Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexual*
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Conversion from the "Comments" section to the "Reviews" option is underway. If you are adding a fic, please help us out and use the new template-format on the Fanfic Recommendations Index Page. Please start moving your comments to the reviews sections as we will soon start removing them.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The in progress Bond 'verse series by Gamma Cavy, which currently consists of Side Effects of the Bond Bond Snapshots: Daisuke
and Bond Snapshots: Satoshi
- Recommended by Tiamat Dragon Queen
- pairing Daisuke/Riku at first but only given passing mentions. Mostly non existent. She can't write them.
- Synopsis Their families being bound to creatures of magic for centuries and having that bond break with the sealing of the Black Wings left some unexpected side effects in Daisuke and Satoshi... Between the wings, the Feather Flechettes and the mindlink they've become a force to be reckoned with.
- Comments It's alternatively lighthearted, serous, and engaging. Also includes a few datadumps on Hikari history that are now this Tropers personal headcannonn as well as a system for the strength of the artworks. Related to the above mentioned Hikari history is what's going on with the Hikari now, because Satoshi isn't the last. I opened the first story expecting another generic relationship drama and found something utterly unexpected but very plausible that got me hooked. She hand waves nothing, has good reasons for why Daisuke and Satoshi are no longer entirely human as well as the mindlink, and has managed to keep Dark and Krad in the story while still respecting the anime ending and without bringing them out of the Black Wings again, and has managed to keep everyone in character. Her illustrations of scenes and characters,the links to which can be found on her profile, are quite good for pics mostly drawn in colored pencil. She blends Anime and Manga cannon with a skill that I've seen very rarely, and her flight scenes are a joy to read. She also adds little details here and there, such as the fact that Daisuke and Satoshi molt in the spring, that make the world more solid and real. I look forward to the story she's hinted at in the end of Bond Snapshots: Satoshi being posted.
by Katherine Daystar
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Squallina
- Pairing(s): Daisuke/Riku, Satoshi/Risa; Dark & Krad, Dark & Daisuke, Risa & Dark, Satoshi & Krad
- Synopsis: Two years after the sealing of the Black Wings, a billionaire bent on reviving Dark's power sets his sights on Daisuke. Now Dark must choose: remain sealed to protect the world from Krad, or return them both to an Earth that doesn't want them back.
- Warnings: Graphic violence, heavily implied sexual abuse (OC x one main character), scientific interference.
- Comments: I opened this fic on a whim while looking for Dark & Krad fanfiction. I ending up staying up all night reading it, hooked on every happening. Although it often has more elements of realism than fantasy, the story is solid, addictive, and makes for an amazing fic that fits in with the D.N.Angel universe quite well. The author has even made nice fanart for the story, which can be found on the author's FFN profile. Despite the warnings, if you're a D.N.Angel fan then this fic is well worth the read!
- Recommended by Jaikeis
- Pairing(s): Satoshi/Daisuke, Daisuke/Riku
- Synopsis: The Second Hand of Time has been destroyed, yet the weirdness continues. The Niwa know something is wrong, but only one person has the knowledge to help them discover what.
- Comments: I am not exaggerating when I say that this is one of my most favorite fics ever. Not only is this long (over 150,000 words!), giving a very satisfying and plotty read, but unlike most fics of this pair, the twins are very much involved. Big, big, big bonus points for Daisuke having a very, very good reason for breaking it off with Riku, too. Be warned that there are some dark themes in the form of violence and references to suicide.
by H.E. Gray
- Recommended by yro
- Pairing(s): Satoshi/Daisuke, Krad/Daisuke
- Synopsis: Trapped in a mirror with Krad, of all people, Daisuke Niwa finds out that sometimes it's hard to tell what's real and what's not.
- Warnings: non-graphic slash, heavy on the angst