Authors, and WebsitesKnitzAndPearls
- Author: KnitzandPearls, on fanfiction.net
- Recommended by: Phoenix Martinez, Pixargirl
- Status: varying, depending on which one of the stories you thinking of.
- Synopsis: varying, depending on which one of the stories you thinking of.
- Most of the time it's Lightning and Sally stories. There's a couple non-romance stories.
- Pairing(s): Mostly canon, but has some like Doc/OC. Ect.
- Recommend by: Pixargirl
- Status: Most of the fanfictions she has written are finished. Only two are not as of 2014.
- Synopsis: Very well written. Focusing more on Lightning and Sally romance stores and various character driven one-shots.
- Pairing(s): Canon.
General FicsForgotten Highways by P.A.W.07
- Recommended by N8han 11
- Synopsis: Chick, forced to play the underdog this season, finds his plagued past returning. Soon, everything is falling apart and everyone seems to want their pound of steel. So when McQueen challenges him to race, wanting to keep his pride, he accepts. Problem is Chick is still trying to figure out if the race was in his favor or not.
- Comments: One of the best Cars Fan Fics ever. The plot always flows well, and it actually makes Chick Hicks sympathetic.
Shipping FicsI'll Meet You on Route 62 by Twilit Violet
- Recommended by TheJayman49
- Synopsis: Mack has settled into a quiet life in Radiator Springs, but when a car from his past runs into him, literally, everyone in town feels the impact. MackxOC. Rated T for mild language, violence, and sensuality.
- Pairing: Mack/OC
- Comments: A story that focuses on an otherwise minor character, there's a lot of really good development here, from showing the downsides of Mack being a truck (plus showing that he gets lonely quite often) to reuniting and eventually falling in love with an old high school friend.
- Recommended by TheJayman49
- Synopsis: It is 2014 and, surprisingly, Lightning is bored with the Piston Cup! So when he's invited to race in the Australian V8 Supercars Enduro Cup, he eagerly accepts the invitation without knowing quite what to expect. Will Lightning be able to take the heat of racing in Australia? Or will he quit halfway through?
- Pairing: Lightning/Sally
- Comments: I really like this story because of the deconstruction in it: McQueen becomes depressed when constantly winning in the Piston Cup has caused him to find it boring, to the point where he considers retirement because he finds no point to racing when all you ever do is win. Admittedly, the shipping portion is somewhat of a subplot, but it's still there.
Crossover FicsThe Unexpected Rookie by Kenya Starflight
- Recommended by TheMisterFree
- Synopsis: Lightning McQueen returns for his second Dinoco 400, little realizing that trouble is brewing in the form of a Decepticon menace... and a new rookie known as Hot Rod.
- Comments: This is a really good fic, taking the Cars verse and fusing it with the the 1980s Transformers cartoon. Full of hilarious and awesome moments all around- both thanks to the citizens of Radiator Springs and their interaction with the Cybertronians. Also has a sequel, The Gathering Storm, where the Radiator Springs residents become Cybertronians to combat Megatron's own conversion of Chick Hicks and the Road Hazards, and their subsequent ruination of Radiator Springs.