Fanfic Recs: The Muppet Show
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth getting heckled by Statler and Waldorf for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Muppet Show fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by leaving a review or just adding your name to the recommendations line. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and WebsitesMuppet Thorby Caanan
- Recommended by Dreamer
- Synopsis: A crossover between The Muppets And The Thor movie. The characterizations are great, and there's a really sweet scene in the end involving Kermit going back in time to see Jim Henson for one last time
- Roo: It's a 24-hour comic, and a pretty sweet and funny one at that. Gonzo's personality seems a little off, taking the Deadpan Snarker route a little too far (the lines are funny, but don't really fit Gonzo — they would have worked better if it had been Rizzo who said them), but that's a nitpick. This is definitely worth a read.
- Recommended by beeruckz
- Synopsis: Kermit has been serving the military as a soldier for about 10 months when he's honourably discharged due to a shoulder injury. Yet the guilt refuses to leave him because of something he's done... Now has its own page.
- Recommended by Screwy Sqrl
- Synopsis: between the departure of Dr. Pulaksi and the return of Dr. Crusher, this Star Trek: The Next Generation / The Muppet Show crossover fanfic premiered in the very early days of the internet (1989!) when the new Doctor on the Enterprise is Doctor Bob.
- Recommended by Roo
- Synopsis: It's a spoof of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, only with Muppets instead of Toons. Original Character Sam Klubb, Expy of Eddie Valiant, finds himself not only stuck with Kermit the Frog who's being framed for the murder of Rachel Bitterman, but also having to find the missing will of Jim Henson in order to save the Muppets from the tyranny of Jareth the Goblin King, the newly-appointed High Judge of the Muppetville Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Comments: Fair's fair: For a spoof, this story is a little too faithful to the original movie, to the point of re-hashing a number of the jokes and gags, and sometimes the Muppets of the story feels more like Toons than Muppets — a little more originality would have been good here. I still recommend it, though, because the real fun here is the tons of Muppet characters who show up for bigger or smaller cameos. From well-known Muppets to the most obscure ones, characters from just about every Jim Henson-produced show appear; not only The Muppet Show and Sesame Street, but also Fraggle Rock, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas , Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Dinosaurs and several others — even Yoda puts in an appearance as the honorary "Elder of Muppetville."
- Recommended by beeruckz
- Synopsis: It had been ten long, lonely years. Ten years without a Muppet movie, a Muppet television show, or much of anything else.