Fanfic Recs: Castlevania
It was not by Sturgeon's Law that these fanfics are once again given mention. They were added here by humans who wish to pay them tribute. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Castlevania fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and WebsitesNone yet. Castlevania: All His Engines" by Legend Maker
- Recommended by Gamerex27, seconded by Yuihime, thirded by Kazeto
- Synopsis: "For centuries, Dracula has warred upon humanity. For centuries, Dracula has been certain in their inferiority. For centuries, Dracula has never been proven wrong. Dracula is about to get a different answer to his question of what a man is..."
- Comments: This is an amazing oneshot, with some of the most incredible characterization that this troper has ever seen. It really delves into the mind of Dracula, and the OCs are all believable and realistic by Castlevania's standards.
- Kazeto: While the story is not what I had been hoping for when I had stumbled upon this fiction (and at that time I was looking for heavily psychological and/or philosophical fictions, with this fiction not being heavy), it is still a very pleasant read. I recommend wholeheartedly to every person familiar with Castlevania lore.
- Recommended by Tailikku
- Synopsis: "Dracula's castle has risen again, and dark forces are at work. It's up to Jonathan, Charlotte, the Lecarde sisters, and two familiar friends to traverse Castlevania again and put an end to the horrific plans of an almost as familiar enemy from ages past."
- Comments: Excellently written. This story manages to act as a sequel to Portrait of Ruin by including elements from other games, notably Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Symphony of the Night, and Lament of Innocence. Also pokes fun at bad translations from previous games and makes nods towards the horror films that inspired the series in the first place.
- Status: Complete
- Has its own tropes page currently in progress.
- Recommended by Draconic
- Synopsis: "Mina POV. For love, he declared war against God. For love, he declared war against mankind. What would he do if he ever lost her again?"
- Comments: A beautiful story that elegantly ties Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow directly to Lament of Innocence and onward to Symphony of the Night. It acts as a sequel to Dawn of Sorrow as well, making it perfect for fans of Soma, and as it's told from Mina's perspective, her fans will fall in love with this fic very quickly. It also features Julius, Yoko, Arikado/Alucard, and even Hammer; the entire cast of protagonists from Aria & Dawn, really. It displays Soma's connection to Dracula through Mina's point of view in a very clever way, as well as drawing a very sympathetic Mathias/Dracula, even while showing his ruthlessness as a vampire.
- Status: Complete
- Recommended by xandermartin98
- Synopsis: In the year 2015, Dracula teams up with Death and Alucard to destroy the Twilight book series for good and also kill the evil witch responsible for writing it.
- Comments: This fanfic's storyline has a nice blend of humor and horror, it has the perfect length to read in one sitting, and it has a lot of impressively true-to-life elements to it. Its portrayals of Dracula, Alucard and Richter are also excellent homages to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It also has a very unique and interesting real-life modern setting that you wouldn't expect any mainstream Castlevania adventure to take place in. To top it off, it has very well-written characters considring its genre and length. It is easily worth reading just for the final battle scene alone.
- Crosses Over With: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Recommended by bifferboffer
- Synopsis: Canterlot Castle has vanished overnight, and a strange new castle has taken its place. Upon investigating, Twilight Sparkle finds that a new evil has been unleashed upon Equestria. Does she and her companions stand a chance against the evil of Count Dracula?
- Comments: Instead of going for action, the author instead heads into a straight-up horror story. While there is plenty of action, there is much more in the way of scares.
- Now has it's own page.
- Crosses Over With: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
- Recommended by: SAMAS and Draconic
- Synopsis: Soma Cruz is called to investigate the cause of a sudden unnatural eruption of plant life. He soon finds himself in the middle of a struggle between children for artifacts of unimaginable power, artifacts more local forces of darkness start to take an interest in.