Fanfic Recs: Code Geass General Fics
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Code Geass
general fanfic, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own finding to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Code Geass: Lelouch of Britannia
by Calreflector (AU)
- Recommended by Lee, Guessmyname, Rogue 7, Raxis, xm0123, Kchasm, owlbot, L3wt, Unclouded TJ, GrieverVIII, Kodai Okuda, enviroguy
- Synopsis: This is the first of several Code Geass fics where Lelouch and Nunners remain royals, and the best of the bunch. Suffice to say that the author has some obvious knowledge of a certain German commander.
by Serocco. [Appears to be deleted]
Code Geass Funnies
- Recommended by Sledgesaul.
- Pairings: None so far, but there's plenty of Ship Tease.
- Synopsis: A Fix Fic that offers a different take on the Euphinator incident - by having the Special Administrative Zone blow up on its own without Lelouch's Geass pulling a 180 like it did in the series. It plans on diverging from the R2 plot once the Euphinator scene is through. Adaptation Expansion, both for the plot and the characters' backstories, is aplenty.
by Calreflector (AU)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Redemption
- Recommended by Lee
- Synopsis: A collection of oneshots by the genius that gave us Lelouch of Britannia. Though not 'finished' it's never guaranteed to get updated, so for now it settles into three stories: Schneizel uses the doujinshi market to destroy the rebellion, the Black Knights discuss the finer points of Knightmare based fanservice in the wake of Kallen's capture, and Schneizel and Clovis try to make Lelouch a ladies man. Oh so much Hilarity Ensues.
- As of April 2010, there is a fourth story, where Schneizel (once again) defeats the Rebellion by way of… Pizza? (Minor spoilers for late R2)
by Cortega (Post-R2)
Code Geass:The Iron Prince
- Recommended by Chetren, RagnarTheSemiGreen
- Synopsis: Here's the basic rundown: Lelouch gains Charles' Code and reawakens in an abandoned warehouse after being whisked away from the place where he got stabbed by Jeremiah. There he meets a weird and Straight Gay extradimensional being/God with whom he makes a contract with. Two years later, the world Lelouch built is slowly crumbling and he must "once again wear a mask to bring peace to the world."
by gameboy5432 (AU)
Code Geass: Timeless Imprisonment
- Recomended by Duras1989
- Synopsis: Your basic alternate reality fanfic in which Lelouch remains a prince,he hide's his face behind the Zero mask, which earns him the nickname "Iron Prince", also he sometimes calls himself Zero.
by Blazing Firefox (AU)
Code Geass: Rebellion on the Other Side
- Recommended by Moberemk, Kris Mahai
- Synopsis: A look at a slightly different version of the normal version of events, with the author's spin on the same basic storyline in the show. The biggest difference at the start is that Clovis knows Lelouch is alive, and the story keeps going from that.
by kaiser11492 (AU/AR)
- Recommended by Evil Panda
- Synopsis: After an incident involving Geass, Lelouch is plunged into a whole different world. While in this world, Lelouch encounters a resistance movement fighting against an oppressive empire. As a result, in order to survive and potentially return to his world, Lelouch must use his intellect along with the charisma of Zero to help the resistance movement achieve victory.
Suzaku of Japan
- Recommended by Hokuto
- Sypnosis: Snippets of Nunnally's life over the years.
by Inulovinkit (AU) - Chapter archive here
Scarred But Not Stronger
- Recommended by Frostpebble
- Sypnosis: The story of what would have happened if Suzaku received a Geass instead of Lelouch.
- Comments: Very well written and in character, possibly with more drama than the show itself, and of course has its share of funny moments. A lot of the original major plot points are included, but with a twist. Overall a great read; finally finished.
The Fool Ascendant
- Recommended by Candelabra, Drakyndra
- Synopsis: Suzaku delivers Nunally to the Emperor.
by Mikomi's Pen
- Recommended by Candelabra
- Synopsis: A general oneshot focusing on the relationship between Lelouch, Suzaku and Nunally, using Tarot cards for symbolism and diverging from canon after episode 25 of season one.
Code Geass: Age of the Chaotic Truth
- Recommended by Sikon
- Synopsis: The world two years after Zero Requiem.
The Power of Gods
- Recommended by Rabukurafuto and Entan
- Synopsis: Post R2. Twenty years after the end, Cornelia's daughter, Princess Ava li Britannia, is disgusted with the now-stagant Britannia. After getting a geass from "D.D." she goes to destroy Zero's lies with the most effective weapon of all: the truth.
