Proof that the remaining 10% is worth getting locked up in a water tower for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Animaniacs Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by The Middle Warner Sibling
(Caution is advised, primarily due to language issues and likely an Alternate Universe
The Burbank Confession
- Recommended by Market 43 Fan, kurumitsubasa
- Synopsis: A depiction of the Warner siblings managing to rise from almost the ultimate hard-luck circumstances (their dad is a pickpocket/con artist, for example) to become the stars of Animaniacs. Set between 1988 with the most recent chapter being from the summer of 1996.
(Caution: Like the above story, this fic is a bit more mature than you would expect for this category. The story is rated a high T for language, violence, and some mature themes.)
Out of the Tower and Out of Their Minds
- Recommended by Pinzetti, kurumitsubasa
- Synopsis: A story set roughly a decade after the show's cancellation. The characters are caught up in a toon vs. human war in Burbank as they slowly begin to piece together a larger mystery that surrounds their backstory as well as the entire ordeal itself.
- NOTE: Link broken, fic apparently no longer exists.
by Karen Tindall
- Recommended by Trouble The Cat
- Synopsis: Technically two stories in one. The first part is very loosely based on the old SNES Animaniacs game, with the Warner Siblings being asked by Mr. Plots to look for a stolen movie script in what is really a ploy to keep them out of the way of an important celebrity dinner at the studio, only for the script to be stolen for real by Pinky and the Brain, in one of their usual harebrained Take Over the World schemes. Lots of characters make cameos, including members of the Tiny Toon Adventures cast and genuine Hilarity Ensues. Part 2 is a full on crossover with Tiny Toon Adventures in which the Warner Siblings are rewarded for their help in the first part of the story with a visit to Acme Acres.
- Pairing(s): Contains some Yakko/Fifi in Part 2.
- Recommended by: Gemini Star 01
- Synopsis: "An unexpected death leads to whispers of an unsettling conspiracy. When disaster strikes, the bonds of sibling love are tested in a race against time to save Toontown." Set several years after the end of the series, Bonds mixes liberally with Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- Tags: Character Death, some pairings, Dark Fic (but not too dark.)
- Pairings: There's no real romance, but there are highly emotional pairings built up, including Buster/Babs, Yakko/Babs, and Skippy/Dot.
Not Your Average Hostage Drama
- Recommended by bluehedgehogjunkie
- Synopsis: "Passion! Plagiarism! Puerility! The Love Story Every Woman Would Die a Thousand Deaths to Live is now The Parody Every Mouse Would Die a Thousand Deaths to Delete!"
- Tags: Crossover, Parody, Original Flavor
- Pairings: Implied Pinky/Brain, Dot/Brain and Snowball/Brain—but it's only incidental. (Think Yakko as Han and Dot as Leia in "Star Warners".)
by The Illustrious Crackpot (Rated T for "extremely frequent language, VERY mild innuendos and gun usage")
Sixty Years in a Water Tower
- Recommended by Muffin Girl 7771
- Synopsis: Lydeah Hoskins is a "psychopathic, angsty teenager who hates toons." She kidnaps the Warner Siblings as a revenge on the Warner Bros. company for not releasing a special edition of Edward Scissorhands for the film's fifteenth anniversary, but little does she know what she's getting into. The Warners proceed to make her their "Special Friend" and pester her to no end with cartoon gags, wordplay, and all-around silliness. If it weren't for the swearing from Lydeah and the slight Alternate Universe setting of the story, this could pass as an Original Flavor fanfic.
- Tags: Humor
- Pairing: Yakko flirts with Lydeah, but otherwise, their is no romance of any kind.
The Brain VS the Claw Machine
- Recommended by: LancelotG
- Synopsis: A decade-by-decade look at how the Warners passed the time while they were locked up in the water tower.
- Tags: Humor, Original Flavor
by The Illustrious Crackpot
Can We Keep Her?
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Synopsis: In order for the Brain's new plot to work, he and Pinky must travel to France to secure the most fabulous diamond in the world. However, with a sadistic author like me on their case, things might not end up as planned!
Who's the cutest dot?
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Synopsis: Beneath a metal bench there was a moving pile of snow. Shivering, to be exact. He'd never seen anything like it, so, he did like any normal person would do in the face of the unknown. He reached out and touched it.
Running Around in Circles
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Synopsis: Dot has always been considered 'the cute one' and has grown attached to that nickname. But when a survey says that Wakko is far by the cutest in the group, she begins to work on her looks... in an extreme way!
by Dark Hououmon
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
The Warner Bride
- Recommended by ladyofthelibrary
- Synopsis: Yakko had never thought twice about pulling pranks on people he deemed his "Special Friend". What happens when he picks the wrong target and finds himself now the victim? Rated T to be safe. (taken from fanfiction)
- Comments: While this story gets dark at times, it ultimately remains a piece about the family bond between the members of the Animaniacs cast and how good always wins.
- Warnings: Rape, torture, abuse of various characters and death of minor characters.
by (Capital C
- Recommended by: Naal2
- Synopsis: A Warnerized parody of The Princess Bride. Has characters from Tiny Toon Adventures in it, but is not technically a Crossover.
- Pairing(s): Dot/Buster, implied Babs/Buster
- Tags: None.
[= add review