Proof that the remaining 10% is worth becoming a superhero for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Marvel Cinematic Universe
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Author and Websites
Avengers Fanworks Search
- Recommended by Pitac89
- Comments: Your standard fic finders comm on livejournal, a requirement for every fandom, if you lost a fic or just want to wander through to see if anythings interests you.
Recommended by Jedi Vulcan
First Impressions and Second Chances Series
- Synopsis: They thought defeating him was hard? That was nothing. Try babysitting him. Loki is placed under house arrest at Tony Stark's Malibu home, under the supervision of the Avengers. Slightly OOC AU Hilarity Ensues.
- Comments: This story is pretty much one long extended Crowning Moment of Funny. Some of the Avengers are slightly OOC, but this just serves to make it even funnier. Highly recommended and excellent for a laugh.
Recommended by Pitac89, Komodo Classic
Heroes For Hire "Movies"
- Synopsis: The Avengers are over protective of one another, we all know that. But when misunderstandings lead to flawed beliefs of who a person is, and when others are judged for misguided actions carried out without thinking, it's hard to know who to protect and defend.
- Comments: Misunderstandings abound, and Steve's issues and Tony's lack of self-esteem don't help matters.
- Seconded completely, but warning: this is not a happy fic. It's full of angst, and a total Tear Jerker. It is totally worth the read, but have some tissues on hand, just in case.
- Has its own tropes page.
Iron Fist The Movie
Luke Cage:Hero For Hire
Heroes For Hire: The Movie
Recommended by AP
- Synopsis: A series of "prose-based fan movie scripts" that take place within the Marvel Cinematic Universe that features MCU takes on the Immortal Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Contains many references and character cameos from the Avengers films.
- Comments: All three stories are complete. It seems like more could be on the way.
- Luke Cage Returns is now being written.
Recommended by Wild Goose
The Twice-Told Tale
- Synopsis: Heroes In Manhattan: From Captain America's Hidden Talents To The Truth About The Hulk, We Debunk The Myths And Expose The Daily Lives Of The Avengers.
- Comments: An in-universe newsmagazine article on the Avengers, in the wake of the Battle of Manhattan. Very much a gen, team-focused story, with a particular surprise twist at the end.
Recommended by Pitac89
- Synopsis: For someone he'd hero-worshipped for so long, Steve Rogers in the flesh is a pretty big disappointment. For one thing, he keeps looking at Tony as though he reminds him of someone else, and even if he never says anything, Tony's pretty sure it's his father. A lifetime of not measuring up to Howard's expectations is more than enough, thank you very much, and he's certainly not going to make an effort to live up to any of Steve's. Steve's pretty clearly failed to live up to his expectations, in any case, and that's not hypocritical at all.
- Pairing: Steve Rogers/Tony Stark
- Comments: No real spoilers for The Avengers, but a few for Captain America: The First Avenger. Overall a good fic, with good characters and a strong story.
- Recommended by: SAMAS
- Comments: It's a simple transition on the surface: What if you gave the Avengers Pokémon? But under the surface, the relationship between the heroes and their animal-like friends grows into a big part of their history: Tony poses on the red carpet with his father's Ninetales. Steve Rogers is reunited with the Growlithe that's been by his side since the Great Depression, now a massive Arcanine. Pokemon are rare on Asgard, and Thor finds himself attracting a lot of baby Electric types. Not to mention Mewtwo and Absol: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!