Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance. Paperwork by Kirixchi (Link)
- Recommended by: Kchishol, lindabhair
- Synopsis: Having just gotten over his initial shock with the modern world, Cap has to deal with the one constant in the military in any age, the bureaucracy, which now has the headache of processing an officer who has been out of action for 70 years and technically up for retirement despite his true physical age is still in his 20s.
- Recommended by: Omar The Bruce
- Synopsis: Somewhat withdrawn after months of living in a SHIELD facility in the present, Steve visits the last remaining member of his wartime companions.
- Recommended by: Omar The Bruce
- Synopsis: Sequel to the above. After a few further months of living in present under a cover identity, Steve goes on a cross-country trip against SHIELD's wishes to fulfill a promise he'd made long ago, while agent of SHIELD try to track him down before he gets to his destination.
- Synopsis: Steve Rogers is determined to join the Army and go off to war. Bucky is concerned what will happen if she's discovered. rule!63 Steve.
- Recommended by: Lavanya Six
- Synopsis: Stephanie Rogers goes into the chamber. Somebody they decide to call Steve Rogers comes out. Genderswap-ish Captain America with lashings of comic canon. Also, the pronouns, as you can imagine, are a mess.
- Recommended by: Mandichaos
- Synopsis: SHIELD did its best to help Steve Rogers adjust to modern society. Too bad they forgot to warn him about the 24 hour news cycle. Oops.
- Recommended by: The Wild West Pyro
- Synopsis: Hydra has bases all over Europe and the newly formed Howling Commandos have their work cut out for them. A story about the Commandos as there are not enough of them.
- Comments: One of the best Captain America fanfics out there, and one of the very, very few centered around the Howling Commandos. Any fan should definitely check it out.
- Recommended by roseunity
- Synopsis: Johann Schmidt, aka the Red Skull, finds himself lost and alone on a dead world following his last conflict with Captain America aboard the Valkyrie. Watch his downward spiral into madness as he comes to realize everything he believed in is a lie. And what new and terrible thing emerges from that revelation. A Fan Fic made to answer one simple question Whatever Happened to the Red Skull?
- Status: Completed
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast. Steve meets Girl by Jack Borroughs
- Recommended by: Big Fudge From Kansas City, West Keyes
- Pairing(s): Steve Rogers/Sharon Carter
- Synopsis: Steve's attempts at tackling dating in 21st century, where the object of his attention is Peggy's grand-niece, SHIELD Agent Sharon Carter. Featuring Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Sam Wilson as the snarky best friends.
- Recommended by: genisgone
- Pairing: Steve/Bucky
- Synopsis: Post-Captain America: Winter Soldier recovery fic. But so much more than that.
- Recommended by: Rose And Heather
- Pairing: Peggy Carter/Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes
- Synopsis: Three months after the crash of the Valkyrie, in a world where Bucky never fell from the train, Howard Stark's efforts pay off: Steve Rogers is found in the ice. Peggy's first instinct is to focus on him, and screw the rest of the world — but the rest of the world isn't playing ball, and an anti-HYDRA mission to the Soviet Union, accompanied by one James Buchanan Barnes, will change the lives of three people forever.