Fanfic Recs: Storm Hawks
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Storm Hawks Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and WebsitesNone yet. Hospitality or Hostility? by Supergirl saves the world
- Recommended by: Midoriri
- Synopsis: A three-part-story, with different plots for each of the acts. Act One has the Storm Hawks stranded on a Terra with very suspicious-seeming natives, Act Two follows the group as they try to save one of their own from Demonic Possession and try not to get killed by him, and the third act features a battle over an ancient and powerful Terra.
- Pairing(s): None, though there is Ship Tease for Cyclonis/Dark Ace, Piper/Aerrow and Piper/Stork
- Comments: The chapters aren't very long and the writing-style is simplistic, but this is definitely one of the better "season three" fics out there. However, it is, sadly, a Dead Fic.
- Recommended by: Constantly Comic
- Status: Dormant (currently two-part, a third part was announced but never released)
- Synopsis: A RPG-esque story with a mainly OC cast and occasional hints of in-universe crossover (most notably a group of Terras based on The Legend of Zelda and the appearance of a character from Code Lyoko). Stars Kai, an Adventurer Archaeologist who was once Starling's apprentice, as he tries to find an Ancient ship of dangerous power on orders from Arygyn before Cyclonis or the Sky Knight Council can.
- Pairing(s): Starling/OC, Aerrow/Piper is heavily hinted.
- Comments: The chapters are kinda long and the author occasionally has dialogue issues, but the plot is extremely engaging. Kai is an interesting character, as are the other OC's that make up the core cast with Starling and Piper, both of whom stay in character. All in all, a great adventure fic. Unfortunately, it has been dormant for a very long time.
- Recommended by: Twiddler
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: 17 years after the fall of Cyclonia, a young Sky Knight with seemingly prophetic dreams of an approaching evil sets out to assemble a squadron and stop whatever his dreams are warning him about.
- Comments: A Doorstopper of a story about a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits and their quest to save the world. Don't let the OC-centric premise put you off — it's easily one of the best Storm Hawks fics out there. The characters, their relationships and dialogue, all feel incredibly real and are lovingly fleshed out. The writing is evocative and full of thought and feeling. It's a rollercoaster of emotions that captures everything from grief and rage to joy and hope, from extraordinary and humbling circumstances to the affections and annoyances of everyday life.
- Notes: Set in an AU due to most of it being written before the conclusion of the show. While the story has been dormant for years, the main plot and most of the denouement are complete.
- Recommended by: Midoriri, romantiCaveman
- Synopsis: When Stork must return to the Merbs' home terra, many secrets of the past are revealed, both for Stork and for others.
- Pairing(s): Piper/Stork, hints of one-sided Cyclonis/Piper
- Comments: What starts as a simple "pretend to be married" plot actually develops into something else, which is almost-unheard of. Short and sweet at only five chapters, the romance is there but not overly suffocating and it moves along at a reasonable pace.
- Recommended by: LeviticusWilkes
- Synopsis: "Sometimes, to see the best in someone else, you have to see yourself at your weakest." After an ambush, Piper is taken prisoner by Cyclonia. Watch as what could have been the Atmos's darkest hour, becomes a tale of trust, friendship, betrayal, and even love
- Pairings: Piper/Cyclonis
- Comments: A Piclonis fic that quickly evolves from cliched romance to a deep, thoughtful study of how people view their enemies, romance amongst a war, and the culture of Atmosia and Cyclona, with more then a few hints of a conspiracy thriller, and a heartfelt romance all at it's core. Certainly worth picking up, and a cracking good read.
- Has its own page