Nations all over the world have embraced ultranationalism and militarization; the Combat Revues have disbanded, destroying their base and the Koubu in order to prevent them from being used as weapons of war against other countries.
Worst, Ichiro Ogami, the man who is able to keep the team together, has died.
- An Arm and a Leg: Glycine lost one of her legs and had it replaced with a prosthetic.
- Children Raise You: Iris of all people is Sakura's caretaker, who is too depressed to take of herself.
- Five Stages of Grief: Sakura is in denial that Ogami died, thinking he will return at some point, lashing out at anyone who says other wise. It isn't until she has a heartfelt talk with Erica that she finally accepts his death.
- Heroic BSoD: Sakura and Erica's reaction to Ogami being killed.
- Killed Offscreen: Ogami was killed in action.
- No Swastikas: The Nazi flag is never seen but the appearance of soldiers in Wermacht uniforms confirm their presence.
- Nuns Are Funny: Erica and her fellow nuns will find themselves in comedic situations.
- Sanity Slippage: Sakura did not handle Ogami's death well, being in constant denial and thinking he will come back.
- Spirit Advisor: On occasion, the spirit of Ogami will appear before a former member of the Flower Division.