Fanfic: Following The Footsteps Of Destiny
Following the Footsteps of Destiny is a massive Digimon fanfic written by Broken Angel 01 that focuses on the children of the DigiDestined, taking place twenty-five years after the end of Digimon Adventure 02.Fifteen years have passed since the gates to the Digital World have closed, and the Digidestined have gone on with their lives, raising their families while keeping the Digital World a secret from their kids. However, everything changes one day when six of the kids receive Digivices of their own...This page is under HEAVY construction and will be updated in time, As will the character sheets.
Following the Footsteps of Destiny contains examples of:
- Always Identical Twins: Mickey and Matty.
- Big Bad: The Ruler of Darkness
- Berserk Button: Mickey and Matty being called a "clone", especially Matty.
- Broken Pedestal: Sam idolizes his father. Then he finds out about his father's past...
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience
Tai - Crest of Courage - orangeSora - Crest of Love - redMatt - Crest of Friendship - blueMimi - Crest of Sincerity - greenT.K. - Crest of Hope - yellowKari - Crest of Light - pinkKen - Crest of Kindness - violetIzzy - Crest of Knowledge - purpleJoe - Crest of Reliability - black
- Crests (original Digidestined)
Dai - Spirit Chip of Bravery and Digivice - RedMickey - Spirit Chip of Innocence and Digivice - OrangeMatty - Spirit Chip of Faith and Digivice - YellowRyoko - Spirit Chip of Loyalty and Digivice - BlueKara - Spirit Chip of Wisdom and Digivice - GreenSam - Spirit Chip of Compassion and Digivice - Purple
- D-Coders and Spirit Chips
Tal - Data Core of Valour - YellowKenji - Data Core of Integrity - OrangeInca - Data Core of Insight - BlueMai - Data Core of Spirit - PurpleSeta - Data Core of Optimism - Green
- Prime Digidestined Data Cores
- Cuddle Bug: Seemingly EVERYONE, but most notably the twins, Mickey and Matty.
- Fallen Angel: DarkAngelicmon
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Mickey and Matty have a tendency to do this whenever they're nervous about something.
- Five-Man Band
- Generation Xerox: The new Digidestined look just like their same-gender parent. When their parents' digimon first see them, in fact, they mistake them for their parents.
- Happily Married: All of the adult couples, which include those with non-Digidestined, such as Jun. (see Official Couple below)
- Hot Springs Episode: Chapters 222, 223, and 225
- Lethal Chef: Mimi, which could also be interpreted as a Take That to the real Distant Finale/"Where Are They Now?" Epilogue from the real Digimon Adventure 02.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: See the Character Sheet.
- Mama Bear/Papa Wolf: The Parents, of course!
- Official Couplenote
- Davis and Noriko
- Tai and Sora
- Matt and Mimi
- T.K. and Kari
- Ken and Yolei
- Joe and Jun
- Izzy and Mina
- Cody and Rosa
- Dai and Kara
- Ryoko and Ami
- Noah and Miya
- Matty and Taniko
- Prime Digidestined
- Tal and Inca
- Kenji and Mai
- Seta and Eri
- Oh Crap!: When the parents find out what the kids have been up to AND when the kids find out who exactly their parents are.
- Ken's reaction to Sam finding out that he was the Digimon Emperor.
- Older and Wiser: All of the adults, especially Davis.
- Our Angels Are Different: Gabrielmon, Angelicmon, Angemon, Angewomon, and Lucemon.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Vampiramon, BlackWidowmon, Jestermon, Spritemon, and DarkAngelicmon.
- Secret Legacy: The Digidestined decided not to tell their kids about the Digital World. Many years later, the kids are recruited to save the Digital World much like their parents were.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Sam talks to his dead uncle in a dream.
- True Companions: The kids were raised together so they're all close friends, except for Daichi and Ryoko. Naturally, that changes.
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: Set twenty-five years after Adventure02, or 2027 to be exact.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Works pretty much the same way it did in Adventure02, except that the parents are more suspicious.
- You Are Grounded: Daichi is grounded by his mother early in the story. However, after the Secret comes out, Noriko doesn't punish him any further.
- You're Not My Father: Ryoko doesn't quite say this, but he implies this during the "Digidestined Meeting" after the secret's out. Thankfully, he makes up with his dad.