Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Maximum Ride Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by: Underwood
- This writer has written all sorts of good Maximum Ride fanfics — from funny parodies to heartfelt fluff to thrilling stories. One of her biggest series, the Asleep Quartet, has over 900 great reviews on Fan Fiction
- Pairings: Her favorite seems to be Miggy, though she does dabble in other pairings as well.
- Warnings: She has plenty of dark stories on her page. Mind Rape, mental illness, self-injuring, and even an implied rape scene all can be found in the Awake series. Taken is by far her darkest one, involving this troper's favorite character getting tortured by a madman. If you don't like that sort of stuff, she has lighter stories too, but it's hard to tell which is which from the description, so be careful.
- Recommended by Epitome O Random
- Pairings: Fang/Max, Iggy/Max
- Synopsis: Max experiences a miscarriage. Again.
- Comments: Short, dark, and very close to what would happen if The Flock did try to reproduce. Well written and with just a hint of Max/Iggy that gives it a little bit of a happier ending.
by Kimsa Ki-Lurria
- Recommended by Fishbird
- Synopsis: Iggy is captured and brought to Jeb. Faced with his mistakes, Jeb is forced to question his motives and actions of the past fourteen years. Who does he owe allegiance to? The School, his mutant son, or a winged boy determined to hate him? AU.
- Comments: If you're an Iggy, Ari, or Jeb fan this is definitely the story for you. The three are perfectly in character but slowly develop even more dimension then their original book selves. The other characters don't get quite as much attention but still are true to their original personalities. The plot is gripping and (mostly later on) full of heartwarming moments.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Aquatica1000
- Synopsis: An AU starting at the end of FANG. Max and Fang plan on keeping the Flock on the plan of saving the world by having Fang leave on purpose and pretending to break up. Soon after, the Flock go to destroy the school once and for all, but soon find that it's time for the next stage of the plan to save the world...
- Comments: A brilliantly written Maximum Ride fic. The characters seem believable (even the O Cs don't appear flat or Sue-ish!), and the plot starts wrapping up all the loose ends brought up in the first six books — including the truth about the By-Half Plan — while still delivering a few shocks of their own. All in all, it's hard to believe that this isn't written by James Patterson himself...
"Diary of a Lovesick Mutant
" by Phoenix Fanatic
- Recommended by purplemudkip
- Pairing(s): Fang/Max, some Iggy/Ella and one-sided Nudge/Iggy
- Synopsis: Read Fang's diary as he attempts to tell Max he loves her. However, due to an unexpected event, he must do so in one year...
- Comments: Set after the third book. This fic is absolutely packed with hilarity. It's very well-written, and the plot is original. It is one of the best fics I've read, and I've found myself laughing at what happens in here. The characterization is quite excellent.
Stories mixing with other canons.
Prophecy of Blood
by Gabriel Seraph
- Recommended by markl25
- Crossover with: The Mentalist
- Pairing: Fang/Max
- Synopsis: Patrick Jane and the CBI team find Max's dead body in the desert and try to solve her murder. Meanwhile, Fang repeatedly appears on scene and accuses his "dad" (Jeb) of the crime.
- Comments: Set in the year 2020, this story is very much AU for both the franchises it's based on - but Fang's inability to get hurt (at least by others) suggests that the details of Nevermore are influencing the story's direction. Trigger warning: there is a graphic scene of Self Harm. That said, it's a very good story so far, with many well-written moments including several Mythology Gags.