Fanfic Recs: Command & Conquer
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth getting shot by an Ion Cannon for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Command & Conquer
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Page Reconfiguration in Progress
: Fanfic Recommendations
is being split into pages for each individual series, so help is needed to classify each entry into the appropiate category, and to format it according to the template.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Full Red Jacket
- Recommended by Gentlemens Dame 883, Tacitus, corin, Gatomon41, Latw PIAT, Premier666, Shadow Dog, Discar. Jade Crisanthamum
- Synopsis: A novelisation of Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars that vastly outdoes the official one.
- Tacitus: This guy's good. Seriously - I spotted a handful of sentences with redundant descriptors, but aside from that this is writing that could compete with Dan Abnett. He knows the setting, he knows the hardware, he knows warfare...trust me, you'll forget you're reading fanfiction. Oh yeah, he also has a present for ya.
- corin: The author himself has said in one of the later chapters he was heavily inspired by the Gaunt's Ghosts series. The story has a lot of throwbacks to Warhammer 40,000 too, like GDI using Armored Fist squads, the Brotherhood of Nod addressing one another like Space Marines, and a big one to the Ghosts books with the Nod commander's name being Rawne.
- Premier666: "That was left-handed." Brilliant.
- Jade Crisanthamum: Fiction written by someone with an actual grasp of military tactics and procedure, and great reading regardless. A must read.
Bird of Prey
- Recommended by Obssesed Nuker
- Synopsis: A story of the war of RA3, from the perspective of soldiers from different sides.
- Comments: A series of semi-related one-shots, some with reoccurring characters, taking place chronologically throughout the events of Red Alert 3. The writing is solid and the author manages to present the rather ridiculous game mechanics and storyline in a more serious and believable light, although there is still plenty of hilarity to be found. A nice variety of combat situations take place, so fans of naval, air, and mechanized warfare can all find something here. All-in-all, a decent read to kill the time.
Stories that crossover this universe with another one.
Starcraft AU: Tiberium Galaxy
- Recommended by Ingsmasher
- Synopsis: Set during Tiberian Sun and Firestorm, follows the life of a GDI soldier who is infected by Tiberium and slowly starts becoming a Mutant.
- Comments: This is a really great depiction of a man out of his element, as he ends up having to live in a Forgotten community while at the same time simply trying to survive against the elements and the war raging between GDI and Nod. Eventually he must make a choice whether his loyalties lie with his GDI roots or his fellow Mutants. Even features some of the missions from the GDI campaign in both TS and FS.
- Status: Completed
- Recommended by Steel Dusk
- Synopsis: A Starcraft/C&C crossover alternate universe fanfic set after the events of Tiberian Twilight and during the events of Starcraft II.
- Comments: This fanfic mainly focuses on Kane after his ascension, finding himself in a strange new world and recreates the Brotherhood of Nod while at it. Meanwhile, the Terran Dominion and the Protoss are baffled by the discovery of mysterious green crystals, which would attract some of Kane's old enemies...Expect lots of action! This fanfic also contains Unit Profiles and 'Unit Versus' sections which compares C&C units to Starcraft units and which one of them will be more likely to win in a fight.
- Status: Ongoing
A World In Flames
- Recommended by corin
- Synopsis: A Mass Effect/Command & Conquer Crossover/Alternate Universe fic that replaces the Mass Effect Earth with Tiberium Earth, with GDI taking over the role of the Systems Alliance, that follows the plot of the original game.
- Comments: Inspired by a discussion on Spacebattles.com.(Spacebattles story thread here.) Essentially serves as a novelization of the game that explores how different everything would be if GDI replaced the Alliance, and how their technology and Tiberium would dramatically influence politics, relations, and history, i.e. Nod intervenes in the slaver attack on Elysium, GDI goes to war with the Batarian Hegemony, and Akuze was actually a Scrin attack, among other things. The story is still relatively new, however, so there's no idea when it will be updated.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Drgyen
- Synopsis: A Code Geass/C&C Alternate Universe fic. Due to the actions of the European Union and the Holy Britannian Empire, three new factions are founded in the Code Geass universe. When Britannia invades Japan, it triggers a series of events that will change the Code Geass world forever.
Other categories that does not fit anyone above.
A Fourth World Country in The War of Three Powers
- Recommended by general_tiu
- Synopsis: A faux history of a Fourth-World Country the Philippines, after being bumped down from Third-World country status due to the Empire of the Rising Sun during and after the faux War of the Three Powers.
- Comments: This is a hilarious take on Red Alert 3, not concentrating on the Allies, Soviets, and the Japanese, but in the Philippines as it has to deal with all three. The Philippine nation has to gather a guerrilla army against the Empire with weapons that were both hilarious and deadly. Better if you are a student of Filipino history and definitely not for the politically correct or the hard core C&C fan who cannot stand humor.
- Status: Unfinished