Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying repeatedly for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
No one would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Feel free to leave a review of any recommendations using the reviews section, if you do wish to leave a review please do make it substantive.
Authors and Sites
Best Workout Ever
- Recommended by Feranard Coldheart, Ninjat126
- Synopsis: What happens when a Dark Souls player gets warped into Dark Souls? Really, really bad things.
- Comments: Yes, it's a self-insert fic. But the author tells it pretty realistically by giving his Author Avatar realistic reactions to the events in the game. On top of that, he adds some very funny moments without taking away from the seriousness of the Dark Souls world.
- Seconded. Author Avatar isn't a Mary Sue without being useless, good humour while maintaining tension, characters have been portrayed well so far, and the author does a great job of giving a depiction of Lordran as if it was a real, living world, not a location in a video game. Even game mechanics are translated! The only problem: The author takes so long to update...
by The Extreme Piercing
Lady of Cinder and Fire
- Recommended by Thagomizer, Ninjat126
- Synopsis: More than once, Quelana wondered whether Nemeta was a trick played upon her by the Flames of Chaos, a beguiling, infuriating illusion that would lure her to oblivion.
- Comments: An excellent fic. Has some incredible world-building and twists on canon which all make perfect sense to the point of being Fridge Logic, some truly hilarious moments, and ending that is absolutely breathtaking. It's not without issues, namely in one severe out of character moment by the protagonist in order to drive the plot, but that should not dissuade you from reading this work.
- Seconded. Expands on the lore in ways that make sense, brilliantly keeps up characterisation on most of the cast (although there are some slips here and there) and really lets you get into the heads of our main duo, Ms. Of Izalith and our fearless Chosen Undead, Nemata.
- Recommended by Wild Card Courier
- Synopsis: An unfortunate Undead. Long forgotten lore of the past. An ancient land, hidden and filled with Hollows and worse. Accompany Claire OC , a Pyromancer from the Great Swamps on her journey to the cinder of the first flame.
- Comments: The story actually starts before the Chosen Undead even arrives at the Asylum, which is interesting. The plot follows a kindhearted and inexperienced pyromancer trying to survive the events of the game. There are some minor discrepancies, like food helping the Undead slow the hollowing process and the OC meeting Solaire before facing the Taurus Demon, but it makes for a better read than one would think.
by Queen Sydon
- Recommended by Dead Brain, Ninjat126
- Synopsis: Seek Guidance; Hurl Lightning Spear. Everything starts to make sense. Praise the motherf &*ing sun.
- Comments: Probably one of the best parodies I've ever seen. It keeps up with the game's pacing and lore, while poking fun of every aspect there is. It also has Solaire doing a suplex on Maneater Mildred. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU WANT?.
- At first, I was sceptical. Sure, a few good lines, but didn't seem like the author could keep the momentum. Then, along comes everyone's favourite Sunbro, the best Chosen Undead ever, and the abovementioned suplex. Give it a chance, it's worth the read.