Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for My Life as a Teenage Robot
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Jenny's war trilogy
- Recommended by tropertea
- Comments: The only fanfic I find worth reading for this series, honestly. The author writes a believable, entertaining story while keeping the spirit of the show. His OC doesn't feel like an OC at all and adds quite a bit to the stories wothout feeling like it's been forced in to accomodate the chatacter. Good reading for passive fans of the show who wanted more continuity and character development.
by George P
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Edokage
- Synopsis: A war and a mandatory robot draft eventually teaches Jenny and her family about what being a soldier truly means. Part 1 is on the battlefield, part 2 is with Jenny's family and part 3 is after the homecoming.
The Mistletoe Trick
- Recommended by Froggo Fan 64
- Pairings: Jenny/Brad, Sheldon/OC
- Synopsis: After Jenny suffers serious injuries in a fire, Mrs. Wakeman transfers Jenny's mind into that of her brain-dead human daughter Jennifer.
- Comments: As the author puts it, this isn't your typical "Jenny turns human" fanfic, and for the way she does it here, it's pretty dang special. Notably, PhantomJunkie planned for this to be the first in a series of fanfics about Jenny's life as a human, but except for the below-listed "years later" spin-off and half of a story explaining Jennifer's accident, she has since put them on hiatus.
My Life As A Teenaged Von Neumann Device
- Recommended by Froggo Fan 64
- Pairings: Mainly two OCs, but also Jenny/Brad, Sheldon/OC, and Tuck/OC
- Synopsis: Jenny and Brad's future son, Greg Carbunkle, gets a special surprise from his classmate Gin Kohana on Christmas Day.
- Comments: This fanfic was inspired by this drawing I did (which itself was inspired by a gag comic strip in Nickelodeon Magazine), so of course I like it.
by Solomon Grundy
To Be Human
- Recommended by Andyroid
- Pairings: Jenny/Brad, later Jenny/Sheldon and Brad/Tiff Crust
- Synopsis: Jenny explores her developing sexuality, which leads to romantic entanglements with Brad, Sheldon, and the other leading men in XJ9's life.
- Comments: Lemon as hell, but it's also a brilliant bit of Porn with Plot in which Jenny discovers and deals with sex, and all the baggage that goes with it, and does a lot of maturing. Also features clashes with the Cluster, and Brit Crust's rivalry with Jenny coming to a violent, maddening head.
- Recommended by Nightshade1218
- Pairings: Jenny/Brittany
- Synopsis: Jenny wants to be human... to feel. But life is never easy, and the adventures that stem from these desires can be as disastrous as they are rewarding.
- Comments: Short, but wow, is it a ride. Contains sensitive subject matter.