Fanfic Recs: Star Control
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Star Control, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Authors, and WebsitesNone Yet. Fibre by Terrorpin (Gareth Willcock)
- Recommended by Kizor
- Synopsis: It's very Mycon.
- Comments: Those who are familiar with Star Control, and no one else, should read Fibre.
- Recommended by Eida
- Synopsis: A beautiful look into the thoughts of the Slylandro as they send their exploration probe out into space.
- Recommended by Murus
- Synopsis: A novelization of Star Control II. Written from the perspective of Adam Gruber, First Officer of the Vindicator.
- Comments: Murus: The author has a great ability to expand the canonical storyline, creating a plausible and working story. Readers may find the exact copying of in-game dialogue into the story to be jarring and not well integrated with original lines, but that problem disappears with time. Likewise, the writing style improves later on. Go and read for yourself!