Authors, and WebsitesFanfic Central on the Gears of War website. Gears No More by Dexter Manning
- Recommended by Swerve Star
- Synopsis: In this NON-CANON Machinima, Kevin is a soldier for the COG, accompanied by his buddy Dex. He's sent on a mission to capture the Locust Queen, when he blacks out suddenly. When he wakes up, he's intent to continue the mission, his allies open fire on him. He meets up with Dex, and they find that they have somehow become Locusts...
- Comments: I've gotta say, this was really pretty good. It's 7 episodes long and has multiple endings. I found myself staying up late to finish it... It's dramatic, gripping, and at some points pretty humorous. I recommend it for people who like Gears of War and drama. Just don't let the non-canon factors (Locust apparently live above ground, and there are non-Berserker females... But the biggest is the whole "Eating Imulsion" thing.) get in the way of your enjoyment.
- Recommended by The Novaci
- Synopsis: The story follows a 12 year old girl named Muse who's hometown is attacked by the Locust Hordes. The story follows her escape and her future in the world of Sera.
- Comments: I read this a few years ago and its one of my favourite Fanfics. It is quite long (46 chapters) and it is well worth sticking in there until the end. I should note that some shipping and romance occurs, but it in no way is the driving force of this fic.
- Recommended by Vagrant Gamer
- Synopsis: An old and expansive series of fanfictions, told nearly exclusively from the point of view of Locust fan-characters. Most of the adventures center on an elite faction of warriors called the Soul Killers, who are comparable to Delta Squad in terms of competence and skill.
- Comments: These are nice fics that deserve their reputation, if for no other reason than the sheer volume of content and attention to detail. The characters are charming and easy to care about, even though they're Locust. Just don't let the poor grammar turn you off—it gets better as the stories go on.