Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by D 4 RKR 4 VEN
- Recommended by xbriannova
- Synopsis: This story was written as an unofficial sequel of the original movie, set 3 months after the events that transpired in Kick-Ass. Shortly after crippling the D'Amico crime empire, New York got over her sudden influx of superheroes pretty quickly after the said superheroes were either killed, wounded or discouraged on the job- Figured that includes Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl and Big Daddy. Crime and the Police returned to the streets with a vengeance, leaving no place for DIY superheroes. Knowing Dave Lizewski, however, we know he couldn't take that lying down, especially after what he found in his email accounts.
- Comments: Written entirely from a different angle, this story departs from the light-heartedness of the original and instead, leans on drama and the darker side of life for its points. However, fans would find that much of the same mood was retained- the action, realism and the stabs against typical Superhero tropes. The Spiralling casts some light on some areas not explored in both the film and comic series. This story adapts some elements from the comics as well, yet it has some originality in it as well.
by The New Frontiersman
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
The Case of the Santa Claus Strangler
- Recommended by Makokam
- Synopsis: This story was written as an unofficial sequel to the original comic. Dave is trying to move on with his life, both in and out of costume. Unfortunately, certain members of the Genovese family have unfinished business with him and another young costumed vigilante. Power and Impotence, Sanity and Madness, Consequences.
- Comments: Written with a unique and compelling stream-of-consciousness style, this story will keep you reading, whether you like it or not.
by Toronto Bat Fan
- Recommended by Makokam
- Synopsis: A year after the movie ends, Kick-Ass and Hit Girl have made a name for themselves on the streets of New York. However, only now do they get a chance to truly prove themselves as crime fighters when it's made painfully clear that someone has a grudge against jolly old saint nick.
- Pairing(s): Dave L./Kick-Ass and Mindy M./Hit Girl
- Comments: While not specifically a romance, sweet moments between Dave and Mindy are found in nearly every chapter. Great attention to detail is paid in all aspects and the narrative turns flawlessly from light and fluffy to nail bitingly tense.
- Recommended by 2wingo
- Synopsis: Taken from FF.net: "So, you meet someone who gets you. You have fun together, you like each other, and they're cute. But he says you're too young. What are you supposed to do? Just let it go?"
- Pairing(s): Dave L./Kick-Ass and Katie D., Dave L./Kick-Ass and Mindy M./Hit Girl
- Comments: A riveting tale done with the same realism as the source material, this fic blends bits and pieces from both the movie and the comic version of Mindy Mc Cready as she tries to piece together her growing feelings for Dave Lizewski, and the possibility that he may return them.
- Seconded by Alter Alias, Makokam really pulls off a great combination of funny and twisted that suits Mindy perfectly. You will find yourself cheering her on only to stop and think just how screwed up that is.