Code Geass: Dirge of Daedalus
- Recommended by Jity
- Synopsis: Starting at about episode five of season one, this fiction focuses on Richilieu Marquis Le Dieu, a bored genius type, who one night receives a Geass from one O.O. With this new found ability, he finds himself further investigating the odd behavior of his classmate, Lelouch Lamperouge.
by Kodai Okuda
Code Geass Megiddo
- Recommended by: Little Serge, azul120
- Synopsis: Taking place 5 years after the end of R2, it basically takes not three but four ideas and runs with them: (1) What would the state of the world (politically and socially) be like in the near-future after Zero Requiem is completed? (2) What would happen is Schneizel broke free of the geass placed upon him by Lelouch? (3) What if the ancient Greek Gods and Heroes of myth were in fact Code Bearers and Geass users? and (4): What if Lelouch really did die, but then found a way to come Back from the Dead? The following story is a war of epic proportions, one that not only engulfs the Code Geass world, but implies the involvement of many others as well...
- With the main story now complete, the author has decided to write a collection of side stories, known as Code Geass: Chronicles of Tartarus. These stories mainly deal with things that would have bogged down the main storyline, such as the ultimate fate of Tartarus, some information on why Enoch got involved with the World of Geass (Chapter 1), and many things related to the Code Geass timeline. The forward also explains the reasoning behind the use of slightly-altered names in the story (Rivalz/Rivaltz, etc.).
by Wing Zero Alpha
- Recommended by: swtrooper42, RagnarTheSemiGreen
- Synopsis: In a For Want of a Nail story, Lelouch sticks around long enough at the finale of season one to make ensure the Black Knights victory before going after Nunnally. This has unfortunate implications as Schneizel orders the activation of Operation Nero, the detonation of all Sakuradite deposits due to the Black Knights' impending victory. Japan is virtually destroyed as a result and Lelouch is captured and has his memories altered by the Emperor. Eight years later, Lelouch is a brilliant general leading Britannia to victory against its enemies. But over the years, the remnants of the Black Knights have built up their strength in preparation for war with Brittania. All they need is a leader, and they know just where to find one.
by Gunpowder Gelatine
Code Geass: A Different Code
- Recommended by Marlee Cross
- Synopsis: Basically, Lelouch and Cornelia team up following Marianne's death to find her killer. It's really too early in the story to know exactly where it's going but by the looks of things, Lelouch and Nunnally won't get banished here.
Lelouch of the Revolution
- Recommended by Marlee Cross
- Synopsis: Instead of finding C.C. in the capsule at Shinjuku, Lelouch found and recieved his Geass from V.V. This is not the end to the deviations from canon either, which include Lelouch sparing a much more likable Clovis, Kallen discovering Zero's true identity much earlier as well as recieving a geass of her own, Mao tentatively joining Lelouch and Shirley's father surviving Narita. Honestly, nothing major has come of any of these things yet, however they are worth mentioning due to the fact that these things (the last two especially) rarely happen in Code Geass fanfics.
Lelouch of the Second Chance
- Recommended by Marlee Cross, Misticsan.
- Synopsis: Clovis discovers Lelouch and Nunnally alive in Area 11 long before Shinjuku ever happens and Lelouch winds up having to join the military so that he can be 'useful' to the empire (and also so the Emperor won't try and make use of Nunnally instead).
The Demon King
- Recommended by Drakyndra, neothoron, GrieverVIII, enviroguy
- Synopsis: A brutal slaughter at a combined Britannian/Black Knights military base sets off cracks in the fragile peace post-Zero Requiem. Zero, Nunnaly and the remaining Black Knights try to prevent war breaking out once more.
Of Monsters And Men
- Recommended by Nitramy, Fenrir
- Synopsis: Was Lelouch really evil? A post-R2 fic revolving around Kallen and her search for answers.
by Nate Grey
In the End
- Recommended by Anonymous
- Synopsis: A For Want of a Nail fic, with the initial change being Nunnally being one of the hostages at Lake Kawaguchi (along with Euphemia, Nina, etc).
Code Geass: Mao of the Deliverance
- Recommended by kyocat1, lulu_lover, blobugus911
- Synopsis: Seconds after the Demon Emperor's assassination, the world falls into chaos unlike the peace he had hoped for. Post R2 continuation. After all, brilliant schemes like the Zero Requiem do have a tendency to go awry. Alternates between Kallen, CC, Suzaku, Nunally and Lelouch's point of view. Updates WEEKLY.
by Kleptographer of Alternates
More than just a Man
- Recommended by The Letter D, Raineh Daze, RagnarTheSemiGreen
- Synopsis: Set before and leading into the series. After Mao is abandoned by C.C. for refusing to fulfill their contract, he sets out to save her from herself. During his search, he faces several challenges as he struggles to survive in the harsh world around him; his methods becoming increasingly questionable as his desperation grows.
