Proof that the remaining 10% is worth fighting Macavity for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Cats Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
by Delphicoracle Cat
The Jellicle Chronicles
- Recommended by: Bombalurina
- Synopsis: After Rum Tum Tugger and Mistoffelees become mates, Mistoffelees unexpectedly becomes pregnant. At first the story focuses on how they deal with the pregnancy and then the plot advances when Macavity learns of the pregnancy and is very interested in someone who can conceive magical kittens.
- Pairings: Rum Tum Tugger/Mr. Mistoffelees (slash, obviously)
- I've seen people review it and call it "the most believable m-preg out there" and I agree 100%. For me, this is the ONLY m-preg I've been able to read and I love it. The pregnancy itself has a believable explanation, Mistoffelees and Rum Tum Tugger are completely in-character (Misto doesn't start acting like a weepy girl) and the pregnancy details are so realistic that I wouldn't be surprised if the author has has kids herself. The tiny little details and the way everyone is kept in-character is amazing. The plot starts to thicken when Macavity shows up and unlike most Cats fics, Macavity is portrayed as someone who is truly intelligent and frightening, not just a mindless thug. The last few chapters are edge-of-your-seat tense and the birth scene is, again, completely realistic. The author is supposed to write a sequel, though it hasn't been posted yet. I can't recommend this fic enough!
by By Dennis C. Callin (Rumblepurr)
And He Never Knew
- Recommended by: Tidal_Wave_17
- Synopsis: Starts a few months after the end of time in the play. It follows the adventures of the Jellicle Cats as many Jellicle Moon passes. These stories are told in Years. Each Year is about the length of a novel, and each novel has twelve chapters.
- This is a wonderful fanfic. Everyone appears to be in character. It starts off slow but a subtle plot begins to build throughout until it becomes the main focus. This troper is almost done with Year One, and can't wait to get on to the rest! The only complaints are that there are just a few spelling mistakes, but there are so few and far between that you barely notice them after awhile. Also, it becomes clearer in later chapters that the author did do his research on certain subjects that will remain secret, so as not to spoil anything.
- There is some wonderful art to accompany the whole series,and there are several spin-offs as well. It's a whole wonderfully imagined world.
- Recommended by: Storm Requiem
- Synopsis: What happens when an attraction goes too far?
- I don't want to say too much about this story as I don't wish to spoil it, but this is an interesting look at Bombalurina's darker side and it's a somewhat angsty fic that's done well and written wonderfully. The ending will no doubt be a surprise for any first time readers.
by Sleeping Tiger
- Recommended by Capretty
- Synopsis: The events that took place up to, including, and past the Jellicle Ball, that formed the queen and all the cats surrounding her to be how we all know them to be!
- A long fic that covers Demeter's life and her relationships with Bombalurina, Munkustrap, Macavity, and others. Very well-written, both fun and angsty, and fits in well with canon.