Fanfic Recs: Sakura Wars
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Sakura Wars fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Jill M (The entire story)
Authors and WebsitesNone yet. Part One, Part Two) by Elsa Bibat
- Recommended by Looney Toons
- Synopsis: It is 1927, and Sumire Kanzaki will never fight or sing with the other members of the Hanagumi Teikokukagekidan again — because after five years spent dreaming their adventures together every night as she slept, the Dream has finally ended. She must resign herself to being not the beautiful heiress and talented performer she was there, but the dumpy, ugly middle-class girl she is in "real life". Until by chance she encounters another member of the Hanagumi just as trapped in the real world as she is...This fic is part of a Sailor Moon-centric Mega Crossover Fan Verse; however no knowledge of the series is required.
- Recommended by Ominae
- Pairing(s): Does have some Ogami/Ayame and later on Ogami/Kaede, although the story gets to that part later on.
- Synopsis: Takes place after the first four Sakura Taisen games, but before the events of V. It shows Ogami's slight guilt of not moving on following Ayame's death after she turns into a demon. It's a literal Journey to the Center of the Mind for Ogami as he's shown a 1920s Japan that is Darker and Edgier if he didn't take on the covert post with the Imperial Assault Force.
- Comments: An interesting story since it focuses on Ogami's thoughts on whether his presence in Tokyo does affect the lives of others, especially the Fujieda sisters since Ogami feels a bit guilty for not trying to save her life, thinking about her as his first love. I must warn you that the fic is very, very dark in terms of people dying like Yoneda and Iris, which partly contributed to the disbanding of the force in an alternate 1920s Japan without Ogami's "presence". I recommend this if one would like to look at his relationship with the Fujiedas.
- Recommended by Simonscot
- Pairing(s): Varies between each chapter, see below.
- Synopsis: A collection of short one-shots, each one featuring a different pairing.
- Comments: Each one-shot written is short, yet sweet, all of the characterization is intact, and the writing is spot-on.