Chapter 25: Kaiser Ghidorah kills Kuwabara and Cammy Hino, triggering Yami Houou's awakening.
- Chapter 27: Just as Rei overcomes Yami Houou's control, Suzaku possessing Takato kills her.
- Dawn of Chaos
- Chapter 11: Kaiba Manor is blown up.
- Chapter 36: The last Mao King, Necromon, reveals himself. Kotori becomes Necromon's undead warrior.
- Chapter 44: At the end, Dimitri attacks Sedna! By brainwashed no less.
- Chapter 48: The revelation of Sailor Chaos.
- Chapter 51: The Prophet and Jeremiah Grand are one in the same. Sailor Charon reveals herself as the murder of Cain's wife.
- Chapter 52: The awakening of Inumon and Phillipe's dark sides as DexInumon and the Black Panther.
- Chapter 53: At the end, Kotori Ayami is alive!
- Chapter 54: Valmarmon is revived!
- Chapter 55: Might be one of the most important chapters- Enma is killed by Arago and takes over Spirit World, thus ending the reign of the three old rulers. Ancientmon and his forces warn the digi-destined of someone pulling the strings behind Paradais and Ryo knows who it is. Sailor Senshi and Spirit Detectives have the resolves needed for the final battle. Valmarmon powering up his troops. Gamera's plan to terraform Earth. Finally, the Duelists arrive at Nasca Lines past to challenge Professor Frank for a final duel. It all goes down there.
- Chapter 57: At the end- Janyu Wong uses the Juggernaut on Sailor Charon and Prophet, that the blast results all three disappear.
- Chapter 61: The Prophet reveals himself to be Millenniummon. But the most surprising part of the story and the franchise at this point is that the heroes are banish to various dimensions such as Dragonball Z, Thundercats (2011), Justice League, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Wham Line:
- Wrath of Pharaohmon/Redux
- Invasion of the Rajita
- Chapter 11: "Princess Serenity, game over for you." Just before the death of a well known heroine.
- Chapter 25: "Hear me, primordial vermin. No longer am I the woman you knew! I am fire! And life incarnate! Now and forever - Sailor Mars is dead. I am YAMI HOUOU."
- Chapter 27: "SAILOR MOON, I DID IT! I'VE CONQU-"
- Dawn of Chaos
- Chapter 28: "D-Dimitri-kun..."
- Chapter 48: "Yes, I think playtime is over, dear sister." Before revealing her true self.
- Chapter 51: "Jeremiah Grand is no more. I am the Prophet of the Paradais Organization." and "...you... you're the one who... took my wife..."
- Chapter 52: "Now, I am DexInumon."
- Chapter 54: "I've been revived, I HAVE RETURNED!"
- Chapter 57: "DAD!"
- Chapter 59's preview for Chap 60 sums up these words: "The End of Days...is here."
- Yandere: Kuzuhamon.
- You Can't Fight Fate
- Youkai: Many of the YuYu Hakusho and demon cast.
- Zombie Apocalypse: In Dawn of Chaos, it shows Necromon's near-unkillable undead army. And in chapter 58, Madoudramon opening Digital Hell to release more, literal zombies.
One thing is for sure, we're in for a huge game changer that'll shape the rest of our lives. - Takato Matsuda (Wrath of Pharaohmon Redux, Final Chapter)