Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Babylon 5
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Page Reconfiguration in Progress
: Fanfic Recommendations
is being split into pages for each individual series, so help is needed to classify each entry into the appropiate category, and to format it according to the template.
Author and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Chronicles of the Crusade Book 1
and Book 2
by Ken Harper (crossover)
Voices of Babylon: Three Edged Sword
- Recommended by SAMAS
- Synopsis: During the Drakh assault on Earth, a small but powerful ship of unknown origin arrives and offers their help. Afterwards, Sheridan and Garibaldi are led to a massive ring hidden in the Asteroid field, which pulls them into an alternate Earth hundreds of years in the past.
- Comments: A crossover with Stargate SG-1.
by Jarsto van Santen, Edmund Boys and John Keegan.
The Dilgar War
- Synopsis: Set during the Earth Alliance civil war of 2260 and 2261 the story focuses on events around the break-away colony Orion 7.
- Comments: A massive Audio Drama with a large cast of characters that spawned from the feedback of the Babylon Podcast. Running for the last couple of years it's created an epic story on and around the Orion 7 Colony with Earth Force, Psi-Corps, Narn and the rebels all working with and against each other. If you're a fan of Babylon 5 it's well worth checking out.
by Lord of Misrule
The Deep Sleep
- Sypnosis: It was the event that started it all. Thirty years before Babylon 5 the Dilgar race launched an Invasion of League space, a war which would cost billions of lives, whole races destroyed and at the end give birth to a new super power - The Earth Alliance.
- Status: Completed on 8/19/08 with 104 chapters and 1,216,226 words. A true Door Stopper.
by Laurie M (technically-AU)
A Fighting Chance
- Recommended by PandaFox
- Synopsis: Garibaldi takes one blow to the head too many and soon finds himself living the life of a hard-boiled detective back on Earth.
- Comments: A truly wonderful tribute to hard-boiled fiction in the vein of Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe. Laurie M nails every detail of the classic detective story from the first-person narration to the slang of the period in this fic. Every member of the main cast and quite a few of the supporting cast members make an appearance in one way or another. Despite being set in the 1940ís/1950ís of New York, the author does a great job of adapting each characterís essential personality to the story and tying them into the plot without making it feel forced. Definitely worth a read for fans of B5 and hardboiled novels. Some romance corresponding to in-canon relationships''.
, by Lord of Misrule (AU)
The Babylon Project
- Recommended by EDP
- Synopsis: Set in a continuity where the Dilgar managed to stop Earthforce-League advance at Balos and a reduced Dilgar Imperium survived with Alaca as throneworld. Everything else continues as business, until the disastrous first contact between Earth and the Minbari. And as soon as they hear of this, and before Earth can actually realize how effective the Minbari stealth is, the Dilgar offer Earth blueprints and samples of sensors capable to break the Minbari stealth, giving Earth the one fighting chance it needed.
- Comments: Daniel14541: Unforetuneately the fic is incomplete and will not likely be completed ever...
by team of same name 
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
In the Pale Moonlight
- Recommended by: StarSword
- Synopsis: Fan-made freeware game using the FreeSpace 2 engine, with a whole slew of campaigns. For example, "The Raider Wars" sets the Player Character as the Hero of Another Story to Sinclair et al. during season one's Raiders story arc (initially one of the Starfury pilots attached to B5 during "Midnight On the Firing Line"; you are then reassigned to an Earth Alliance destroyer).
- Comments: Adds mechanics to the FS2 engine to simulate Babylon 5 fighter behavior. One campaign is an AU fic.
- Status: Completed on 05/19/08 with twelve campaigns of varying length.
- Recommended by dreamshell
- Synopsis: Cartagia wishes to be amused. Londo wants to survive. Not necessarily compatible goals...
- Comments: Not that Iím inclined to read a lot of it, but Iíve never seen a Crack Pairing work so well. Itís subtle, doesnít overstay its welcome and though Cartagia seemed oddly lacking in sexual deviancy on the show for a Caligula expy - even Londo is surprised - the Emperorís mercurial nature and love of coercing those around him for his own amusement makes it feel quite in-character. As does, strangely, Londo paraphrasing Oscar Wilde, which seemed just like something JMS wouldíve thought to do.