Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The Schoolkids Saga
- Recommended by Shay Guy
- Synopsis: The Schoolkids Saga is the Megatokyo fic. Essentially a huge-ass Lower Deck Episode focusing on the most minor characters in MT canon — the students of Great Teacher Largo's class — Philweasel goes into insane amounts of detail about characters who have no characteristics in canon other than "the tall girl," "the meganekko," or "the girl with over 350 people on her buddies list."
- Comments: If the various sections are counted as separate fics, this is one of the most mind-boggling Fan Verses around. Plus it has an actually fanservice-free lesbian relationship...from a male author.
, by Brent Dax
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Felinephoenix
- Synopsis: Years later, Largo and Miho run into each other on a flight to a gaming tournament.
- Comments: A fantastic look at what a more mature Largo would be like, with a few (kind of deconstructive) glimpses at just how far his obsession with hunting "zombies" could go, and the terrible consequences that could have on the people around him. Oh, and the awkward-slash-guilty dynamic between Miho and Largo is great too.
- Oh, and the sequel Forgiveness where Piro forgives Largo for getting him hit by a car is also good.