Authors and WebsitesDamaged Goods by Dr. Seth
- Recommended by: Tempscire, Ranchoth
- Pairing(s): Garth/Jo, (implied) Erika Slate/Dwayne Hunter
- Synopsis: A Darker and Edgier retelling of the show starting with Rusty's debut— in the author's words, "a total 'what if?' situation that explores certain features that we (my friends and I) thought would occur during or would be necessary for the Big Guy Project."
- Status: Dead
- Comments: Like the show, only moreso. The retro part of BG&R's retro-futurism is embraced more prominently, and one of the most noticeable changes is in Lt. Hunter's characterization (to very psychologically damaged as a result of his involvement in the BGY-11 project). For being something of a Dark Fic, though, it doesn't wallow in angst. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in years, but the chapters that did get published are an interesting treatment of the show and the characters. (Slate/Hunter pairing is implied because while they do have shippy moments, the author stopped updating before they go anywhere.)
- Recommended by: Tempscire
- Synopsis: What is Jenny and why? These are questions she would rather not think about but that keep cropping up when she least wants to face them...
- Status: Complete
- Comments: Another fic from Dr. Seth that again focuses on introducing more realism to the situations the characters face. This one starts out with Rusty dealing with remaining a boy robot as his human friend grows up. The rest of the chapters are from Jenny's perspective as she deals with the opposite problem: being a very human mind in a very animal body that's aging far quicker than her human associates. Bonus: Donovan is shown to be more than a greedy jerkass.