I Heard The World
- Recommended by Gore17, delax
- Synopsis: "What would you give up for power?" "Anything." "Your existance as a human being?" "Yes." C.C. is not a simple immortal, but a vampire. What will change if Lelouch was no longer human when he rose up against the Empire and his father? Probably a harem.
Code Geass Reverse
- Recommended by ArcVaranus, Drakyndra, GrieverVIII, enviroguy, Ellamew
- Synopsis: AU. A twist of fate, a different world, and a familiar war. Kururugi Suzaku wages a crusade against the Empire of Japan and Lelouch Lamperouge struggles to find redemption for his own dark sins. The future can only accept one vision of justice, my friend.
- Recommended by R.G.
- Synopsis: Based on a picture on deviantART, role reversal AU, Oneshot. Nunally is the older sister to crippled, blind Lelouch. Kallen is in the Brittaninan army. Suzaku is a freedom fighter, out to change the resistance.
by Allora Gale
- Recommended by Marlee Cross, Candelabra, Eleanor, enviroguy, Moberemk, What Meme,AJC 46, Popthepuff.
- Synopsis: Lelouch had been quite happy with his life. Sure they were living in obscurity, but he and Nunnally were safe. All of that changes however, when his identity is revealed and Lelouch is forced back into the fold of the Imperial family.
Code Geass: Light in the Darkness
- Recommended by azul120
- Synopsis: AU from R2 Episode 19 What if someone had picked up Lelouch after the betrayal of the Black Knights and changed the course of his destiny with the help from those he would have never expected.
The Sum of Our Choices
- Recommended by: Unclouded TJ, GrieverVIII
- Synopsis: Like always, it is the split-second decisions we make under pressure that have the greatest of consequences. Given a choice between seeing his beloved sister die and saving her at cost of himself, Lelouch vi Britannia made the obvious decision.
- Recommended by: NotJMKeynes
- Synopsis: AU. The Black Rebellion has succeeded, and Japan is free. Lelouch Lamperouge thought being Zero the resistance leader was tough. Now, as Zero the statesman, he must rebuild Japan, keep the EU in the war, and keep his personal life under control.
Code Geass: Alden Of The Uprising
- Recommended by Moberemk
- Synopsis: After the fall of the 99th Emperor and one summer nursing a cold, Jeremiah stays home sick from Villetta's wedding. Introspective character study of Jeremiah as he stops to think about how two years have changed him.
- Recommended by fearjunkie
- Synopsis: A retelling of Code Geass in which the power of Geass was given not to Lelouch vi Britannia, but an average Britannian named Alden Pelham. Seeing first hand the discrimination and mistreatment of the Elevens, Alden begins fighting to bring freedom and equality while also struggling with his own morality.
- Recommended by Lustheron, Unclouded TJ, Kazeto
- Synopsis: Lelouch, long-lost prince, has been plotting his revenge on Britannia for years. But he's slowly realizing that his excuse for fighting has become more than just an excuse. Between his old anger and new purpose, which will he follow? AU, first person.
From The Ashes
- Recommended by WhatMeme
- Synopsis: Lelouch naturally is quite shocked when he finds himself in the Desert of Negev, 30 AD, after Zero Requiem. And why does that obscure preacher get the easy job - taking care of Nunnally - and Lelouch is going to get crucified in his place? Might offend.
by Tobi Tortue
- Recommended by WhatMeme, RagnarTheSemiGreen
- Synopsis: 1200 years after the end of Britannia's Golden Age, history and archeology student Phoenix Zero studies abroad in Eastern America, exploring the long-lost Royal Britannian Cemetery. What he uncovers is only the beginning of the adventure.
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Awesomeness
- Recommended by Moberemk
- Synopsis: Suzaku spends his days in opaque misery and his own brand of self-destruction. Somewhat unfortunately for him, Gino is not easily deterred. References to R2 Picture Drama 0.56 and the Rounds-themed light novel. Emotional constipation. Par for the course.
by Keith Fraser
Pizza Delivery is Serious Buisness
- Recommended by Oracle Seven, delax
- Synopsis: Lelouch Lamperouge, genius, warrior, leader, lover, and all-around badass goes through his morning workout routine, inspects his vast collection of hi-tech weaponry and greets his many girlfriends. Parody of common fanfiction cliches.
