Fanfic Recs: Neverwinter Nights 2
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Neverwinter Nights 2
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Silver Shards on the Blue Moonlight
, Hungry Dreams
, and Bare Bones
by J.C. Blade
- Reccommended by Pyrotorch246
- Synopsis: Three Stories that follow Ele'ena, Knight Captain of Crossroad Keep. The only problem is, she'd really rather not be involved in it at all, and spends a great deal of time running away. Well, that's the first one, anyways. Hungry Dreams is the same character in Mask of the Betrayer, and Bare Bones is after that.
- Comments: The story is excellent, though hampered by frequent grammar issues (English is not the author's first language). The KC is one of the most original I've seen in NWN 2 fanfics, and one of the few female O Cs not to go crazy over Bishop. The only other problem is that of the three, only Hungry Dreams is complete. Silver Shards died out because the author prefers MOTB to the original campaign, and Bare Bones has been on hold for a year, though J.C. Blade claims that it will be finished at some point.
by steam boy.
- recommended by Pyrotorch246
- Synopsis: Monsters is a Mask of the Betrayer novelization that follows an amnesic by the name of Cal, who wakes up in a chamber deep underground with no memory of how she got there or who she was.
- Comments: The premise is a bit cliche but the story, and the interesting directions it takes, more than make up for it. The characters are compelling, and while the writing starts off a bit weak, it quickly becomes much better.
- Dark Waters
- The Maimed God's Saga
- Synopsis A priest of Tyr and a ranger investigate the mystery surrounding the rural backwater of Navatranassu, leading into deeper and darker plots...
- Recommended by Kayvan Shrike
- Download here.
- Comments: Among other things, it's an excellent analysis of how a Lawful Good character is supposed to act.
The Smell of Destiny
- Recommended by Perahn, Pyrotorch246
- Synopsis: As the author's summary says: 'Sand, quite by accident, succeeds where the Traveling Ranger & Paladin Show has failed, and destiny is revealed to smell like iron and gingerbread. Sarcasm! Drama! Romance! More sarcasm!'
- Comments: The Smell of Destiny is an absolutely hilarious look at a Sand romance. The writing is amazing and the characters are note-perfect. While sadly a Dead Fic, at least it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.