Tropers / The Wild West Pyro
Hi there! I'm The Wild West Pyro. I joined TV Tropes because...well, there was something very addicting about it, and I needed to recommend a fanfic for Team Fortress 2
. I was one of the players/Metaguards in The Wall Will Fall
My hobbies consist of reading, drawing, listening to music and gaming. I'm a history buff too. Military history is one of my main areas of focus (particularly small arms and their contribution to turning the tide of battles), and some areas that I'm interested in are World War One
, the Spanish Civil War
and the Second Sino-Japanese War
. I'm also generally interested in modern history as well, with my focus revolving around the world from the 1910s to the 1970s.
Regarding tropes, I'll be most active on the Cool Guns
page, as I, well, really like guns and often add pictures to the subpages. I'll also be active on the trope page of whatever work of fiction or historical period interests me at the moment.
I was born in Hong Kong, and spent most of my life there. I'm currently attending college in America.
Tropes that fit me:
- Book Worm: Even though gaming is fun, reading is still my favorite hobby.
- Bottomless Magazines: Zig-zagged. My Metaguard character has infinite magazines, shotgun shells, revolver ammunition, stripper clips and quick-change barrels, but I still need to reload when my gun runs dry or change barrels when my machine gun overheats.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I am one, as a Metaguard and in Real Life, although the latter is way more calm.
- Cool Horse: One of my Metaguard powers is to summon a very friendly and cheerful white mustang named Basil, who shares the same immunities as me and can burst into flame when he wants to.
- Genre Savvy: Well, reading TV Tropes a lot comes to this!
- Handwraps of Awesome: On my Metaguard character, and fireproof too.
- Immune to Bullets: Aside from that, my Metaguard character is also completely immune to fire and heat-based weapons, including lasers. However, I can still be slowed or stunned by heavy gunfire and hurt by powerful enough explosions.
- Playing with Fire: My Metaguard character has complete control of fire, from simple fireballs to stopping volcanic eruptions. I can also manipulate fire to only harm enemies or a specific target.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Agreed!
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Although I prefer bolt-action rifles, these are cool too.
- Weapon of Choice: My Metaguard character uses several guns for specific roles, inside a storage deck. All of them can be converted to fire non-lethal rounds as well.
- The Colt Single Action Army, Artillery Model◊, in .45 Colt as my main sidearm.
- If more rounds and shorter reloading time is needed, I'll use a SIG-Sauer P226 in 9x19mm Parabellum.
- In the event I lose all my other guns, I have a Glock 26 in 9x19mm Parabellum as my ranged backup plan.
- A M3A1 submachine gun in 9x19mm Parabellum for indoor fighting. It can also be suppressed◊ for stealth missions.
- The M4A1 Carbine in 5.56x45mm NATO for modern war zones with a vertical foregrip, adjustable crane stock and accessory rail. The carrying handle has been removed and replaced with a fixed rear sight◊. The M203 underbarrel grenade launcher can be attached if needed◊.
- The Type 24 rifle in 7.92x57mm Mauser, used in historical note war zones, Jungle Warfare and fighting zombies, as well as being my default primary weapon. The HY1935 bayonet can be attached if needed.
- The Shotgun from Team Fortress 2 for fighting monsters. It can be converted to fire a wide variety of loads for destroying demons, vampires, werewolves, mummies and other assorted horrors when 12 gauge buckshot isn't enough.
- The ZB vz.26 light machine gun in 7.92x57mm Mauser when More Dakka is needed, defending positions and as an Anti-Air weapon.
- The Scorch Shot flare gun for calling reinforcements and signaling.
- My melee weapon, as created by Rabby, is a flaming lasso that can be used for mundane uses and combat ones, such as disarming, tripping or restraining opponents. The lasso (and fire attacks) are used in the event when something is Immune to Bullets, Guns Are Useless or when someone would be uncomfortable seeing one in use.
Hello there Pyro :D ~ Scarab
Heya, Pyro! Good luck with your tests! :D - Victin