Hi, neighbor! I'm an American college student. In a twisted irony, I've been known to be the most introverted person when it comes to meeting new people and yet I like to act. (Let's just say no one really expected the shy, quiet guy to be a drunk or dress up like a woman on a stage in front of an audience.) I've currently got five plays and an indie movie under my belt, so that's pretty sweet. Also, my introverted tendencies have been fading, too.
This troper is a fan of:
Tropes associated with this troper:
- Berserk Button: If I ask you to hang out (or vice-versa), but then you just blow me off without warning? And worse yet, cry foul when I then decide to cut you out of my life? That used to depress me. Now, it just pisses me off.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I do well, but I keep thinking I'd do better if I applied myself. I'd actually get some writing down, that's for sure.
- Brutal Honesty
- Butt Monkey: Some people at college tend to see me this way. I've been changing that lately, though, via my new confidence.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold / Jerk Ass: I suspect I come off this way to people that don't know me as well as my closest friends.
- Long-Lost Relative / Separated at Birth: I'm an only child, but since starting college, there are a few people I've met that I gladly consider like family.
- Meaningful Name: In the words of Philip J. Fry, "Named for his uncle to carry on his spirit."
- Missing Mom: Who I miss everyday. I love you, Mom. RIP.
- Only Sane Man: Happens more than you think.
- The Quiet One: Depends on how well I know someone. ;)