Fanfic Recs / Star Control
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Star Control
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by Terrorpin (Gareth Willcock)
- Recommended by Kizor
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: It's very Mycon.
- Comments: Those who are familiar with Star Control, and no one else, should read Fibre.
- Glidergun: For those who have not played Star Control II, it's incomprehensible rambling. For those who have played Star Control II, it's still incomprehensible rambling, but you know it's supposed to be that way.
by Person 4
The Groombridge Log
- Recommended by Eida
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A beautiful look into the thoughts of the Slylandro as they send their exploration probe out into space.
and its sequel The Eternal Doctrine
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Murus
- The Groombridge Log: Complete
- The Eternal Doctrine: Ongoing
- Synopsis: A novelization of Star Control II. Written from the perspective of Adam Gruber, First Officer of the Vindicator.
- Comments: Murus: The author has a great ability to expand the canonical storyline, creating a plausible and working story. Readers may find the exact copying of in-game dialogue into the story to be jarring and not well integrated with original lines, but that problem disappears with time. Likewise, the writing style improves later on. Go and read for yourself!