Geeky, fannish twentysomething with a penchant for period drama, romance novels, undying loyalty, true love, partners-in-crimesolving, anything penned by Heidi Thomas, Steven Moffat
, and/or Aaron Sorkin
, and boys who love each other. (Also girls who love each other, and boys and girls who love each other.)
Fandoms include Call the Midwife
, Honor Harrington
, Babylon 5
, Major Crimes
, The Newsroom
and Robin Hood
in its many incarnations
Proud member of FoRKS
See you around.
- Achievements in Ignorance: "Here, ride this horse you've never ridden before for our end-of-camp show," said my riding instructor. "Okay!" said I. Seven attempts and one successful jump later... "Oh, that horse has never jumped before," said that same cheeky instructor. A Flat "What." was my response.
- Affectionate Spitfire
- Appointment Television: Sherlock, Call the Midwife, and The Newsroom.
- Berserk Button:
- Big Sister Instinct: Mess with my brother? Prepare for pain.
- Born in the Wrong Century
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Certified genius. Decent-but-not-exceptional at school, except when I feel like trying.
- Catch Phrase
- "When I start caring, I will be sure to let you know."
- "Christ on a bike!"
- Daddy's Girl
- Deadpan Snarker
- Death Glare: Reputed to have one that can stop a full-grown horse in its tracks. At the very least, it's good for quelling fathers who think they're funny.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Flame Bait: The Camilla vs Diana debate is strictly forbidden at family gatherings. I'm firmly on Camilla's side, mother is firmly on Diana's. The results of that particular debate are... ugly.
- Game of Nerds: Natch. Red Sox Nation, baby. Baseball is the sport of the intelligentsia. No matter what the English say.
- Geeky Turn-On: I first fell for my sort-of probably future boyfriend when he used a semicolon correctly. Yes, really.
- I Just Write the Thing: Any fanfic involving Barbara Havers.
- I Knew It: Predicted Castle's (real) middle name of "Alexander" months before it was made canon. Also called the Melissa Mailey/James Nichols romance in 1632 in the space of about twenty pages.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Am good friends with three of my former teachers, including two from nursing school.
- Jerkass Fašade
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Kindly Veterinary Nurse
- Must Have Caffeine
- Not a Morning Person: The kindest thing I've ever said to someone who woke me up before I wanted to be woken up was, "Get the hell out of my room." (My usual response is a Cluster F-Bomb, followed by flipping the bird and yanking the covers over my head.)
- One True Pairing: Thomas Lynley/Barbara Havers, from The Inspector Lynley Mysteries. The amount of fic I've written for the two of them outstrips the amount of fic I've written for all other fandoms combined by a margin of at least two to one.
- One True Threesome: Jack O'Neill/Samantha Carter/Janet Fraiser, from Stargate SG-1.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Don't mention Augustus Khumalo, Michael Oversteegen, Thomas Theisman, Eloise Pritchart, Sonja Hemphill, Barbara Havers, or Melissa Mailey unless you are prepared to endure a torrent of innuendo-laden fangirling. It's for your own sanity.
- Rail Enthusiast: Though not an actual trainspotter.
- Real-Life Relative: To Somerandomdude.
- Sarcasm Mode: Constantly.
- Serial Tweaker
- Single-Issue Wonk: Well, double. I openly adore every aspect of the Doctor Who reboot except for a) the fate of Donna Noble and b) what the Doctor did to Harriet Jones. Any attempt to justify either results in a cataclysmic explosion of epic proportions.
- Stepford Snarker / Stepford Smiler
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Uptight Loves Wild
- Wiki Curator: For everything Inspector Lynley and everything Honor Harrington, as well as Call the Midwife when it's airing.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: I thought I was "Wild" in Uptight Loves Wild. I was wrong.