Proof that the remaining 10% is worth going to the Scream Extractor for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Monsters, Inc.
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Angela's Pet Monster
and it's sequels by DarkraixCresselia
Randall's New Take On Life
- Recommended by: Alyssa Macki
- Synopsis: When Randall is adopted by a lonely teenager named Angela, he swears to himself he wouldn't go soft like Sullivan. Will he keep his promise after he and his owner become best friends?
- Comments: A good series, though some complain about the pairings, I think they fit better for it. Randall's development is natural and the writings good, considering it was one of the author's first long-ish stories. The series holds up and stays mostly true to itself, not deviating from it's established cannon. Also, the inclusion of another MI characters is clever and well done. Now has its own page.
An Unlikely Bond
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: After Randall is banished, he intends to find his way back, willing to do whatever it takes to get revenge on Sully and Mike, but instead, he finds himself in the care of 5 orphans. Right when he is getting comfortable, an old friend/enemy arrives and history repeats itself.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Lost, then Found, but not Healed
- Recommended by Tropers/Kinola
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: An AU where Randall has already befriended Boo. But what happens when he learns that someone has brought her into his world. Now he must reunite with his friend and bring her home. All the while something sinister is hiding within the Company. Something that could change Monsters Inc forever. T for safety.
- Recommended by: bookwormgal
- Synopsis: Takes place right after Randall Boggs was illegally banished. A young Cajun college student saves him. She takes it upon herself to help this unknown creature.But he soon becomes a handful. Always degrading and being snarky, but she can't just kick him out.