Proof that the remaining 10% is worth battling the Locusts for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Gears of War
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
The Epic Games official website
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Gears No More
by Dexter Manning
Dog of War
- Recommended by Swerve Star
- Synopsis: In this NON-CANON Machinima, Kevin is a soldier for the COG, accompanied by his buddy Dex. He's sent on a mission to capture the Locust Queen, when he blacks out suddenly. When he wakes up, he's intent to continue the mission, his allies open fire on him. He meets up with Dex, and they find that they have somehow become Locusts...
- Comments: I've gotta say, this was really pretty good. It's 7 episodes long and has multiple endings. I found myself staying up late to finish it... It's dramatic, gripping, and at some points pretty humorous. I recommend it for people who like Gears of War and drama. Just don't let the non-canon factors (Locust apparently live above ground, and there are non-Berserker females... But the biggest is the whole "Eating Imulsion" thing.) get in the way of your enjoyment.
by Lobo Diablo Lone Wolf
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by The Novaci
- Synopsis: The story follows a 12 year old girl named Muse who's hometown is attacked by the Locust Hordes. The story follows her escape and her future in the world of Sera.
- Comments: I read this a few years ago and its one of my favourite Fanfics. It is quite long (46 chapters) and it is well worth sticking in there until the end. I should note that some shipping and romance occurs, but it in no way is the driving force of this fic.