Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Cabin Pressure
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watch-list, if need be.
Warn for sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people don't like it, and Shipping
is serious business
That being said...GERONIMO!
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Cabin Pressure Prompt Meme
- Recommended by tictactoe
- Comments: Originally based on Livejournal before transferring to Dreamwidth. While not explicitally a kink meme, plenty of smut alongside gen posts, and as much Martin whump as you could ever possibly want. Good quality fic, and for such a small fandom, surprisingly active. Pinboard archive accessed here.
Thistle and Weeds
- Recommended by tictactoe
- Summary: Written for a prompt on the kinkmeme. Martin has a man he considers his boyfriend, but said boyfriend is a nasty piece of work who treats Martin appallingly. With a little help along the way from MJN, Martin begins to move on and find happiness.
- Pairing: Martin/OMC
- Comments: This troper isn't personally attracted to OC fics, especially if it involves shipping with a canon character, but this fic is really good. The premise of Martin being trapped in an abusive relationship isn't over sentimentalised, and the after-effects on later relationships aren't simply brushed under the carpet - it's sensitively and maturely dealt with. And there's a happy ending for Martin! (Always a bonus). There is also a short follow-up oneshot called What You Find There which I'd also recommend.
Romance For The Socially Inept
- Recommended by gingersnap
- Crossover with Sherlock, but with only a few brief mentions of any main Sherlock characters aside from Henry.
- Summary: Henry Knight doesn't think ever he'll find anyone. He's too shy, awkward, still dreams of red-eyed hounds. Then he meets Martin Crieff, equally as shy and awkward, who is dealing with his own monsters. It doesn't take long before they fall in love.
- Pairings: Henry/Martin, obviously, but with a hint of post-Fall Johnlock later on.
- Comments: An adorable story - it WILL make you want to hug them both, even if (like me) Henry Knight annoyed the stuffing out of you in Reichenbach for being whiny and annoying. Honestly, this is the fic that made me ship Martin/Henry, illogical as it sounds. Some of the author's other excellent works (Cabin Pressure and otherwise) can be found here.
Alternate Universe Fics
Here Be Dragons
- Recommended by tamberline
- Summary: Wherein Martin is an awkward dragon, Douglas is still a formidable sky god, and Carolyn and Arthur run a family business trading treasures with mythical creatures.
- Comments: There aren't many AU's in Cabin Pressure, and few as fleshed out as this one. Martin and Douglas are dragons (Douglas of the more... fire and brimstone variety, Martin the kind of dragon who instead of gold, hoardes within his tiny cave piles of books and parchment). They still fight over the cheese tray (well, cart) and Carolyn as the human in charge still manages to be the most domineering of them all.