Proof that the remaining 10%
is worth stealing the moon for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Despicable Me
, all of which have to be signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec.
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked / disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommendations Line. Please refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page. Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Author and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Never Let Go
- Recommended By: Adele Potter
- Synopsis: When it's Valentine's Day, it turns out to be the best with Gru and the girls.
Box of Shame 3
- Recommended By: Adele Potter
- Synopsis: "There wasn't an ounce of love in Gru's heart. Not after he ignored Agnes's tearful pleas to stay, or the sadness in Edith's eyes when she was told to leave. How heartless could one person be?" Margo's POV from the end scenes of the movie.
- Recommended by ladyofthelibrary
- Synopsis "Dark-ish AU fic about the three girls when they are returned to Miss Hattie. The angry, child-hating woman takes out her disappointment on Margo. Follows the girls, Vector and Gru through the kidnapping, rescue, eventual homecoming and its aftermath.''
- Trigger warning: Child abuse and neglect.
Stories that feature characters or settings from other works
by Karts of Sugar Rush
- Recommended by Pikatwig
- Synopsis "In a universe where super villains don't live among the public, Margo, Edith, and Agnes must find a different place to call home. In the meantime, they go to Litwak's Arcade, where they play games once a month. But one night, the girls get locked in and discover the hidden world of video games. Separated, can the girls reunite? Who will they meet? A certain core four?"
Stories whose primary focus is on romantic or sexual relationships between the cast.
The Worst Of You
Freeze Rays and Lipstick Tasers
- Recommended by: bookwormgal
- Pairings: Gru/OC
- Synopsis: A villainess goes to Gru with a plan that will get them both the respect they deserve. However in order to pull it off Gru must hire someone to watch his kids, a task which proves difficult, particularly when the girl he hires starts getting in the way. This also has a sequel started: Plasma and Grilled Cheese
by Raven Morning
- Recommended by: midoriri
- Pairings: Gru/Lucy
- Synopsis: Post-Series. This will be a series of one-shots exploring the different aspects of Gru and Lucy's relationship. First chapter: Date night - As far as first dates go, tonight was so much better than Lucy could have ever expected.
- Comments: Contains heavy spoilers for the sequel. As of this writing only two chapters have been posted, but what's there is just so wonderfully-written it had to be rec'd.
- There are thirteen chapters as of 09/15/13 .