The First Servant
- Recommended by msqm, Arcvalons
- Synopsis: Faramond vi Britannia - the Crown Prince of the Britannian Empire, son of a mother and no father. Being restrained by his uncle's methods of education from his earliest wake moments, Faramond's only chance for freedom might be too grab Fortuna by her hair when a new, brutal war brings new opportunities. But also the secrets of the court weight at him: Who might be his father? What do the Knights of Rounds aim at? And what is that mysterious group around the Knight of One, Lord Gottwald? And then he encounters that mysterious, yet beautiful girl with the strange power - and just what is her connection to his possible father?
Code Geass Tertio Bello
- Recommended by Higurashiblood98
- Synopsis: At the SAZ ceremony, Zero and Euphemia have a talk in private. Lelouch agrees to help Euphemia with her plan of building a better Japan, in exchange for coming out of hiding as a prince and returning to the Royal Family. He discovers that balancing out dealing with being a prince, helping the Japanese and being Zero are not working out too well and learns that Euphemia's naive dreams may come at a high cost.
- Recommended by Higurashiblood98
- Synopsis: One year after the Zero Requiem, Jeremiah Gottwald's Geass Canceller accidentally affects Schneizel and eliminates the effects of Lelouch's geass, causing the madman to run amok. Meanwhile, Viceroy Nunnally is troubled by her brother's disappearance. Lelouch has awakened in a mysterious place and his geass is gone. Everyone else believes him to be dead, but it seems the world still needs him anyway.
by Lathe Joiye
Code Geass: Awesome of the Rebellion
- Recommended by Lustheron
- Synopsis: In which the Black Knights opposes to Lelouch, and C.C. writes this list of ironies. In memorium to Lelouch.
- Recommended by RipAndTear666
- Synopsis: AU where Lelouch has a half-brother named Awesome, who is almost exactly like him only better in every way. Loosely follows the same storyline as the original series.
- Recommended by firelordzuko
- Status: Abandoned
- Synopsis: Post R2. A splash of blood. A Demon King dethroned by a masked knight. It should have ended there: the scripted end to his play. Yet life someone stubbornly refused to let go, and the Demon became immortal, shut away from the light and wanting only to die. He has one more chance to end it all... too bad he ends making his contrast with a pacifist who insists she won't kill.
Code Geass: Colorless Memories
- Recommended by Higurashiblood98
- Synopsis:A complete parody and satire of the Code Geass series. Everyone's roles are reversed, as well as their genders. Lelouch is now a girl named Lucia who is an anime-hating, kick-ass, no-holds barred tough girl. One day, she obtains the powers of the miraculous Geese and decides to form the group Cheerio and the Serial Bites in order to wage war against Briticisms and free Japan and the Elvens-er, Elevens. Er, whatever the heck they're called again.
The World That I Knew
- Recommended by romancechina88
- Synopsis : A story about Rai on a quest to regain the memories he has lost about himself. Story closely follows the anime Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and the video game visual novel Code Geass: Lost Colors along with a few of the author's own twists added to the story as it progresses. Recently hit a wham chapter that leads to the story diverting from canon and from lost colors events to the authors own spin on both but staying true to the characters and the series as well
- Has its own trope page
The School's Heartthrob
- Recommended by azul120
- Synopsis: An AU fic where after the betrayal, Lelouch, in despair, leaves the world behind for five years only to find the world much worse state when he returns. A little OOC in terms of the depiction of Lelouch, but notable for the deconstruction of the Black Knights' siding with Schneizel, which in the 5 year time gap, results in the latter outing them as traitors against Zero to the rest of the world and making them into pariahs, effectively neutralizing them in the process. Ohgi does get a little Character Rerailment here, telling Villetta to get lost when she tells the truth about her acting as a spy on Lelouch during the year following the Black Rebellion.
by Dark Zero 1718
Knightmare Battle Tournament!
- Recommended by Skbc14pres
- Synopsis: Lelouch Lamperouge is Ashford Academy's heartthrob. Will he be able to survive the challenges ahead of him? Or will he not? ( AU. No war. Peace only) Read to find out!
- Recommended by Skbc14pres
- Synopsis: Set in an alternate universe, the characters of Code Geass are brought together thanks to a game called Knightmare Battle! This mecha simulation game becomes very popular thanks to the usage of the fictional knightmare frames as weapons and the popularity causes a national tournament to be held which brings all the characters to Tokyo for the Knightmare Battle Tournament!
- It has its own wiki page.