Proof that the remaining 10% is worth swallowing a mouthful of stinging glow urchins for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Monsters University
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The Beginning of the End
- Recommended by: Fubuki
- Synopsis: “Scaring a child is easy. Scaring an adult is not. Scaring a child is natural. Scaring an adult has consequences.” Creepy horror story told from the point of view of one of the cops at the summer camp.
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Status: Completed
- Synopsis: MU story attempt written before the movie came out! Probably AU. Randy Boggs is a freshman in college and he plans to be the best of the best, but some obstacles stand in his way. I saw in the previews that Randall and Mike appear to be friends and this is my idea of how they broke off the friendship.
OC (Own Character)-Insert Fics
Stories focused on Characters created by the author(s) and how they interact with the canon characters of the story. Romance may be involved.
Life's a Scream!
by Cartuneslover17. Official Author's website: Link
- Recommended by: Commander145
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: (Description from Fanfiction.net:) Post-MU film/movie. A new semester starts at Monsters University, with the Oozma Kappa (OK) gang now back in the Scare Program and Mike and Sulley, despite expulsion, close by them every second of the way, it feels like it'll be a good year. Actually, it becomes interesting: the RENEWED Scare Games. That's not all, when a new student transfers from Fear Tech, Squishy's life changes even more.
- Comments: A well written, work-in-progress piece about Laura Sharp, a new transfer student who is an OC (Own Character) who adapts to life in Monsters University in the wake of the events that happened in the movie/film. As the story progresses, there will be new insight on the various members from the other Fraternities and Sororities in MU, as well as the Oozma Kappa gang who are back in the Scaring Program. Focuses on relationships between the various Oozma Kappa Fraternity Group members and their love interests, who are Own Characters (O Cs) too. Also expands on various characters' relationship with each other, such as Naomi's interest with Terry, and Randall's life after the events of the movie/film etc etc. Hints and references to the movie/film galore, and cameos/mentions of some of Pixars' characters from other films in funny ways.
- Now has its own page!