Proof that the remaining 10% is worth having an accident due to card games on motorcycle for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The Dragon's Ring
The Neo Domino Purge
- Recommended by Desert Echo
- Synopsis: Everyone on Satellite wants to escape the city. Two actually make it. Two escape the city jail. And Yusei is offered everything he ever wanted - provided he can gather them before time runs out and Utopia becomes a nightmare.
- Pairings: Jack/Carly, Ushio/Mikage
- Status: Complete
- Comments: One of the best AU stories this troper has read ever that starts when Carly is arrested during her first week at Neo Domino City for being at the wrong place at the wrong time and is taken to Satellite. There she meets Jack, who hadn't betrayed his friends yet, and with whom she formulates a plan to escape the island. That simple action sets off a giant chain of events which forces Goodwin and the Dark Signers to make their moves early, in turn changing the way the Signers are drawn together as well as other plot elements. The plot threads are woven together wonderfully and SilverMoon manages to give depth to previous Flat Characters like Devak, while portraying Scrappies like Aki and Crow so well that you actually end up liking them (or at least hating them less). The Odd Friendships that form among some of the most unlikely people are some of the most heart-warming ones this troper has ever seen. The duel scenes manage to be entertaining without overbearing and are as easy to see as if you were watching them on television. Very, very highly recommended.
by Cute Yami
The Blood of Kings
- Recommended by Starry
- Synopsis: An AU that branches off around episode 8 of the anime. Rex Godwin plans to eliminate Satellite in order to reveal the other Signers. While the dueling armies of Satellite and Neo Domino clash, Yusei and company plans their escape...
- Comments: One of the best 5D's fanfics that doesn't have shippings. Characterization is great and many minor characters have more focus. Coupled with a darker storyline, its worth a read.
My Dark King
- Recommended by DaveTheAnalyzer
- Synopsis: Fantasy AU. Being king is hard work. Jack is doing his best to rule his war-torn kingdom while dealing with his upcoming marriage and the uprising of a mysterious cult. More than one person wants him dead, but only one is trying to kill him...
- Comments: Silvormoon's first multichapter story into the 5Dsverse and by the looks of things, it's looking quite excellent. It has Carly and Jack as the central characters, with everyone else playing an important role in the plot unleashed by a certain pair of brothers. I highly recommend you read it!
- Recommended by Lale
- Synopsis: AU based on if the alternate future shown in Episode 58 came to be and how. "In a World where Dark Carly succeeded in turning Jack to her side, the remaining Signers are left bereft and hopelessness descends. Earth's only chance for survival lies in the love that the Dark King and Queen share, a love that has survived even death."
- Comments: While Jack/Carly is a major part of this story, it's driven by conflict and action far more than shipping, and plenty of other characters besides the main pair are treated just as importantly as they are. It provides excellent characterization for everyone but particularly for the other Dark Signers, Yusei, and Ushio, and every chapter is expertly written. It is honestly the best 5D's fic I've found yet.
by Cyber Commander
Shadowchasers: Power Primordial
- Recommended by Kingofsouls
- Synopsis: A 5D's fic that takes place behind the scenes, through the eyes of a special "law enforcement" group that keeps taps on the creatures you can't see. Works page here.
- Comments: A very good story. Cyber commander actually makes the card games played throught the story have actual meaning to the plot. The characters, which are OC's, feel very well developed thought the story, and the story has some pretty good twists to it.
by Cyber Commander
- Recommended by Kingofsouls
- Synopsis: A sequel to Shadowchasers. If you liked the original, you're in for a good read.
- Comments: Has a little bit of the GX people from space theme but strangely fits. If you liked Shadowchasers I suggest you read this one as well.
by Von Gentlemen.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Dreamaniac
- Synopsis : An Original Character fanfic, Acceleration Glory focuses on intentionally overdramatic duelist Andre as he attempts to make a claim to fame in New Domino City's Prosperity Cup.
- Comments : Even though it's only up to the fourth chapter, Von Gentlemen's talents as a writer are clear. While he occasionally repeats himself or engages in Purple Prose, Von Gentlemen's talents for establishing characters and writing dialogue are abundantly clear.
by Anime and Manga Fan
- Recommended by Gryphus
- Pairing(s): Ruka/Tag Force MC (Named Kaze)/Sherry
- Synopsis: Ruka couldn't help but develop a crush on her savior, but when a certain blonde gets in the way, how will Ruka handle the jealously?
- Comments : Probably one of the best Tag Force fics i've ever seen. It succesfully manages to combine both the game and the anime in one. It also includes not only part of Ruka and Sherry storylines in Tag Force, but also takes elements of other storylines, like Kaze being a Duel Bot in Placido's Storyline. Overall, is highly recommendable to read it.