CrossoversPatchwork and Splintering
- Recommended by punksweets
- Synopsis :Dr. Sam Beckett has been leaping about in time for years; but this time things are different when he crosses paths with another time traveler called The Doctor
- Tags: Crossover with Doctor Who
- Recommended by Aoirann
- Synposis :Post-Mirror Image Sam dutifully continues leaping around, never expecting to see Al again when the pair are reunited just in time for one of Sam's strangest assignments yet. As Odin, moments before Loki's fall into the abyss, Sam must find a way to deal with these family issues and, with luck, prevent the start of the path that leads to Ragnarok.
- Tags: Crossover with Thor
- Review: Not only does it manage to prevent the events of The Avengers it also gives a satisfying end to the series.
General FicsQuantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons
- Recommended by SpideyTerry
- Synopsis: Picking up from "Mirror Image," Sam and Al continue setting right what once went wrong - facing new and old dangers along the way.
- Comments: Solid work. While not every story is 100% perfect, Sam and Al remain quite in-character, supporting/minor characters from the series are used to good effect and lingering plot threads (such as the Evil Leapers and Sammie Jo) are given more attention. This has all the markings of a dedicated staff, so it's really worth checking out.
- Recommended by LinuxKnight, Belphegor
- Synopsis: Sam leaps into a man riding a Harley through the desert with a few million dollars of Mafia money in his duffel bag. Al's more worried about the location: New Mexico, 1995!
- Comments: A good trip, it involves some Too Close To Home, including chance meetings with some of the PQL staff, has a little romance, action, excitement.
- Dynamite XI: It sounds like Dean Stockwell and Scott Bakula! Plus, I like the bits where Al hears Ziggy in the Imaging Chamber, the scenes set inside Project Quantum Leap, and the '90s references that the actual show logically couldn't get away with. The fic is written intelligently, complete with detailed author's notes, and is filled to the brim with Scenery Porn and trivia about New Mexico. Had QL continued several seasons further into The '90s and beyond, I could have easily seen this as an actual two-parter. And, that ending...WOW!
- Recommended: by mockingjay
- Synopsis: Surprises galore as Sam Beckett makes one more leap.
- Comments: A very solid story. Told from Sam's point of view it follows him from the end of "Mirror Image" to his ultimate leap home. I love that it explores the consequences of Sam leaping, not just on the past in general but on Sam's own personal history - including Al's involvement with Project Quantum Leap.